How to Create SD Card in emulator

Sripati Misra

Jul 9, 2010, 8:01:16 AM7/9/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded Android OS and Configured with eclipse in Ubuntu PC.
Through terminal i opened emulator and ddms like,
cd /path/to/android/root
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch 1   # to build the emulator
make      # if you didn't already do this
emulator  # you should see a GUI picture of a phone

In another shell, start DDMS (the Dalvik debug manager):

cd /path/to/android/root
ddms      # you should get a splufty debugging console

But my problem is, I unable to create SDCard for that emulator. Please let me know How I create SDCard.
I need SDCard for Audio Recorder and Gallery.

So please anyone know regarding this let me know.

Thanks,
Sripati

SagarKadam

Jul 9, 2010, 8:22:20 AM7/9/10
to android-platform
Hi,

You can create a sdcard using the following command.

out/host/linux-x86/bin/mksdcard -l anylabel 10M sdcard.img

SDCARD image for Android emulator should have size > 8M

After that you can mount the sdcard image using

sudo mount -o loop sdcard.img tempdir

Enjoy--
Sagar Kadam

On Jul 9, 5:01 pm, Sripati Misra <sripati.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Android OS and Configured with eclipse in Ubuntu PC.
> Through terminal i opened emulator and ddms like,
> cd /path/to/android/root
> . build/envsetup.sh
> lunch 1   # to build the emulator
> make      # if you didn't already do this
> emulator  # you should see a GUI picture of a phone
>
> In another shell, start DDMS (the Dalvik debug manager):
>
> cd /path/to/android/root
> ddms      # you should get a splufty debugging console
>
> *But my problem is, I unable to create SDCard for that emulator. Please let
> me know How I create SDCard.
> I need SDCard for Audio Recorder and Gallery. *

Sripati Misra

Jul 9, 2010, 11:07:19 AM7/9/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sagar its working fine. Also this following link helped a lot

http://osdir.com/ml/AndroidDevelopers/2009-04/msg00861.html

Regards,
Sripati