Full Access to the Android Market

list

Feb 16, 2011, 9:31:39 AM2/16/11
to Android-x86
All,

I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
can use https://market.android.com there are some apps that work and
some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
ARM specific code.

I followed the steps in this forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209

there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
my Windows7 computer.

to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
as well as the Google USB Driver

you must install all of the SDK componets.

You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android

I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:

change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"

Add:
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
75603:user/release-keys
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google

Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
google account and it should send that to the market place.

if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
Fix which can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044 it is Step 6
on page one, if that doesn't work this is what I did having a Device
with out a touch screen:
Open your Browser and go to https://market.andoid.com
find TweetCaster
Click Visit the Developers website
Click Get TweetCaster
then go to http://bit.ly/tweetcasterandroid
it should ask you to choose a app to open it with use the Android
Market Place
the Android Market place should open to the TweetCaster page for
install
try to install it
It should download to your device and install
If it doens't reboot and try again.

once you set it up you should be able to use all of the "Gapps"

I have the Following working:

Maps
Goggles
Talk
Voice
Facebook
Twitter
News and Weather
Latitude
Youtube

As for Apps that i have Downloaded and are Konwn to work:
Dropbox
Pandora
Remote RDP Lite
android VNC
Appbrain and the Fast webinstaller
IP cam Viewer lite
IcanhazCheezburger viewer
LauncherPro free version

This was all completed with alot of Trial and error. As for other apps
i cna't use becuase i don't have a Touch Device, only because the
Serial WACOM tablet doens't work in Android so i can't verify any of
those. Please give it a try and let me know if it does work for you or
not. I belvie i have posted everything that I did to get it to work on
my device, which is a Toshiba M200 tablet, with a B43legacy card.
Everything is workign except the WACOM Tablet.

ItsTobias

Feb 16, 2011, 9:53:10 AM2/16/11
to Android-x86
I will have a look at this tonight.
If this really does work. It will not be recommended as the Market is
not licensed for x86

On Feb 16, 2:31 pm, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> can usehttps://market.android.comthere are some apps that work and
> some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> ARM specific code.
>
> I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> my Windows7 computer.
>
> to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> Add:
> ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> 75603:user/release-keys
> ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
>
> Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
> Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
> If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
> google account and it should send that to the market place.
>
> if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
> Fix which can be found here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044it is Step 6
> on page one, if that doesn't work this is what I did having a Device
> with out a touch screen:
>  Open your Browser and go tohttps://market.andoid.com
>  find TweetCaster
>  Click Visit the Developers website
>  Click Get TweetCaster
>  then go tohttp://bit.ly/tweetcasterandroid

list

Feb 16, 2011, 11:12:49 AM2/16/11
to Android-x86
I don't recommend it either becuase of licensing, but for people who
what to try it.

I just got some screenshots of this working,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Install2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Install.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Market.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/MarketWeb.png

On Feb 16, 9:53 am, ItsTobias <t...@sewiki.co.uk> wrote:
> I will have a look at this tonight.
> If this really does work. It will not be recommended as the Market is
> not licensed for x86
>
> On Feb 16, 2:31 pm, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > All,
>
> > I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> > market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> > can usehttps://market.android.comthereare some apps that work and
> > some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> > serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> > ARM specific code.
>
> > I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> >http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> > there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> > with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> > my Windows7 computer.
>
> > to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> > as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> > you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> > You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> > I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> > change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> > Add:
> > ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> > 75603:user/release-keys
> > ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
>
> > Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
> > Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
> > If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
> > google account and it should send that to the market place.
>
> > if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
> > Fix which can be found here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044itis Step 6
> > Everything is workign except the WACOM Tablet.- Hide quoted text -

Arobase40

Feb 16, 2011, 12:31:41 PM2/16/11
to Android-x86
Is Youtube really functionnal ?

As I could install one version but just got a force close...

On 16 fév, 17:12, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't recommend it either becuase of licensing, but for people who
> what to try it.
>
> I just got some screenshots of this working,
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Install2.pnghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Install.pnghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Market.pnghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/MarketWeb.png
>
> On Feb 16, 9:53 am, ItsTobias <t...@sewiki.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I will have a look at this tonight.
> > If this really does work. It will not be recommended as the Market is
> > not licensed for x86
>
> > On Feb 16, 2:31 pm, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > All,
>
> > > I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> > > market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> > > can usehttps://market.android.comtherearesome apps that work and
> > > some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> > > serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> > > ARM specific code.
>
> > > I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> > >http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> > > there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> > > with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> > > my Windows7 computer.
>
> > > to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> > > as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> > > you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> > > You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> > > I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> > > change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> > > Add:
> > > ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> > > 75603:user/release-keys
> > > ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
>
> > > Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
> > > Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
> > > If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
> > > google account and it should send that to the market place.
>
> > > if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
> > > Fix which can be found here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044itisStep 6

list

Feb 16, 2011, 2:01:52 PM2/16/11
to Android-x86
Yes it is. Youtube version 2.1.6 here are the screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/youtube1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/youtube2.png

On Feb 16, 12:31 pm, Arobase40 <arobas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Youtube really functionnal ?
>
> As I could install one version but just got a force close...
>
> On 16 fév, 17:12, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I don't recommend it either becuase of licensing, but for people who
> > what to try it.
>
> > I just got some screenshots of this working,
>
> >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/Install2.pnghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/...
>
> > On Feb 16, 9:53 am, ItsTobias <t...@sewiki.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > I will have a look at this tonight.
> > > If this really does work. It will not be recommended as the Market is
> > > not licensed for x86

ItsTobias

Feb 16, 2011, 6:08:25 PM2/16/11
to Android-x86
I have done a whole load of testing with these with my viewpad 10

Yes, I got market working on x86. No it did not really help anything
tbh.

I attempted to follow the guide written above/on xda but a lot of it
made no sense when working with a tablet.
Mainly using adb/SDK manager? what did you use this for, theres no way
to connect a tablet to a host pc through usb to enable debugging? or
am I missing something here? - Not sure on this one seems pointless to
do.
Editing the build.prop? Also not required, although an edited
build.prop may have helped with a few issues I had later.

My guide to installing Market/Gapps on x86 (although I do not
recommend this for license reasons and tbh its not much better than
not having market installed):
grab the viewsonic G tablet Gapps from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209

install GMail, Google Services Framework and Market(Vending.apk)
run GMail, Add your account info.
Start Market.
??
Profit?
The Market this installed was not the one in the picture above linked
by list. Are you using a different vending.apk? If so where do we get
it from? (I tried about 8 versions and didnt find one that worked).
Tested working Gapps:
Gmail
Maps
Market
Not working(on Viewpad):
Navigation (hangs on finding location, no gps on a viewpad)
Youtube, The Gtablet pack doesnt include a youtube apk, I couldnt find
it by searching youtube on the market from the device. All apks I
found on the net failed to install.

The Market that this installs is either very old or has limited access
to apps as I could not find a large number of the apps that I use on
my phone(are they only "findable" from a device that supports them?)

This doesnt solve a lot of install issues, Many apps that I attempted
to install from the Market just said: "Install Failed".

I will continue playing with this tomorrow and see what I can do with
it.

list

Feb 16, 2011, 7:14:55 PM2/16/11
to Android-x86
I do agree that the XDA forums are quite confusing.

I used adb from windows 7 with the Android dvice connected tot he same
network either through Wifi or ethernet, sorry that I didn't specify
this.
adb connect <ip address>
then i used adb push <path to .apk on host computer> /system/app

I will upload all of the Gapps that I have working and using
tomorrow.

As for getting all of the Apps in the market, I belive that modifying
the build.prop will help if that doesn't. I use MarketEnabler to fake
a provider which I will include in the uplaoaded apks

I am not sure that the steps that i did will work for everyone on
every device, but it is workth a shot.

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 16, 2011, 8:33:45 PM2/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the detailed reports.

The only question is, are you able to see
all apps in the Market?
My Market only has very few apps,
seems most are filtered.

Indeed Market will not work on a device
without touchscreen. This will be solved
in gingerbread-x86, by introducing
the faketsd daemon developed by 0xdroid.
(a daemon to simulate a touchscreen)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

ItsTobias

Feb 17, 2011, 4:42:21 AM2/17/11
to Android-x86
Ok, I will see if that works tonight,
BTW how did you edit the build.prop? the system folder is read-only
for me.

ItsTobias

Feb 17, 2011, 4:45:35 AM2/17/11
to Android-x86

On Feb 17, 1:33 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Thank you for the detailed reports.
>
> The only question is, are you able to see
> all apps in the Market?
> My Market only has very few apps,
> seems most are filtered.
I cant, but list apprently can.
I have used Market Enabler before as in the early days of Android on
the HD2 it was required to make the HD2 pretend it was another device
so that the market would find apps. It does work so, I do think that
plus the working Market apk will enable a lot more apps for use.

I realise we cant bundle Market with Android x86 but can we provide a
pack of Gapps to download for x86 legally as a seperate distribution?
Would be nice to enable market for other users of x86.

Rob

Feb 17, 2011, 8:43:19 AM2/17/11
to Android-x86
market enabler is not working for me, says it misses superuser ("It
looks like "su" is not available on your device"). Does it work for
anyone? Without I can't even find the dropbox apk in the market...

Mnauel bbasd

Feb 17, 2011, 9:06:36 AM2/17/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

To be "root" you only have to install android-x86 in an ext3 linux partition, and NOT in a NTFS. Then you will be root directly.

Best Regards
mabo

list

Feb 17, 2011, 9:08:10 AM2/17/11
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei Huang: I can see all apps, i am in the US so that might be
it, using the MarketEnabler might take care of no seeing all of the
apps.

Rob: I am including the Superuser APK in the pack of working apps that
I am using.

ItsTobias: I have AndroidX86 installed in read/write mode, but you
should be able to re mount the drive like this using adb from another
coputer:

adb connect <ipaddress of device>
adb shell
su
mount (this is used to find which partition the /system file structer
is on mine looks like this:
/dev/sda1 /system ext3
rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0 tmpfs /cache
tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
)
mount -o remount,rw -t <file system type i.e ext3> <device location
i.e. /dev/sda1> /system

then chmod on the file you need then exit and exit again

I used http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2009/04/25/mounting-system-partition-in-read-write-mode-in-android/
as a guide.

I have uploaded all of the Gapps APKS here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/APKs.zip

Install them in the /system/app folder which must be read/write
I used adb to push them to my decive:

From Windows or Linux(not tested on Linux)
adb connect <ipaddress of device>
adb push <path to apk> /system/app

Please let me know if they work for you or not.
> > > Android-x86 projecthttp://www.android-x86.org- Hide quoted text -

Rob

Feb 17, 2011, 4:37:28 PM2/17/11
to Android-x86
market is now working and I can see all apps, but everytime I try to
download I get a "Download of ... was unsuccesful" message :(
any suggestions?
Installing apps manually works but is really complicated...

On 17 Feb., 15:08, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chih-Wei Huang: I can see all apps, i am in the US so that might be
> it, using the MarketEnabler might take care of no seeing all of the
> apps.
>
> Rob: I am including the Superuser APK in the pack of working apps that
> I am using.
>
> ItsTobias: I have AndroidX86 installed in read/write mode, but you
> should be able to re mount the drive like this using adb from another
> coputer:
>
> adb connect <ipaddress of device>
> adb shell
> su
> mount (this is used to find which partition the /system file structer
> is on mine looks like this:
> /dev/sda1 /system ext3
> rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0 tmpfs /cache
> tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
> )
> mount -o remount,rw -t <file system type i.e ext3> <device location
> i.e. /dev/sda1> /system
>
> then chmod on the file you need then exit and exit again
>
> I usedhttp://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2009/04/25/mounting-system-partitio...

list

Feb 17, 2011, 4:48:13 PM2/17/11
to Android-x86
Rob,

Not sure as I can only use the https://market.android.com/ becuase my
device ins't a touch device. I would try through the Web Market and
see if that works, I know it is a odd work around. But that does work
for me. I can download andything that is compatible with my device,
but some apps have ARM code so I get a failed install. Also have you
tried the market Fix? not sure if that will help either.

Rob

Feb 17, 2011, 5:01:41 PM2/17/11
to Android-x86
When I try using the web market it only shows up my phone but not my
netbook. I can use the market apk because I have a touchscreen, but I
can download anything. I also tried the market fix.
Edit: First time I got force closes with the market app from the
viewsonic-thread so I took the one from my phone, now I changed back,
I don't get force closes and finally I can install apps through the
market!
Great, thanks a lot!

On 17 Feb., 22:48, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Not sure as I can only use thehttps://market.android.com/becuase my

list

Feb 17, 2011, 7:15:13 PM2/17/11
to Android-x86
Rob

Glad to hear that you got it working.

ItsTobias

Feb 18, 2011, 12:45:56 PM2/18/11
to Android-x86
Hey, I do have it all working now on an installed version of android
x86.
However the market only lists a really poor selection of apps (working
on finding a way to fake a device name in the market so that it can
install apps associated with other devices, does anyone know if this
is possible or is it detecting something about the phone/device that
makes it incompatible with the apps that are not listed.
I know in the early days of HD2 Android, that was pretending to be a
desire so that it could view apps on the market.

However youtube still does not work, it runs and allows full browsing
but will not play videos, Im asuming this is a flash based problem, or
maybe a video codec problem?(Youtube uses a mix of WebM and h.264 for
its non flash based videos.)

I will start testing more apps this evening.
BBC News doesnt work :( install fails.
Priority Apps for me are:
Skype
Smarter Alarm
Firefox
TinyShark
RAC Traffic

I am Interested in finding a way for my Viewpad to use the GPS on My
HD2.
I realise this is quite an insanely specific requirement and therefore
its unlikely anyone has developed (an app for that?!) for this
situation.
If I cant find anything reasonable I am willing to try and get my
hands dirty and start developing for Android. I haven't developed for
android yet, (I am a web developer but I have dabbled in other mobile
development previously for windows mobile)
I think probably picking up the GPS signal and broadcasting it over
wifi, bluetooth or via usb even would not be that difficult however on
the viewpad side I dont think an app would work for turning that
signal back into a GPS feed for use in navigation and such like? I
think it might require a fake gps driver? which might make the project
infinitely harder.

However It would be nice If this was possible.

list

Feb 18, 2011, 12:56:22 PM2/18/11
to Android-x86
ItsTobias,

I belive adding the follwing to your build.prop will fake the device,
as it gives it the fingerprint that the market sources to load the
applications:

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
75603:user/release-keys
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google

have you tried to edit your build.prop to add them?

Arobase40

Feb 20, 2011, 1:23:46 AM2/20/11
to Android-x86
Anyone got a PDF Reader working on Android-x86 builds whichevever you
used ?

As I already mentionned on another post I could not find anyone
working at the moment, and this seems to be confirmed again.

An old Aldiko version which did not handle PDF files was working since
now, I tried to upgrade it to v2 which does handle PDF files and again
it just crashed Android doing a soft reset ???

Why and how could a PDF reader be so dependant on arm hardware ? Or is
there a problem in the librairies ?

Rob

Feb 20, 2011, 7:06:27 AM2/20/11
to Android-x86
I'm using android pdf viewer, this one works. Also you can look into
this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928832

the office-viewer is working as well!
Greetings rob

Arobase40

Feb 22, 2011, 6:44:54 AM2/22/11
to Android-x86
I just forgot : much thanks to you Rob !!!

Arobase40

Feb 22, 2011, 6:43:40 AM2/22/11
to Android-x86
Ok fine, I will test it.

PDF reader is a very important application for me. :D

ItsTobias

Feb 22, 2011, 8:15:22 AM2/22/11
to Android-x86
Funnily enough, I had come to a very similar conclusion to you, no PDF
viewers were running for me however its nice to see that one is
working at least.

Also to update I have a working version of Skype ( at least for chats,
not working for calls yet)
BBC News Tablet Edition works but the the images are not scaled
correctly

I have a Working version of Youtube! with High quality video.
ADW Launcher works well, Its a nice launcher, I need to talk to auther
about redistibution and ways for non market users to upgrade to the
paid version of this software, Its very nice on a tablet :D

I installed over 300 apps last night in a batch install operation, I
have quite a few more apps ready to be tested (I like to play with
automated scripts;) ).

Arobase40

Feb 22, 2011, 4:05:47 PM2/22/11
to Android-x86
He he he

I was told that android applications were mostly agnostic, and this is
the proof this is not quite the truth... ^^

> plus de détails »

Rob

Feb 23, 2011, 5:09:47 AM2/23/11
to Android-x86
you're welcome. :)
I really do like the office programm, as it's tablet optimized and you
can not only view word, excel, powerpoint and pdf documents, but you
can also create new (but with only few features, like text alignment,
size and font, insert images, but the excel sheet creator lets you use
a lot of formulas)! Also I'm using the keyboard from the thread I
mentioned, it's also more tablet friendly and also has arrow keys,
lets you see half of the screen in landscape mode (other keyboards
only give you an input field but hide the rest of the screen) what is
really handy when using a messanger or writing a document. The
negative point is that it only has american layout, you can't change
to german for example, which makes it impossible to use umlauts like ä
or the german ß (sharp s)... maybe someone could find out if its
possible to edit the layout?

> read more »

kfpan

Feb 26, 2011, 8:03:47 PM2/26/11
to Android-x86
Nice. I am trying.

But after signing in to Google, I am stuck at the SetupWizard screen -
"Slide keyboard back to continue". How do I pass this step?

Thanks,
Ron

On Feb 16, 6:31 am, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> can usehttps://market.android.comthere are some apps that work and
> some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> ARM specific code.
>
> I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> my Windows7 computer.
>
> to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> Add:
> ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> 75603:user/release-keys
> ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google

list

Feb 26, 2011, 9:31:02 PM2/26/11
to Android-x86
Kfpan,

you can click the top left corner of the screen and then top right,
then bottom right then bottom left and it should close. you can look
at this website: http://phandroid.com/2010/07/12/bypass-the-android-setup-tutorial/

On Feb 26, 8:03 pm, kfpan <ronaldthepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice. I am trying.
>
> But after signing in to Google, I am stuck at the SetupWizard screen -
> "Slide keyboard back to continue". How do I pass this step?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
>
> On Feb 16, 6:31 am, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > All,
>
> > I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> > market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> > can usehttps://market.android.comthereare some apps that work and
> > some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> > serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> > ARM specific code.
>
> > I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> >http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> > there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> > with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> > my Windows7 computer.
>
> > to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> > as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> > you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> > You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> > I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> > change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> > Add:
> > ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> > 75603:user/release-keys
> > ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
>
> > Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
> > Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
> > If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
> > google account and it should send that to the market place.
>
> > if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
> > Fix which can be found here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044itis Step 6
> > Everything is workign except the WACOM Tablet.- Hide quoted text -

Shawn Winnie

Feb 26, 2011, 10:45:27 PM2/26/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

unsubscribe

kfpan

Feb 27, 2011, 1:33:40 AM2/27/11
to Android-x86
Thanks. Now I can bypass the setup. Then I see the Market app
installed. I click on it. and the market app immediately crashes.

I have made the change in build.prop. Did I miss anything else?

Ron

On Feb 26, 6:31 pm, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kfpan,
>
> you can click the top left corner of the screen and then top right,
> then bottom right then bottom left and it should close. you can look
> at this website:http://phandroid.com/2010/07/12/bypass-the-android-setup-tutorial/
>
> On Feb 26, 8:03 pm, kfpan <ronaldthepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Nice. I am trying.
>
> > But after signing in to Google, I am stuck at the SetupWizard screen -
> > "Slide keyboard back to continue". How do I pass this step?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Ron
>
> > On Feb 16, 6:31 am, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > All,
>
> > > I have full access to the Android Market, although I can't open the
> > > market app on myToshiba M200 becuase it doesn't have a touch screen I
> > > can usehttps://market.android.comtherearesome apps that work and
> > > some that don't again because i don't have GPS, a Touchdevice(it is a
> > > serial WACOM tablet) or other hardware that the app needs or it has
> > > ARM specific code.
>
> > > I followed the steps in this forum:
>
> > >http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209
>
> > > there are a few things that I did diffrenlty, as i am Already root
> > > with a read write file system I didn't have to use anything but adb on
> > > my Windows7 computer.
>
> > > to get the ADB utility download and install the Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
> > > as well as the Google USB Driver
>
> > > you must install all of the SDK componets.
>
> > > You shouldn't have to run the APK's from insdie of Android
>
> > > I also modified my /system/build.prop as follows:
>
> > > change all "test-keys" to "release-keys"
>
> > > Add:
> > > ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83D/
> > > 75603:user/release-keys
> > > ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
>
> > > Upon reboot you should be asked to "Setup your Android Device"
> > > Wait for Wifi to Connect and then setup your device
> > > If you can't continue you should beable to login to Gtalk with your
> > > google account and it should send that to the market place.
>
> > > if the Market App doesn't open and Force Quits, you can try the market
> > > Fix which can be found here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044itisStep 6

list

Feb 27, 2011, 12:11:17 PM2/27/11
to Android-x86
Kfpan,

the market is a touch only app, you might have to use the https://market.android.com
as I have to. If that doesn't work i am not sure what else to try, as
what is here is what has worked for me.

On Feb 27, 1:33 am, kfpan <ronaldthepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Now I can bypass the setup. Then I see the Market app
> installed. I click on it. and the market app immediately crashes.
>
> I have made the change in build.prop. Did I miss anything else?
>
> Ron
>
> On Feb 26, 6:31 pm, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Kfpan,
>
> > you can click the top left corner of the screen and then top right,
> > then bottom right then bottom left and it should close. you can look
> > at this website:http://phandroid.com/2010/07/12/bypass-the-android-setup-tutorial/
>
> > On Feb 26, 8:03 pm, kfpan <ronaldthepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Nice. I am trying.
>
> > > But after signing in to Google, I am stuck at the SetupWizard screen -
> > > "Slide keyboard back to continue". How do I pass this step?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ron

olujicz

Feb 28, 2011, 5:15:25 AM2/28/11
to Android-x86
I have had success with the Android market over Appbrain. Appbrain +
Android market from this thread works just fine with me.

On 27 феб, 18:11, list <slist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kfpan,
>
> the market is a touch only app, you might have to use thehttps://market.android.com

Boozley

Apr 9, 2011, 4:06:38 AM4/9/11
to Android-x86
Sorry to bring up an old thread but i just can't seem to get this
working.
I've tried numerous builds and methods but after I have moved
thew .apks to the /system/app folder they dont show up in the menu.
I've tried using adb and using dropbox to download the apps and root
explorer to transfer them to the /system/app folder. Should that way
work?
I've also tried going into the \system\app folder and running
the .apks but they won't install. (Gmail will install but wont run)
I have tried the latest nightly builds and the stable release of
Sparta on my dell inspiron duo. I have Android installed on an ext-3
partition with read/write enabled.
Can anybody help me? or is there a step that i am missing?
Thanks
Chris

STARKADD3R

Apr 9, 2011, 6:22:19 AM4/9/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
update: got an error sending the zipfile > 4mb ... so if you have a place to upload the zip file let me know :-)

hey boozley,

on my acer 1825ptz i got everything working: gmail, android market, googlemaps and even googletalk ... just install the all apps in the zip file(begin with with the frameworkstuff all apps after this) ... for me it works great ... hope it will also work for you :-)

greetings ...

Juest

May 21, 2011, 1:05:03 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
hi there

i just got android x86, but no market bundled?? also, no g apps :(
also i hate the unofficial market soo crap
whatever, i just needing g apps and market, also MarketUpdater

i got this running in vbox is sdk based
wow, it really haves a lot of ringtones :D

ps: posting here because of market

Greets

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 2:24:24 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think there is big difference between acer 1825 users and us
EeePC/Generic users!

The Acer-built works as i've read here: http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/?p=383
BUt it won't work wit eeepc and generic, no idea why!

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 3:40:09 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
The difference is just because I created it ! LOL
;-)

On 21 mai, 08:24, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think there is  big difference between acer 1825 users and us
> EeePC/Generic users!
>
> The Acer-built works as i've read here:http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/?p=383
> BUt it won't work wit eeepc and generic, no idea why!

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 3:41:53 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
So what's different between your build and the generic/nightly from moonman that gapps work on it?

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 6:33:09 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
For real, I have no idea... ^^ ;-)

Some assumptions ?

- My builds were created with the "old" version, not the lattest
FRG83G ?

- I did not enable SQUASHFS (forgot if I did or not) ?

- Or simply because of the procedure to install it, described in
www.ceh-photo.de blog ?

I'm still working with the old version due to the buggy MESA driver
for non Intel based gfx Chipset. May work with Radeon chipset, but I
did not test yet, as it's a hell damn work to mix cyanogenmod and
android-x86 source code.

They don't share the same structure nor the same libraries... ^^ :(

On 21 mai, 09:41, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So what's different between your build and the generic/nightly from moonman that gapps work on it?

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 6:35:45 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's definitive not the method of Chrsitian, i did it 100% the same way and it won't work with generic or eee just with the builf of yours - and that don't work with my 1005P ;-)

Would be great if we could figure out what you did, because the gapps would be really nice, specially Google Docs ;-)

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 8:09:16 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
I don't understand what you are trying to explain ???

I don't even know who Chrsitian is is and what he did... ^^

My build was created and configured to work with i965C based chipset
and specifically for the Acer Aspire Laptops, so it MAY NOT properly
work with 1005P Netbook, or any Atom based Netbooks.

I mistype in my previous answer as FRG83G build is only compatible
with Intel Atom based gfx Card, or may be Radeon chipset !!!

The definition files for my build are freely available and were
published in this group. There were downloaded by about 10 persons but
no one did even write me about them.
So I don't even know what they did with these files... ^^

You can download them, test them and tell me if it makes difference
with the generic or eeepc target or any other targets ! ^^ ;-)

The binary files were downloaded about 433 time simply from
RapidShare, not considering the numbers from outside this web site as
some Blogs or other web sites are also hosting them. ^^

I got some feed backs about persons using my build as a productive OS
as a daily basis even if I told them NOT to do so. So I guess they
consider it useable enough for this purpose, specially since they can
use the Android Market and the google apps... ;-)

On 21 mai, 12:35, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It's definitive not the method of Chrsitian, i did it 100% the same way and it won't work with generic or eee just with the builf of yours - and that don't work with my 1005P ;-)
>
> Would be great if we could figure out what you did, because the gapps would be really nice, specially Google Docs ;-)
>
> "Arobase40" <arobas...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>

> >For real, I have no idea... ^^ ;-)
>
> >Some assumptions ?
>
> >- My builds were created with the "old" version, not the lattest
> >FRG83G ?
>
> >- I did not enable SQUASHFS (forgot if I did or not) ?
>
> >- Or simply because of the procedure to install it, described in
> >www.ceh-photo.deblog ?

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 8:10:33 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's all in the link i posted earlier ;-)

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 8:14:09 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
Do you mean www.ceh-photo.de ???

On 21 mai, 14:10, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It's all in the link i posted earlier ;-)

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 8:15:02 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 8:28:07 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
So why do you say "It's definitive not the method of Chrsitian" ???

BTW, he is Christopher and not Christian... ;-)

And he is using my build and he told me he is one of the users to use
it as a daily basis. ;-)

You now have all the materials to found out the answer to your
problem. :-D

On 21 mai, 14:15, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes
>
> "Arobase40" <arobas...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>

> >Do you meanwww.ceh-photo.de???

Cyberfux

May 21, 2011, 8:29:37 AM5/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok i mixed up the names, blame it to the beer ;-) Sure it's YOUR built, but i was hoping to figure out why it worked with that built and not the generic/eeepc

Arobase40

May 21, 2011, 8:45:52 AM5/21/11
to Android-x86
One think I was thinking about is that your 1005P Netbook is not a
touch device. ^^

This may be your problem and you'll have to "touch" the properties of
this Netbook and to fake Android apps to let them think your device
has touch capability.

;-)

On 21 mai, 14:29, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok i mixed up the names, blame it to the beer ;-) Sure it's YOUR built, but i was hoping to figure out why it worked with that built and not the generic/eeepc

sknobl

May 21, 2011, 5:23:04 PM5/21/11
to Android-x86
In fact the absence of a tuchscreen is a problem, I'm using one build
(with downgraded mesa) - and gmail and the google market are working
on my all in one machine with touch but don't work on my Aspire One
without touch. But the apps sho up on both and syncing of calendar and
contacts works on both dvices, too. So the problem may be caused
elsewhere.

So far,
Stefan

Juest

May 21, 2011, 8:24:26 PM5/21/11
to Android-x86
i got gapps apks package from http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/?p=383
first: setup wizard keeps fc until i deleted apk google signin dosen't
work, it just gapps fc
how do i get recovery mode in androidx86?
i am running 2.2 generic is there a good file editor in the x86
market? FE dosen't have a file editor, just a viewer. soo bad
any ideas????
got the build in a vbox

Cyberfux

May 22, 2011, 2:33:59 AM5/22/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As i wrote in the comments to that blogpost - and as we figured out in this discussion *g* - it will ONLY work with the acer built.

Juest

May 24, 2011, 10:13:43 PM5/24/11
to Android-x86
welll, i got SetupWizard.apk working, but how do i get past there? i
click the android and it happens nothing, in logcat says that's it
can't continue because GLC/S (or similiar) is cleaning old sync
accounts
i am stuck there
also, most apps just say app not installed...
why there's HTC apps?
first time really was a success but later i got corrupted everywere so
i install manually

On May 22, 3:33 am, Cyberfux <cyber...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> As i wrote in the comments to that blogpost - and as we figured out in this discussion *g* - it will ONLY work with the acer built.
>
> "Juest" <niquito.larig...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>

> >i got gapps apks package fromhttp://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/?p=383
>
> read more »

Jesse Moore

Jan 15, 2012, 1:50:17 AM1/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i know this is an old thread but i thought i would help out anyone trying to do this....

there is a very simple way to get around the keyboard screen where it says to open or close the keyboard...
when doing the initial setup after reboot skip adding your account and do everything else
afterward just goto settings ---> accounts and sync  and click add then google

you can use the regular vKeyboard to type now no sliding open or closed :) enjoy!
btw on most PC's not laptops.. the market fix is required for this to work

Jesse
Logix2200