torospr project

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 29, 2012, 3:08:44 PM3/29/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Some people have noticed the torospr project.

The files in there are loosely related to the Sprint version of Galaxy Nexus.

There is no plan to support this variant of Galaxy Nexus in AOSP, but
the project was created so that we have it in place in case the
situation changes.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Josh Avroch

Mar 29, 2012, 4:06:57 PM3/29/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I appreciate the response. I had a feeling that's what it was.

Brandon Bennett (nemith)

Apr 20, 2012, 4:26:40 PM4/20/12

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:08:44 PM UTC-6, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Some people have noticed the torospr project.

The files in there are loosely related to the Sprint version of Galaxy Nexus.

Are there any plans to release binaries required to compile in AOSP (despite it being "unsupported")

-Brandon

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 20, 2012, 4:50:09 PM4/20/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The situation for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is the same as for the
yakju** variants, where I don't have access to the binaries or to the
factory images.

To answer your question: there are no plans to release any binaries
related to torospr.

JBQ

Ryan West

May 27, 2012, 3:08:31 PM5/27/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Why does the Sprint version of the Galaxy have the Nexus branding if it isn't supported by AOSP? I was under the impression that was a prerequisite for Nexus devices.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

May 29, 2012, 10:44:16 AM5/29/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
From my point of view, there are 2 hard prerequisites that need to be
filled before I can even decide whether to call a device "supported":

-Unlocked or unlockable bootloader.
-Final software assembly done by Google.

JBQ

Kevin Kim

May 29, 2012, 10:44:56 AM5/29/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

If you haven't following it: it's not that they don't want to. Carolers simply don't let them

Kevin Kim

May 29, 2012, 10:45:36 AM5/29/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Carriers* damned typo