This is it, the B day has arrived !

BogDan Vatra

Oct 23, 2012, 2:35:13 PM10/23/12
to android-qt, Necessitas
Hello folks,

The "B" stands for "beta". This is the day I’m waiting for almost
three years, this is the day when we start to guarantee Qt’s ABI/API.
Even if is unusual, today we'are not going to ship any new release, we
just make the promise that any application compiled with alpha4 we'll
run on any new releases. We'll ship a new release by the end of this
year.

Yes, I know that I should announce it a few days ago, but I wanted
to write a few docs before the announce , here
http://community.kde.org/Necessitas/FAQ and
http://community.kde.org/Necessitas/JNI you can find the first docs,
I'll try to write more docs in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
BogDan.

Adam Pigg

Oct 23, 2012, 2:44:05 PM10/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for the FAQ

if you'd lke, i can add a link to my sound playing classes that use OpneSLES for Qt/QML?

could you also add an entry on using QDir with the assets:/ filesystem, i still cant get the contents of a directory to be read from C++, eg:

QDir base("assets:/qml/game/levels/")
Which contains a subdirectly, but base.entryInfoList() is empty and base.count() is 0.

Thanks for making Qt on android possible :)

Pritpal Bedi

Oct 23, 2012, 3:12:11 PM10/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
Thank you BogDan.

This is indeed a moment to cheer.

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts

Ray Chan

Oct 23, 2012, 10:07:49 PM10/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!
You and the team in Necessitas make my dream come true!

Regards,
Ray Chan

BogDan Vatra <taipan...@gmail.com>编写:

Nalin Savara

Oct 23, 2012, 10:12:40 PM10/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
congrats!!!
good work folks!!!
-Nalin

Mohan Rajanna

Oct 23, 2012, 11:30:01 PM10/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot BogDan for putting your efforts to make this happen.
How can I contribute for porting Qt5 beta into Necessitas ?
Cheers
Mohan

BogDan Vatra

Oct 24, 2012, 3:08:07 AM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

2012/10/23 Adam Pigg <pig...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the FAQ
>
> if you'd lke, i can add a link to my sound playing classes that use OpneSLES
> for Qt/QML?

Sure, please create a new wiki page and link it !

> could you also add an entry on using QDir with the assets:/ filesystem, i
> still cant get the contents of a directory to be read from C++, eg:
>
> QDir base("assets:/qml/game/levels/")
> Which contains a subdirectly, but base.entryInfoList() is empty and
> base.count() is 0.

Sadly, it is a problem with android assets implementation, there is no
way to list the folders.
I sent a patch to Google long time ago to fix this problem, but sadly
it was not accepted.
We ca fix this problem by using some non-public Android API, but ...
it may be a problem
because Google breaks the API/ABI compatibility with every new
release, so Qt libs will
not work on new android releases without recompilation.

> Thanks for making Qt on android possible :)

BogDan.

BogDan Vatra

Oct 24, 2012, 3:10:55 AM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I already started the port, but as I said Qt5 is not in my top
priority list, if you have time maybe you can help us by trying to fix
the existing bugs and make Qt 4.x rock-solid on Android ;-)

Cheers,
BogDan.

UniversE

Oct 24, 2012, 5:23:37 AM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
Thank you very much, BogDan.

It's wonderful XD

nik_02

Oct 24, 2012, 11:57:58 AM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks BogDan.

SUPERB

Great news

Nicola De Filippo

Oct 24, 2012, 1:34:46 PM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
congratulations!!! Where is beta download? i not found it

Mohcine BOUKSIM

Oct 24, 2012, 1:43:13 PM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks BogDan , Great work

Adam Pigg

Oct 24, 2012, 3:01:07 PM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Bogdan

In the case of listing directory contents, a way around that would be to copy files to the SD card?  is that easy?  Do you have an example of how to do that?

Thanks

Sivan Greenberg

Oct 24, 2012, 3:05:46 PM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
All I can say, this is pretty amazing project, I wish I could come to
Berlin to hear your talk although I know well how to work the SDK by
now..

Va multumim pentru munca grea!

-Sivan
--
-Sivan

Adam Pigg

Oct 24, 2012, 3:09:11 PM10/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Bogdan, All..

Ive created the page:

and linked to it from the FAQ, hope thats Ok?

Adam

Mohan_qt_developer

Oct 25, 2012, 2:07:35 AM10/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bogdan,

Ok. I would like to contribute in porting qtwebkit websocket protocol support of Qt5 Beta to Necessitas SDK. How can I do this, please provide the inputs.

Regards
Mohan

黄雄毅

Oct 25, 2012, 8:48:03 PM10/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
Thanks a lot,BogDan
Necessitas have a great future!

在 2012年10月24日星期三UTC+8上午2时35分15秒,BogDan写道:

Subbarayan Ganesan

Oct 26, 2012, 2:56:42 AM10/26/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
Hi BogDan,

Congrates and wishes for accelerated growth!.

Jean

Oct 29, 2012, 2:15:37 PM10/29/12
to android-qt
I want to submit a ticket but it seems this is not possible?
My problem is QCompleter only fires after the device is turned (for
landscape to portrait or vice versa).
It does not matter which completionmode is used, or if it is used with
a QLineEdit or a QCombobox.

Good luck with the beta.

BogDan Vatra

Oct 30, 2012, 3:15:10 PM10/30/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Check http://necessitas.kde.org/gethelp.php

BogDan.

Jacky Alciné

Nov 1, 2012, 7:29:11 AM11/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, ad...@piggz.co.uk
Hey piggz!

I thought your work was awesome, so I put it up as a Github repository so everyone can work on it collaboratively!

A simple git clone git://github.com/jalcine/necessitas-android-audio would clone the repository quickly!

Again, I have to say, I'm impressed with this project; I'd definitely be using it more often in the future.

Where is a bug list of things that can be fixed?

BogDan Vatra

Nov 1, 2012, 7:40:30 AM11/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Check our get involved page http://necessitas.kde.org/getinvolved.php for our opened bugs.

Cheers,
BogDan.

brijesh kumar

Nov 1, 2012, 5:47:54 PM11/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@BogDan
      hi, your post(link) really helped me in knowing about KDE , which i was trying to search from a pretty long time.
thanks :-)
brijesh kumar;

Mehmet Tukel

Nov 11, 2012, 12:28:48 PM11/11/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Necessitas
Thank you for your great work.
If a widget for placing adverts (AdMob or/and others) in apps is given, people will try and use Necessitas maybe more than you imagine. There are a lot of people who are not involved in Android because it somewhat requires Java. If you don't want to do this, please give me the necessary tools (codes in this case) and I will try to put some salt in the soup.

Thanks again.

Mehmet