Building on Ubuntu 11.10.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 16, 2011, 11:05:33 AM11/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The only branch that is expected to build on Ubuntu 11.10 (or in fact
on anything newer than 10.04) is the master branch.

Any other branch can only be built on Ubuntu 10.04 (unless you go back
in time by several releases, to froyo or earlier).

Unless you're using Ubuntu 10.04, you should only be using the master
branch at the moment.

Future versions that are based on the current master will incorporate
the same fixes that are in master and are more likely to build on
11.10 (but that'll remain experimental as Google's internal
development remains based on 10.04, which is the current LTS).

Please don't report build problems with branches other than master on
Ubuntu 11.10. We can't go back in time and fix them.

Thanks,
JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Pete

Dec 22, 2011, 10:06:25 PM12/22/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Did the 4.0.3 code drop add support for 11.10?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 27, 2011, 12:06:00 PM12/27/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No. 10.04 is the only one that is fully supported. 11.10 is
experimental in the master branch.

JBQ