NFC Smart poster and Tag reader

Ajith Kamath

Jan 14, 2011, 1:15:37 AM1/14/11
to android-d...@googlegroups.com, android-porting
Hi

Is it possible to have Android NFC device configured as both Smart poster and Tag reader?
Will Smart poster require separate h/w config?

Please advice

Regards,
Ajith

AJ

Jan 14, 2011, 5:51:08 PM1/14/11
to android-porting
Hello,

Please, define your objective. Firstly you need think about the
technology to contact your android and which android part do you wanna
use. There is a thing to think. Post your propose, what tech you are
thinking. Thus, with a more formed idea, can we help you more. Really I
´m wnat develop something about NFC, but I amnot having the enought
time do follow a project about.

enjoy n let´s go, community, make a form for your project.

praneeth juturu

Jan 14, 2011, 10:44:55 PM1/14/11
to muri...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hello All,

I guess Ajith wanted to use his NFC device (Nexus S -- for example) as a passive Tag.
He wanted to know how he can configure his NFC device to behave as a Tag Element so that other NFC device could read tag information from it (assuming it to be just a passive tag).

Am I right Ajith?

Regards
Praneeth

Ajith Kamath

Jan 16, 2011, 10:08:48 PM1/16/11
to pranee...@gmail.com, muri...@gmail.com, android-porting
yes thats correct.
NFc device req:
1.read tags from other devices/posters
2. behave as a tag so that other devices can read from my device.

Regards,
Ajith

murilo aj

Jan 18, 2011, 9:31:58 AM1/18/11
to Ajith Kamath, pranee...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hallo,

> 1.read tags from other devices/posters

I imagine that we are considering in this case a passive tag, whose
the reader(device) send a RF and get one answer, like a sonar. I
really don't know if a usual android has this technology. About it, I
think the android has a Wi-Fi Antenna, Bluetooth and, (I don't know if
it is deprecated) infrared. besides those, I think it will be
difficult.

> 2. behave as a tag so that other devices can read from my device.

Need define if it'll be an active or a passive NFC. I think active. If
use the tech above, its ok.

good luck

AJ

murilo aj

Jan 19, 2011, 5:21:57 AM1/19/11
to Ajith Kamath, pranee...@gmail.com, android-porting
hey guy,

Look at this link about NFC with Android 2.3.

http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/NFCDemo/index.html

Enjoy

AJ

Chinmay S

Jan 19, 2011, 5:39:04 AM1/19/11
to muri...@gmail.com, Ajith Kamath, pranee...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi All,

Here is some info which i have been able to gather on NFC so far.

Android platform has NFC support in the framework starting from Gingerbread.

Also Hardware support (NFC-chip & antenna) is required for this to work.
i.e. so far i know of only one mobile that supports NFC on Android-GB, that is Nexus-S.

The Demo Application NFCDEMO available on developer.android.com is a simple app
which can handle ONLY use-case1 (reading any passive tags within range).

Regards
CVS