Re: basavaraju.rammohan@lntinfotech.com

Anil Sasidharan

Aug 11, 2008, 12:17:25 AM8/11/08
to roy basavaraju, android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

     I'm CC-ing this to the group as well as it may help someone else also :-)

     Please see my answers in-lined with your post

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:28 AM, roy basavaraju <rammo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anil,

  i got patch from raymond. but when i tried to patch it with my working kernel 2.6.26(which is omap2430 sdp compliant), it had undergone some patch errors & mainly it hasn't found omap24xxfb.c file to patch. i got this file from TI site & now i want to patch with this file.

I've never tried applying the kernel patch that I've received from Raymond onto 2.6.26 kernel. My experminets with Android on both OMAP2430 and OMAP3430 platforms were done with the following kernel versions:
(a) 2.6.22 -> OMAP2430 (b) 2.6.23 -> OMAP2430 (c) 2.6.24 -> OMAP3430

Therefore I may not be able to comment on the feasibility of applying those patches on top of 2.6.26 kernel (there might be a lot of API changes). The 2.6.24 kernel being supported by TI on Labrador board (OMAP3430 platform) does have the difference that you have pointed out. I guess from 2.6.24 onwards the "omap24xxfb.c" replaced with omap_fb.c for OMAP3430 platforms and omapfb_main.c for OMAP2430 platforms.

do i need to mount  procfs or just my kernel(2.6.26+omap2430sdp) with raymond patch + m5 sdk will bring android default apps onto omap2430sdp. please clarify do i need to do any kind of modification in m5-sdk.

Yes you have to supprt procfs, tmpfs and sysfs and these need to be mounted before your invoke Android.

Thanks a lot anil...

-RamMohan

Warm Regards,
Anil