Polar array or circular pattern in ANSYS

Mir Z Shams

Sep 17, 2009, 9:13:31 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Can anyone advise me how to draw polar array or circular pattern of a geometry in ANSYS?
Please note that it is not for meshing. It is for drawing geometry.

Thank you,

Zed

Mahendran R

Sep 17, 2009, 9:19:05 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
type CSYS,1
so that it will convert the coordinate system to polar form before u do ur geometric functions

--
நன்றி
இரா. மகேந்திரன்

Mir Z Shams

Sep 17, 2009, 9:29:08 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
But how do I assign number of elements in pattern and angle to fill ?

Mahendran R

Sep 17, 2009, 9:48:34 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
do u want for meshing or for geometry creation

Mir Z Shams

Sep 17, 2009, 10:38:57 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
I need it for geometry creation.

Mahendran R

Sep 17, 2009, 11:04:28 AM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
then what i told will do fine,

if its not , send me in detail what u want to do i can write a macro for it

Mir Z Shams

Sep 17, 2009, 1:12:14 PM9/17/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
After working according to your first tip, I get a feeling that it's working.
Let me keep working on it.
Thank you for your help.

PAVAN JORWEKAR

Sep 21, 2009, 2:31:43 AM9/21/09
to an...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can create circular pattern in ANSYS. Create cylindrical co-ordinate system at the centre of the circular pattern with Z axis perpedicular to the plane of the pattern. Then go the command copy in preprocessing >modeling menu. Select the geometry for pattern, input number of copies and angle between two instances in Dy ( y offset in active CS). This will create circular pattern.

Regards,
Pavan

Mir Z Shams

Sep 21, 2009, 9:54:50 AM9/21/09