Screen orientation on Android 1.6

Ulrik Hørlyk Hjort

Nov 10, 2010, 11:26:48 AM11/10/10
to Android-x86
Had anyone figured out how to change the screen orientation in 1.6 for
eeePC ? What I am trying to do is:

1.) To change the default orientation for the system

Or alternatively

2.) Rotate my app.

For 1.) I cant figure out where the default orientation is defined
and for 2.) No matter what I set the android:screenOrientation
attribute to for your app it appears in the same orientation. Anyone
know a hack for 1.6 that will solve one of these (or both) problems?

- Ulrik

Yi Sun

Nov 10, 2010, 1:44:30 PM11/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
See if this helps
http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=commit;h=747b671310e3180044f92b1533da76eaee8a919b

2010/11/10 Ulrik Hørlyk Hjort <ulrik.hoe...@gmail.com>:

> --

Android-x86
http://www.android-x86.org

Ulrik Hørlyk Hjort

Nov 10, 2010, 2:17:03 PM11/10/10
to Android-x86
Hi Yi,
Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems to work only for Android 2.2.
The config.xml for Android 1.6 (which is the one I have to use) is
very sparse and I wonder if the orientation is hardcoded somewhere
instead of being configurable in this version?

-Ulrik

On Nov 10, 7:44 pm, Yi Sun <beyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See if this helpshttp://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=commit;h...

Yi Sun