Why does the judging process ask for effective use of platform features that are not implemented?

tshephard

Apr 12, 2008, 11:52:07 AM4/12/08
to Android Challenge
Kinda late to be asking this, of course, but I'm just curious.

Don't people think this was a bit of a red flag?

Dan U.

Apr 12, 2008, 2:54:58 PM4/12/08
to Android Challenge
Personally, I just used undocumented features to achieve this,
although I'm sure there are features that don't exist (documented or
undocumented).

efon...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2008, 3:13:59 PM4/12/08
to Android Challenge
Not really. Their success depends partly on finding applications that
will differentiate the product in a crowded market place.
I read the question as, "Please simulate a user experience not
available on existing phones with existing software. We are looking
for applications that bring a new user experience. A different
experience that will cause customers to choose our handsets and
recommend them to others."

Being limited by speed of comprehension, I see not implemented
features as a chance to focus first on the user experience. Of course,
I have no idea if this entry will make it past the pre-screen as it is
mostly demonstration code assembled in a way that is remarkably
useful.

If the feature is not there, simulate it. That seems like the best
way to give the sponsors what they are seeking. Maybe this can help
them prioitize features.

Ed