Building Ice Cream Sandwich for the Motorola Xoom

Thomas Bennett

Feb 14, 2012, 4:37:31 PM2/14/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I successfully built Ice Cream Sandwich for the Motorola Xoom (stingray), but ran into an issue with flashing the device. It seems like the baseband is not what's expected.

bash-3.2$ fastboot flashall
Bootloader Version...: 1050
Baseband Version.....: N_02.0F.00R
Serial Number........: XXXXXXXXXXX
checking product...
OKAY [ 0.830s]
checking version-bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.841s]
checking version-baseband...
FAILED

Device version-baseband is 'N_02.0F.00R'.
Update requires 'CDMA_N_03.1A.5CPS'.

finished. total time: 5.416s
Any idea how I can update the baseband to what's expected, or how to work around the issue?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 14, 2012, 4:40:09 PM2/14/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You can delete the relevant line in
device/moto/stingray/board-info.txt (and re-run make). That'll bypass
the version check.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Thomas Bennett

Feb 15, 2012, 1:46:25 PM2/15/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Seems to have worked! Thanks!

andria

May 22, 2012, 7:39:31 AM5/22/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just read your post and I would like to know the differences between stingray and wingray because on source.android.com only wingray is mentionned.

Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Queru

May 22, 2012, 10:59:09 AM5/22/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
stingray is the version for Verizon Wireless (both versions in fact,
the 3G-only one, and the 3G/4G one). wingray is the wifi-only US
version. stingray isn't supported in AOSP, wingray is (though with
limited functionality)

JBQ

Geofuzzy

May 25, 2012, 6:32:38 PM5/25/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
When you say limited functionality are you referring to the camera drivers missing?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

May 25, 2012, 6:58:36 PM5/25/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Mostly the camera, yes, but there might be some other more subtle ones
as well (sensors come to mind).

JBQ