how to enable logging (logcat) by default, during android boot

Deva R

Mar 12, 2010, 3:45:48 AM3/12/10
to android-porting, android...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to enable logging (logcat) by default, during android boot??
Tried to launch as service in init.rc, modifying loglevel - not seem
to work for me..
have you tried this?

Deva R

Apr 26, 2010, 10:58:19 AM4/26/10
to android-porting, android...@googlegroups.com
(update on this thread)

Thanks for Tony L for the suggestion..
it can be launched via init.rc as below..

service logcat /system/bin/logcat -f /dev/kmsg
oneshot

-Deva

dof...@gmail.com

May 27, 2010, 10:33:41 PM5/27/10
to Android Linux Kernel Development
On 4월26일, 오후11시58분, Deva R <r.deva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (update on this thread)
>
> Thanks for Tony L for the suggestion..
> it can be launched via init.rc as below..
>
> service logcat /system/bin/logcat -f /dev/kmsg
> oneshot

Is there other solution? This has print overhead,
so if music plays, music is broke in a moment.

Deva R

Oct 19, 2010, 1:31:53 PM10/19/10
to android...@googlegroups.com

>Is there other solution? This has print overhead,
this is printed via log thread asynchronously, which is running at lower priority., not like kernel side prints.
this will increase system load a bit, but definitely not at the cost of responsiveness other running threads.,

--
Regards,
Deva

naresh tanniru

Apr 19, 2013, 2:53:16 AM4/19/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
    you can try to add   "/system/bin/logcat & "  (as a background process) in any of the script files

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Nitin Mahajan <np.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Deva,

This doesn't work for me. You have any hints?

I tried putting this before and after Zygote start in init.rc.

regards
-Nitin

--
---