Memory Requirement

Anil

Jan 9, 2008, 11:25:13 PM1/9/08
to Android Internals
Hi,

What might be the bare minimum RAM required to run the
android SDK on an embedded platform?

Warm Regards,
Anil

kumare...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2008, 12:42:46 AM1/11/08
to Android Internals

On Jan 10, 9:25 am, Anil <anil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
what os you using what verson sdk

most of sdk can work min 128mb ram

Nanard

Jan 11, 2008, 5:31:03 AM1/11/08
to Android Internals
Another question about memory.

What memory can we expect on **real** gPhones ?
For application storage/data and for RAM (memory available when the
phone is running).

Anil Sasidharan

Jan 11, 2008, 9:38:08 AM1/11/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

           Thanks for the input. We are planning to deploy Android on one of our hardware platforms that has only 64MB RAM. We are not yet successful in getting Android working on our board in spite of following the instructions given in Benno's blog. We may be overlooking the memory requirement. Right now we are trying our luck with android_sdk_linux_m3-rc37a of SDK.

It would be really helpful if someone can comment on the resource requirement (RAM, FLASH etc.) to run Android on a real H/W. Also can I have my RootFS in NFS and still get this working?

Warm Regards,
Anil

hackbod

Jan 14, 2008, 1:34:13 AM1/14/08
to Android Internals
The platform will run with 64MB of RAM, and you'll probably want at
least 128MB of FLASH. If you are trying to run on a device with a
large display, however, 64MB of RAM may be a little tight, though it
is definitely enough for a QVGA display.