Linking with libmedia.so

MartinB

Aug 18, 2009, 4:40:34 PM8/18/09
to android-ndk
Hi,

I've made a native library that uses the AudioTrack class located in
libmedia.so. Is there any reason why it should not work to load this
type of native library. I simply want my native library to access the
audio functionality of AudioTrack.

I get "Unable to dlopen(/data/lib/libmynative.so): Cannot find
library" when trying to load my native library.

I'm sure that libmynative.so is located in /data/lib and it loads just
fine when I remove the code that uses AudioTrack.

Is this some kind limitation of using native libraries?

/M

Dianne Hackborn

Aug 19, 2009, 12:59:31 PM8/19/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
libmedia is not part of the NDK.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Rohit Grover

Aug 19, 2009, 7:55:24 PM8/19/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Android's dynamic linker cannot resolve symbols across multiple .so's. The docs mention this.