Our submission: Labyrinth

1 view

Anders

Apr 19, 2008, 4:53:20 AM4/19/08
to Android Challenge
This is the Android version of the classic game Labyrinth where you
control a steel ball by tilting a wooden labyrinth. Labyrinth has over
370 levels and is controlled by the Android phone accelerometer with
high accuracy when real hardware can be used.

In the demo/video, we have used a MacBook Pro to utilize its
accelerometer to control the ball to better help to get a feeling of
what it would be like using a real device with an accelerometer.

Any comments are appreciated!

Anders

Apr 19, 2008, 4:54:29 AM4/19/08
to Android Challenge

Muthu Ramadoss

Apr 19, 2008, 5:09:21 AM4/19/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Simple, neat game. Great use of accelerometer. Good luck on your submission.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Anders <mof...@gmail.com> wrote:

Forgot the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEdIDXHLMOY

--
take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://mobeegal.in
find stuff closer.

luckydroid

Apr 19, 2008, 12:36:22 PM4/19/08
to Android Challenge
Nice job, Anders. I could totally get hooked on that!
-mac

Anders

Apr 20, 2008, 11:29:03 AM4/20/08
to Android Challenge
Thanks!

On Apr 19, 11:09 am, "Muthu Ramadoss" <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com>

Apr 20, 2008, 12:33:13 PM4/20/08
to Android Challenge
The MacBook has an accelerometer? I am not a Mac user but that's odd.

Nice game.

Anders

Apr 20, 2008, 2:53:45 PM4/20/08
to Android Challenge
Yup. I'm not sure why really, but I think they use it to detect that
in case you drop your computer, it shuts down the hard drive or at
least slows it down to minimize the chance of hd failure.

And thanks!

Hielko

Apr 20, 2008, 4:19:05 PM4/20/08
to Android Challenge
Yeah, it's indeed used to protect the harddrive, but you can of course
do other cool things with it

epta...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2008, 10:22:13 AM4/22/08
to Android Challenge
Heh, guess what. I was going to make exactly the same kind of a game.

And in top of that, I heard my friend was going to make one, too, but
he didn't have the time... :P

Anders

Apr 23, 2008, 4:48:13 PM4/23/08
to Android Challenge
But you didn't, right? ;) Why not? What did you do instead?