LGPL license

Thomas Krenn

Oct 9, 2011, 8:12:58 PM10/9/11
to AndroidBinding
Hi,

I was very happy to seen that MVVM can be used on android in a way we
love it in .net WPF.
You did and do a great work!!

But using the LGPL license makes it almost impossible to use it in a
commercial app.

Will you permit the use of the framework in commercial app's if I
explain the purpose of the app?

Maybe you could also change/dual-license the framework, see
http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html.

Thanks.

Andy Tsui

Oct 9, 2011, 8:19:51 PM10/9/11
to AndroidBinding
Hi,

I actually expect commercial is free to use/modify as well... maybe I
misunderstand LGPL?

Which other license would works? MIT?

Andy

On Oct 10, 8:12 am, Thomas Krenn <thomas.martin.kr...@gmail.com>

Giuseppe

Dec 15, 2011, 10:49:31 AM12/15/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I thought the same as you (e.g. see here) about LGPL.

Did you came to any conclusion /decision on that issue?

And, is there any page where Android Binding licensing is stated?
Or, as an alternative, even some kind of 'statement' made by the authors about library intended usage?

Because that's gonna be needed as soon as one tries to sell an app.

Thanks

Andy Tsui

Dec 15, 2011, 7:23:42 PM12/15/11
to AndroidBinding
It seems that many people are not confident enough for LGPL, I will
disucss to change the license to MIT with my other contributors.

> And, is there any page where Android Binding licensing is stated?

No, I will try to make one. Thanks.