Bn and Bp monickers?

Joel Reymont

Oct 22, 2009, 8:11:45 AM10/22/09
to android-platform
What do "Bn*" and "Bp*" stand for in frameworks/base/include/utils/
IInterface.h ?

I understand that "B" is for binder but what about "n" and "p"?

It seems like "p" may stand for "remote" and "n" for "native" but I
would love a clarification.

Thanks, Joel

Dianne Hackborn

Oct 22, 2009, 3:34:19 PM10/22/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
"n" is native, that is the class you inherit from to implement the interface; "p" is proxy, that is the class that is created to perform interface calls through IPC.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.