XP won't retain Folder Options "Details"

1 view

Travis

Jun 9, 2004, 12:58:15 PM6/9/04

I have set XP's Windows Explorer "View" option to "Details" and
gone to "Folder Options" to make this apply to all other folder
views.

I've done this at least eight times. The thing keeps returning to
"Tiles" or "Thumbnail" on its own. Most annoying.

Does anyone know a fix for this? I have Tweak ui but see no easy
work-around here as there was for turning off CD Auto-Insert.

Many thanks!

Travis

Diogenes

Jun 9, 2004, 1:12:59 PM6/9/04

Travis

Jun 9, 2004, 3:45:19 PM6/9/04
Many thanks!

I'll try the BagMRU <space> size.

Travis

PS: Didn't Diogenes once tell Alexander the Great that he was
standing in his light?

"Diogenes" <diog...@crete.org.net.com> wrote in message

Diogenes

Jun 9, 2004, 4:15:35 PM6/9/04
Travis wrote:
> Many thanks!
>
> I'll try the BagMRU <space> size.

Try the ones that delete the Bag and BagMRU Keys, then the ones that increase
the number of bags. (There are scripts to do that.)

Wayne

Jun 10, 2004, 12:16:23 AM6/10/04
"Diogenes" <diog...@crete.org.net.com> wrote in

I found the following fix on the web, but cannot remember the source.
Paste this into notepad and save it with a ".reg" extension. Double-
click on the new file and your problem is solved.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00001f40

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

--
Wayne in Phoenix

Big on natural foods?? 82.38% of people die of "natural" causes.

Travis

Jun 10, 2004, 10:16:41 AM6/10/04

Thanks, Wayne! I got some great feedback here.

Wayne

Jun 11, 2004, 12:52:25 AM6/11/04
"Travis" <travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net> wrote in news:FemdneUIpqbS8FXdRVn-
u...@comcast.com:

> Thanks, Wayne! I got some great feedback here.

You're very welcome! Glad I could be of some help.