R200 errors

minder

Oct 16, 2005, 6:53:52 AM10/16/05
R200 error has anyone come across this................

"parts inside your printer are past there life" ................ is this
just standard safety crap or is it knackered

and is it going to be expensive to repair or cheaper getting another

cheers

Sideshow Bob

Oct 16, 2005, 7:03:09 AM10/16/05
"minder" <minder.minder(removecrap)@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

usually means your inkpad / waste pad is full and the internal counter has
reached it's limit ... have a look on www.fixyourownprinter.com for the
epson service utility that allows you to reset the counter (ssrc I think
it's called) ... would advise to change the pad shortly too to avoid messy
desk. Have used on several epsons in the past after getting this message and
it sorts it out immediately... but I've usually sold the printer on a short
time after without changing the pad as I can't do with the hassle...

- SB

Paul Stewart

Oct 16, 2005, 7:14:02 AM10/16/05

> usually means your inkpad / waste pad is full and the internal counter has
> reached it's limit ... have a look on www.fixyourownprinter.com for the
> epson service utility that allows you to reset the counter (ssrc I think
> it's called) ... would advise to change the pad shortly too to avoid messy
> desk. Have used on several epsons in the past after getting this message
> and it sorts it out immediately... but I've usually sold the printer on a
> short time after without changing the pad as I can't do with the hassle...

also have this issue, would epson repair/reset/replace ink pad even though I
have used compatibles for most of its life?

fat bloke

Oct 16, 2005, 7:17:34 AM10/16/05
hi m8
the r 300 epson are a good price at present
had one for over 12 months brill ink replacement
very cheap if you cant sort your printer out
just a thought
steve
"Paul Stewart" <one...@noone.com> wrote in message

Hendy

Oct 16, 2005, 7:20:58 AM10/16/05
£68 in Asda now

minder

Oct 16, 2005, 7:26:58 AM10/16/05
buy me one then hendy

"Hendy" <mfw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> £68 in Asda now

minder

Oct 16, 2005, 8:14:07 AM10/16/05
If I was still drinnnnnkkkking Iddddddddddd bbbbbbuuuuuyyyyyy yoooou aaaa
ppppiiiiiinnnnnttttttt mmmm8

thank god for that, all sorted now, got loads of covers to print

cheers Sideshow Bob

"" <n...@home.com> wrote in message

Sideshow Bob

Oct 16, 2005, 9:08:12 AM10/16/05

"Paul Stewart" <one...@noone.com> wrote in message

Possibly.

I had mine in for repair after about 9 months (different problem) - well,
the epson chap actually came to the house... told me epson originals were
the best, even though there were 2 compats in the machine at the time... and
left me with a spanking new unit. No big issue about the carts...

Sideshow Bob

Oct 16, 2005, 9:09:30 AM10/16/05

> If I was still drinnnnnkkkking Iddddddddddd bbbbbbuuuuuyyyyyy yoooou
> aaaa
> ppppiiiiiinnnnnttttttt mmmm8
>
> thank god for that, all sorted now, got loads of covers to print
>
> cheers Sideshow Bob

happy to help - someone on here put me onto it a couple of years ago when I
first had the problem... another pint to him/her/it when you start drinking
agian :)

- SB

Message has been deleted

BuGGy

Oct 16, 2005, 3:58:52 PM10/16/05
been reading up on this as my r300 is a year old and wanna solve the problem
b4 it happens

found this on a forum .....

As Epson printer users will know, waste ink from head cleaning etc. is
channeled into absorbent
pads in the base of the printer.

Eventually these will fill up and need to be replaced, and some time before
they actually fill the
waste ink counter in the printer's firmware will signal an error and the
machine won't print any
more until the counter is reset.

This normally requires a trip to the service depot (if the printer's worth
the cost, and if it's realised
that this is the problem -- lots of otherwise good printers go to the dump
through this relatively
minor problem.)

The service depots have a program that can, among other things, reset this
counter (but of course
won't part with it -- there's money to be made, new pads to be sold...)

There's a third-party utility available that can do this (look for
sscserve.exe on the 'net -- carefully
read the documentation and use it with great care...), but at the same time
the pads need to be
changed, otherwise you risk ink pooling in the base, sometimes finding its
way out and making a
right mess.

Replacing the pads isn't for the faint-hearted, you have to virtually
dismantle the printer to reach
them.

Here's how to get around it -- the two pictures below are almost
self-explanatory:

On the left rear of these printers is a small trapdoor held by a single
screw.

Remove it, look inside (down and to your left) and you'll see the waste ink
tube.

The tube is free at one end, and with a suitably curved piece of wire you
can hook it and wangle the
end out through the opening (you may dislodge a small piece of plastic in
the process -- just put it
back where it was, it's only a vibration damper.)

At this point, you're almost there.

All you need now is a suitable container for the waste ink, and to file a
small slot in the trapdoor cover
so you can put it back without pinching the tube (or you could just lave it
off.)

The container in the photo is a small square one with a snap-on lid, approx.
60mm square and holding
about 150ml -- they're sold in sets of three for a few cents and are for
making ice-blocks etc. in your freezer.

Make a hole in the lid as shown (slightly larger than the tube to let air
escape) insert the tube and forget
about the internal pads forever.

(I've used a new machine for the photos, don't expect the tube in yours to
look so clean.)

LINKS FOR PICTURES ......

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7584/wasteink17jg.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8679/wasteink23bl.jpg

and after a few months use ...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5915/inkdrain0ce.jpg

Once this is fitted you will still get the error (guess it must be
calculated by the number of prints made and
head cleaning cycles it goes thru but instead of installing the sscserve.exe
program try the following ...

Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10
seconds, a message will
come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.

REMEMBER !!!!

the above will void your warranty and you do it at your own risk .......

BUG

john robertson

Oct 16, 2005, 5:56:08 PM10/16/05
hold down all 3 buttons on the top of the r200 for a few seconds when
switching on should sort things out. done it twice now no messing around
with ink pads or owt.

"BuGGy" <londo...@nochance.com> wrote in message

Mr.Muppster

Oct 17, 2005, 4:27:36 AM10/17/05
I use this Epson Stylus printer utility on my Epson to reset counters etc

http://tinyurl.com/ysgrb

Worth a look, its supports R200's etc

HTH

Mr.M