Remote RDP through SSH; "Connection Failed"

Peter Sise

Feb 22, 2010, 11:01:25 AM2/22/10
to AndroidRemote
Through ConnectBot, I have connection to my PC and have port-forwarded
from BOTH source ports :3389 and :3390 to my internal PC IP (192.x.x.x:
22), but when I try to connect with 127.0.0.1 like the tutorial said,
it either says "Connection Failed" or something about "invalid header"
or something. No I need something faster than EDGE, not compatible
with x64 Vista?

Walter Wang

Feb 22, 2010, 11:54:53 AM2/22/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Probably you can start with Wifi connection, you can isolate where is the problem, SSH or port forwarding.

Walter

RDP/VNC Clients for Google Android
http://www.toremote.com
http://groups.google.com/group/androidremote

Peter Sise

Feb 22, 2010, 12:06:46 PM2/22/10
to AndroidRemote
Now my connections are refusing!

With my external IP: (my_ip_address.x.x.com)/(my_ip_address)
With my internal IP : (my_internal_ip)/(my_internal_ip)

and the 127.0.0.1 fails : (

Peter Sise

Feb 22, 2010, 12:26:03 PM2/22/10
to AndroidRemote
edit: I cannot even go through outside of the SSH tunnel. I cannot
even get straight into my IP and username. I have also tried to have
other websites probe for open port with the firewalls from both Window
and my router down and they all "time out!"

Is there anyway to open up those ports, or does my IP have something
to do with it (I have Time-Warner.)

Walter Wang

Feb 22, 2010, 12:31:01 PM2/22/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you isolate it's a SSH issue or a port forwarding issue? You can try some thins like: RDP to your computer's ip address using Wifi, RDP to your router's ip address using 3G, SSH to some other known websites.

Regards,
Walter

Peter Sise

Feb 22, 2010, 12:58:36 PM2/22/10
to AndroidRemote
Connection refused...

On Feb 22, 12:31 pm, Walter Wang <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you isolate it's a SSH issue or a port forwarding issue? You can try
> some thins like: RDP to your computer's ip address using Wifi, RDP to your
> router's ip address using 3G, SSH to some other known websites.
>
> Regards,
> Walter
>

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Peter Sise <elcabro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > edit: I cannot even go through outside of the SSH tunnel.  I cannot
> > even get straight into my IP and username.  I have also tried to have
> > other websites probe for open port with the firewalls from both Window
> > and my router down and they all "time out!"
>
> > Is there anyway to open up those ports, or does my IP have something
> > to do with it (I have Time-Warner.)
>
> > --

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/androidremote?hl=en.
>
> --

> RDP/VNC Clients for Google Androidhttp://www.toremote.comhttp://groups.google.com/group/androidremote- Hide quoted text -

Walter Wang

Feb 22, 2010, 1:05:21 PM2/22/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You must try different cases to know why the connection was refused. The problem may happens on Remote RDP, SSH, Port forwarding, your target computer or network. You have to try different ways to isolate where is the problem and we start working on it. sorry there is no easy way for this.

Regards,
Walter

Peter Sise

Feb 23, 2010, 12:41:55 PM2/23/10
to AndroidRemote
OK, this is what I did...

SSH is running on :22
On ConnectBot's port forwarding, the source is :3390 and the
destination is 192.168.2.2:139 (I changed Windows RDP port to :139
through regedit [it was the only listening port])

On Remote RDP, I try to connect through @127.0.0.1:3390 and it says
"Invalid TPKT header, version=-125"

127.0.0.2:3390 and it says "Connection refused"

With SSH down and Wifi on:

On Remote RDP, I try to connect through @192.168.2.2:139 and it says
"Connection Refused"

With Wifi off:

On Remote RDP, I try to connect through @my_ip_address:139 and it says
"Connection Refused"

My router has Virtual Servers set to have the incoming port to be :139
and the destination to 192.168.2.2:139.
I've even tried to have ConnectBot's port forwarding's destination to :
3390 and my router to have its source from :3390 to destination :139

My Remote Desktop settings allow for other users to connect to me. I
even tried to lower all firewalls.

On Feb 22, 1:05 pm, Walter Wang <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,

Walter Wang

Feb 23, 2010, 3:32:51 PM2/23/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
With SSH down and Wifi on:

On Remote RDP, I try to connect through @192.168.2.2:139 and it says
"Connection Refused"

It seems you can not connect to your machine even without using SSH and port forwarding, you can try following to make sure we can connect to the machine without SSH and port warding:

1. Try the MS Remote Desktop Client on another computer, to make sure the RDP server has not problem. if not, probably the port configuration has problem.
2. Edit the connection in Remote RDP, make sure you have 192.168.2.2 in the Host field and 139 in the port field. don't put :139 in the Host field.
3. Try again using Wifi, don't use ConnectBot.

Walter

This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us.