[AOLSERVER] AOLserver Tutorial at Tcl'2008

Visto 15 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Matthew M. Burke

no leída,
25 sept 2008, 12:36:3125/9/08
a AOLS...@listserv.aol.com
All,

I will be giving a short (3 hour) tutorial at the Tcl'2008 conference in
Manassas, VA on Monday, 20 October. See
http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2008/ for details on the tutorial.

Three hours is not a lot of time, particularly since I want the tutorial
to be hands-on/interactive/your-buzzword-here and I am interested in
hearing what people think are the "can't be skipped" topics. For
example, one of the most important topics (IMNSHO) is showing the power
of actually scripting configuration using Tcl (as opposed to configuring
with key-value entries). But configuring AOLserver is a big area, what
in particular shouldn't be missed? How important would you find a
simple example of writing an extension module? What about nscp? etc, etc.

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew M. Burke
Assistant Professor of Computer Science

--
AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <list...@listserv.aol.com> with the
body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.

Cesareo Garci’a Rodicio

no leída,
25 sept 2008, 23:56:4125/9/08
a AOLS...@listserv.aol.com
Hi!

If I'd be an tutorial attendant, I'd like to hear about:
- Basic/Advanced Setup
- Use of telnet (or similar) control of Aolserver
- Use of TCL API

If the tutorial will be video recorded, please let me (us) know.

Thanks
Cesáreo

--

Dossy Shiobara

no leída,
26 sept 2008, 0:45:0626/9/08
a AOLS...@listserv.aol.com
Matthew M. Burke wrote:
> I will be giving a short (3 hour) tutorial at the Tcl'2008 conference in
> Manassas, VA on Monday, 20 October. See
> http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2008/ for details on the tutorial.

Thank you for representing AOLserver at the Tcl conference! I do plan
to attend but I really don't know what I'll be able to prepare for it,
if anything.

> Three hours is not a lot of time, particularly since I want the tutorial
> to be hands-on/interactive/your-buzzword-here and I am interested in
> hearing what people think are the "can't be skipped" topics.

One of the more common questions folks ask about AOLserver is "how do I
set up virtual hosting" - although, trying to explain that could take up
too much of that 3 hour slot itself.

Perhaps a "how to configure AOLserver to connect to [MySQL, PostgreSQL,
SQLite], and then execute queries to it" might be high on the list, too.

Everyone's favorite configuration-related question is "what can be tuned
and what do I set/change to tune it?" This is definitely a subject that
deserves some attention, too.

--
Dossy Shiobara | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/

Alexey Pechnikov

no leída,
26 sept 2008, 1:41:0026/9/08
a AOLS...@listserv.aol.com
Hello!

В сообщении от Friday 26 September 2008 08:45:06 Dossy Shiobara написал(а):

> One of the more common questions folks ask about AOLserver is "how do I
> set up virtual hosting" - although, trying to explain that could take up
> too much of that 3 hour slot itself.

Virtual hosting is really difficult. I think exists correct way for massive
virtual hosting but I don't know it...

> Perhaps a "how to configure AOLserver to connect to [MySQL, PostgreSQL,
> SQLite], and then execute queries to it" might be high on the list, too.

And using AOL with BerkeleyDB. And using SQLite without pools by open new
connections in each http request (read queries is paralleled and write
queries is queued).

Best regards, Alexey.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor