Does Android 4.0 supports Bluetooth low energy in framework & kernel ?

Allen wang

Dec 8, 2011, 12:44:13 AM12/8/11
to android-platform
Does Android 4.0 supports Bluetooth low energy in framework & kernel ?

Jaikumar Ganesh

Dec 8, 2011, 5:48:07 PM12/8/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No. Though there are parts of LE implemented in Bluez verison in ICS. Its not supported yet.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Allen wang <wqyseu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does Android 4.0 supports Bluetooth low energy in framework & kernel ?

Pavan Savoy

Dec 8, 2011, 5:57:21 PM12/8/11
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Jaikumar Ganesh <jaik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No. Though there are parts of LE implemented in Bluez verison in ICS. Its
> not supported yet.

I guess the doubts are like traces of LE in the non-blueZ regions such
as /system/bluetooth/data - where the main.conf is picked up from -
has main.le.conf - some nonsmartphone.le.conf configuration....
and also some comments related to DID profile...

So where were this LE variants used ?
Also does it help to enable the LE in controller when creating new
products based on ICS ? As in any plans for it ?

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Allen wang <wqyseu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does Android 4.0 supports Bluetooth low energy in framework & kernel ?
>>
>> --
>>

> --

--Pavan Savoy

Allen wang

Dec 9, 2011, 2:30:47 AM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Could you tell me which parts about LE have been implemented in ICS ?