Intercepting an outgoing call - Looking for a hack

1 view

Asaf

Jan 14, 2008, 11:27:09 AM1/14/08
to Android Internals
Hi,

I'm trying to intercept an outgoing call and get its number. I have
two problems with it. I'm looking for ANY possible solution.

The first is that PhoneStateIntentReceiver.getPhoneState() returns an
enum which is undocumented and thus it is unclear what value (values?)
are relevant for an outgoing call, as opposed to an incoming one.

The second and worse problem is getting the phone number dialed.
Searching the forums and the entire 'net shows I'm not the only one in
dire need for a solution here.

Please advise,
Asaf.

londont

Jan 14, 2008, 1:35:06 PM1/14/08
to Android Internals
Joining this one.
I am looking for intercepting any outgoing phone call + the number
dialed when the "send" button is pressed.
Any googler with a solution to this one?

Tomer.

Dexter's Brain

Feb 25, 2008, 10:44:11 PM2/25/08
to Android Internals
And also, an Intent for the CALL END event...

Dexter.

Lance Mao

Feb 26, 2008, 2:36:31 AM2/26/08
to Android Internals
It seems that we should extends PhoneStateIntentReceiver, and override
it method: onReceiveIntent(Context context, Intent intent), the
second parameter will contain the information we need.
But this class is final.
Based on what I know, it might be wrong to has a final class which has
an onWhatSoEver method, since the method is intended to be overrided.