JDK 5 or 6?

Tiago Vieira

Jul 2, 2010, 9:26:41 AM7/2/10
to Android Building
Hi

I was using Eclair and I synchronised my repository with the latest branch (Froyo) using "repo sync".

After selecting full_passion-userdebug and make, the message came with:

Checking build tools versions...
You are attempting to build with the incorrect version
of java.

Your version is: java version "1.5.0_21".
The correct version is: 1.6.

Please follow the machine setup instructions at

But the site says it is incompatible with 1.6:

" Java 6 is not supported, because of incompatibilities with @Override"

So, what's the correct one?
(And also, the site mentioned on the message above is incorrect...)

Regards,

Tiago

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jul 2, 2010, 10:18:12 AM7/2/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We've switched the master branch to 1.6. We haven't updated the site yet.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.