Qt on Android

BogDan

Jan 22, 2010, 5:58:08 PM1/22/10
to android-ndk
Hi,

I started the port of Qt on android, I'd like to inform you about
current state:
Core, Network, Xml, Svg,Sql are in a good shape.

Currently I'm trying to fix the gui part below you'll find some
screens

http://blip.tv/file/3120929
http://blip.tv/file/3120940
http://blip.tv/file/3120955
http://blip.tv/file/3120967

The project is hosted on gitorious (http://qt.gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/
android-lighthouse).

Regards
BogDan.

Roderick Colenbrander

Jan 23, 2010, 4:58:25 AM1/23/10
to android-ndk
On Jan 22, 11:58 pm, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started the port of Qt on android, I'd like to inform you about
> current state:
> Core, Network, Xml, Svg,Sql are in a good shape.
>
> Currently I'm trying to fix the gui part below you'll find some
> screens
>
> http://blip.tv/file/3120929http://blip.tv/file/3120940http://blip.tv/file/3120955http://blip.tv/file/3120967

> The project is hosted on gitorious (http://qt.gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/
> android-lighthouse).
>
> Regards
> BogDan.

Cool project. At the moment you have to write native code in order to
use QT. It might also be interesting to get QT-jambi working, so that
people can also write Java code. It would make it easier to use other
android APIs without writing your own JNI bridges.

Roderick

BogDan

Jan 23, 2010, 5:35:19 AM1/23/10
to android-ndk
You don't need to write your own JNI bridges.
You can use qt as you use it on desktop.

Regards,

On Jan 23, 11:58 am, Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbir...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 22, 11:58 pm, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I started the port of Qt on android, I'd like to inform you about
> > current state:
> > Core, Network, Xml, Svg,Sql are in a good shape.
>
> > Currently I'm trying to fix the gui part below you'll find some
> > screens
>

> >http://blip.tv/file/3120929http://blip.tv/file/3120940http://blip.tv/...

lane guo

Jan 23, 2010, 4:53:17 AM1/23/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan,
I got your code and compiled.
But I found you custom the NDK, in the config using QT_USE_CUSTOM_NDK.
could you please open you custom change for NDK.

thanks!

--
Best regards,
  Lane

Yongchao Lao

Jan 23, 2010, 9:19:56 AM1/23/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I agree. I'm very interested in the project too.
--
Yours,
 fluke

BogDan

Jan 24, 2010, 3:08:01 AM1/24/10
to android-ndk
It's open, you cand download it from http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/

On Jan 23, 4:19 pm, Yongchao Lao <fluk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. I'm very interested in the project too.
>

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:53 PM, lane guo <lane....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi BogDan,
> > I got your code and compiled.
> > But I found you custom the NDK, in the config using QT_USE_CUSTOM_NDK.
> > could you please open you custom change for NDK.
>
> > thanks!
>
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Lane
>

> > 2010/1/23 BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com>

> > Hi,
>
> >> I started the port of Qt on android, I'd like to inform you about
> >> current state:
> >> Core, Network, Xml, Svg,Sql are in a good shape.
>
> >> Currently I'm trying to fix the gui part below you'll find some
> >> screens
>
> >>http://blip.tv/file/3120929
> >>http://blip.tv/file/3120940
> >>http://blip.tv/file/3120955
> >>http://blip.tv/file/3120967
>
> >> The project is hosted on gitorious (http://qt.gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/

> >> android-lighthouse<http://qt.gitorious.org/%7Etaipan/qt/%0Aandroid-lighthouse>

> >> ).
>
> >> Regards
> >> BogDan.
>
> >> --

> >> android-ndk...@googlegroups.com<android-ndk%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk?hl=en.
>
> > --

> > android-ndk...@googlegroups.com<android-ndk%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk?hl=en.
>
> --
> Yours,
> fluke

> fluk...@gmail.comhttp://algo-field.com

asierra01

Jan 25, 2010, 12:58:45 AM1/25/10
to android-ndk
At some point I will get the code and compile it.
Any open issues ? it is a core port or the whole QT-GUI will be
ported ?
Potential deadlines ?

I will be interested if C++ libraries like POCO also support
Android.
But Android JVM is not that bad I can live with that.

BogDan

Jan 26, 2010, 1:46:51 AM1/26/10
to android-ndk
I want to port the whole QT (maybe except webkik).
I create a support project on google (http://code.google.com/p/android-
lighthouse/) there you will find all open issues and tasks. I'll
appreciate any help ;-).

Sorry, no deadlines atm.

BogDan,

Passeli

Jan 26, 2010, 5:35:22 AM1/26/10
to android-ndk
Hello,

How can i run the examples on android emulator? I have compiled Qt
already.

Regards,
Pasi

On Jan 26, 8:46 am, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to port the whole QT (maybe except webkik).

> I create a support project on google (http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/) there you will find all open issues and tasks. I'll

BogDan

Jan 27, 2010, 3:23:04 AM1/27/10
to android-ndk
Hi,

I'll try to write a how to these days to http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse

Yours,
BogDan

asierra01

Feb 6, 2010, 2:17:18 PM2/6/10
to android-ndk

Well, I manage to compile QT 4.6.1 on WinMob and ran some of their
GUI samples, and I was not impress.
They have a qtGUI.dll that is like 9M.
I understand if you have a big Desktop app and you want to run it on
a PDA, you have no choice, but to use it.

I see the advantage of having the core ported, but the GUI ? I am not
impress as they look super solid on a Desktop app.
When you have a chance take a look at POCO for core functionality.

I some point I will download your port and compile it to see how it
looks.

BogDan

Feb 8, 2010, 3:06:55 PM2/8/10
to android-ndk
The core (witch includes QtCore, QtXml, QtNetwork, QtSvg, QtSql) is in
a very good shape.
Now I'm focus on QtGui and QtMultimedia. The GUI is compiling and
running well, it needs a good android like style and you (and I hope
not only you) will be very impressed. BTW I just finish the port of
QtScript module, now I'm very close to port Declarative UI (also
QtWebkit is compiling, but I didn't have time to test it).

Why I'll choose Qt GUI and not Android one?
1. The speed, Qt is more powerful and it's much more faster.
2. The features, just look at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtgui.html
.
3. Declarative UI.
4. The API is very robust and stable.
5. IMHO Qt is written in a superior language. I don't like java :P. I
think if you'll ask java about me it will give you the same answer :P.
(Ok here I'm jocking).
6. etc.

On Feb 6, 9:17 pm, asierra01 <asierr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I manage to compileQT4.6.1 on WinMob and ran some of their

Stefan

Feb 16, 2010, 5:55:41 PM2/16/10
to android-ndk
WOW, this sounds to good to be true :) I'll definately have to try
this, thanks!

On Feb 8, 9:06 pm, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The core (witch includes QtCore, QtXml, QtNetwork, QtSvg, QtSql) is in
> a very good shape.
> Now I'm focus on QtGui and QtMultimedia. The GUI is compiling and
> running well, it needs a good android like style and you (and I hope
> not only you) will be very impressed. BTW I just finish the port of
> QtScript module, now I'm very close to port Declarative UI (also
> QtWebkit is compiling, but I didn't have time to test it).
>
> Why I'll choose Qt GUI and not Android one?
> 1. The speed, Qt is more powerful and it's much more faster.

> 2. The features, just look athttp://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qtgui.html

BogDan

Feb 18, 2010, 2:08:03 AM2/18/10
to android-ndk
If you want to see more take a look here:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk/t/a6c097fbdd3acd22