New LEON Integral R1 - A list of extras

Graham Lyth

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
Hi all,

Just been wandering around DVD Express and noticed that they now have a
front and back scan of the new R1 Leon Integral which is released on 15th
Aug.

For those who are interested, the 'Special Features' are clearly listed as:

Digitally Remastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
Widescreen Presentation
Production Notes
Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) & 2-Channel (Dolby Surround)
International Ad Campaign
Isolated Music Score
Theatrical Trailers
Talent Files
Interactive Menus
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Portugese
Scene Selections

Sound like it will be worth buying even for those (like me) who already own
the Japanese R2 - the most featureless disc ever.

Cheers,

Graham

--
Graham Lyth
email: graham AT lyth DOT co DOT uk

Aaron Walker

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
In article <3943D33D...@home.com>, Randy Chase <ran...@home.com> wrote:

> Graham Lyth wrote:
> >
> > "Perry Denton" <den...@ssd.comm.mot.com> wrote in message news:09P05.24171>
> >
> > > I just want to add that "Jap" is an unacceptable abbreviation
> > > for Japanese. After seeing it several times in this thread,
> > > I thought I'd make a mention of it. Type it out, please.
> >
> > With respect, why do you consider it to be unacceptable? It is simply a
> > shortening of the word, not one of the many deliberately derogatory
> > abbreviations which exist in this world.
> >
> > Would you consider 'Brit' to be an unacceptable abbreviation of 'British' or
> > 'Aus/Oz' to be an unacceptable abbreviation of 'Australian?' Shortening
> > 'Japanese' to 'Jap' is no different to my mind.
>
> It depends on your location. Here in the USA, the term Jap was and is a
> derogatory term. Being on a high volume international Japanese car list,
> I know it is quite common in the UK to refer to it as Jap and I believe
> that it is just a shortened term.
>
> Damn Brits. :-)
>
> Randy Chase

I don't think I would ever refer to a person as a Jap, but I might refer
to the Jap version as opposed to the US version. (I also wouldn't refer to
an American as a US.)

--
Aaron Walker
<http://www.visi.com/~lazlo/>

Randy Chase

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00

Aaron Walker wrote:

> > It depends on your location. Here in the USA, the term Jap was and is a
> > derogatory term. Being on a high volume international Japanese car list,
> > I know it is quite common in the UK to refer to it as Jap and I believe
> > that it is just a shortened term.
> >
> > Damn Brits. :-)
> >
> > Randy Chase
>
> I don't think I would ever refer to a person as a Jap, but I might refer
> to the Jap version as opposed to the US version. (I also wouldn't refer to
> an American as a US.)

I can guarantee that describing anything as a Jap version would be
considered offensive by many. A lot of people may not care, but that is
the way it is.

Randy Chase

Aerion

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
I'm a "Jap" (ok, half-Jap . . .), and I personally don't mind being
referred to as such by a "Brit", because AFAIK, it isn't meant to be
derogatory. Now, if I was called a "Jap" by a born in the USA
American, that would be an entirely different scenario. In that case,
I would just write off the individual as being a "cafone" (I love
Italian). And really, IDGAS . . . it's like . . . whatever. Here in
the USA, I think we're a bit overboard on this "politically correct"
thing. People that say stupid politically incorrect things get in
more trouble than "real criminals". Just look at John Rocker of the
Atlanta Braves baseball team. Wow! Stupidity seems to be a crime here
. . . :-)

Back to Leon Integral R1 . . . actually, I like the packaging of the
Jap version. I love all the Kanji characters and the little fold out
front cover insert. Nice pics. This version is kind of like a
collector's version in a way . . .

Cheers.

/S . . . just another of those half-Jap USAns (pronounced "oosenz").

> > I just want to add that "Jap" is an unacceptable abbreviation
> > for Japanese. After seeing it several times in this thread,
> > I thought I'd make a mention of it. Type it out, please.
>
> With respect, why do you consider it to be unacceptable? It is
simply a
> shortening of the word, not one of the many deliberately derogatory
> abbreviations which exist in this world.
>
> Would you consider 'Brit' to be an unacceptable abbreviation of
'British' or
> 'Aus/Oz' to be an unacceptable abbreviation of 'Australian?'
Shortening
> 'Japanese' to 'Jap' is no different to my mind.

Phat Phreddy

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
> I also wouldn't refer to an American as a US.

More like THEM....

PP

BubbCoop

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
<< I also wouldn't refer to an American as a US.>>

that's weird. my problem has always been that "U.S." citizens always assume
"Americans" to mean them when everyone from Canada to Argentina lives in
America.