Denon 3808ci streaming mp3 files off a network? Anyone?

Jeannot

Mar 25, 2009, 9:04:18 AM3/25/09
Just got my 3080ci.
I have about thousands of mp3 songs on my windows 2000 server.

All the solutions so far require XP or later. Anyone has managed to
make this work on a 2000 machine?

Thanks!

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 25, 2009, 9:28:42 PM3/25/09
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:04:18 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

Try Linux.

Jeannot

Mar 26, 2009, 12:07:46 AM3/26/09
>   Try Linux.

I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!

Could you provide links for me?

Thanks!

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 26, 2009, 3:46:43 AM3/26/09
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:07:46 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

>>   Try Linux.

Whatever "server" "solution" you are mouthing off about running only
under XP is NOT "running on your A/V Receiver" either, idiot.

You boot Knoppix or other live Linux distro CD or DVD and you operate
it as a media server. No windows required. Not that you pay for all
your operating systems on all your machines. It would probably be the
only legitimate machine in the house... except for the MP3s themselves,
of course.

You might rate "awesome" in your next life, at which time you *might*
possess a gram or two of common sense. Link that.

Jeannot

Mar 26, 2009, 10:56:31 AM3/26/09
On Mar 26, 3:46 am, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
<Zarathus...@thusspoke.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:07:46 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jean...@hawk.igs.net>

Hmmm, despite the fact that you missed my sarcasm about my A/V
receiver running Linux, I can still read between your insults and your
attacks your potential of bringing something positive to the
discussion.

So here's my question to you: Does this media server protocol (that
Media Player implements) have a name or an acronym? I could then
search around for such a media server service that runs under Windows
2000.

Please, feel free to accompany your answer with attacks and insults
again, we should all get something out of this.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks

Jeannot

Mar 26, 2009, 10:18:24 PM3/26/09
Okay, I found my answer.

Denon specifiy that the 3808ci needs a DLNA server. There are a few
around, I'll just find one and install it on my other PC.

For more information about the standard: http://www.dlna.org/about_us/about/

Finally, a warm thank you to StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, without
whom this would have been a very lonely post.
Beyond the topics you try to address and the people you insult, you
communicate to others who you are. The more you do it, the more likely
you are to find help. The universe converges towards order, you will
see.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 27, 2009, 12:43:41 AM3/27/09
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:56:31 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

>On Mar 26, 3:46 am, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It wasn't me 'missing your sarcasm'. You're the one that made the
remark. I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

MythTV

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mythtv&btnG=Google+Search&aq=1&oq=myth

Jeannot

Mar 27, 2009, 9:52:39 AM3/27/09

> I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

I'm male.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 27, 2009, 10:32:41 PM3/27/09
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:52:39 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

>> I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.
>
>I'm male.

Same remark!

Syndicate

Mar 28, 2009, 1:47:07 AM3/28/09

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt can shove it up your a.s.s and smell it.
Never seen someone act like a total dick from square one like you did.
Maybe its time for someone to kick your sorry a.s.s and knock you off
the ten foot f.u.c.k.i.n stool you put your self on. Jackass.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 28, 2009, 2:49:31 PM3/28/09

I am in San Diego, fucktard. Since you are too much of a pussy to
actually spell a word out, I am sure that you are too much of a pussy to
come find me and my stool, which I would only make you eat enough of to
kill you. Bwuahahahahahaha! P U S S Y! Bwuahahahahaha!

Jeannot

Mar 28, 2009, 5:09:16 PM3/28/09
On Mar 28, 2:49 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

<Zarathus...@thusspoke.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate

To anyone who read this thread, I apologize for having started it.

If you're not from this planet, I would ask that you would not bear a
blanket judgment on humans based on this post. Every human is
different, please be understanding. I bet you have beings on your
planet you'd rather not be associated with too. And yes, given our
diversity it's a miracle that we did not blow ourselves up so far. But
please bear with us. If you have a good tolerance for nuclear
radiation, this place will be up for grabs in a few of our years.

Jeannot

Mar 28, 2009, 5:09:42 PM3/28/09
On Mar 28, 2:49 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
<Zarathus...@thusspoke.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate

To anyone who read this thread, I apologize for having started it.

BlueBuyYoo

Mar 28, 2009, 5:28:25 PM3/28/09

No need to apologize. That's his SOP. Almost all threads in this
newsgroup are hijacked by the same dickhead kook using one of his giggly
nyms (AL, Bart, Buford, Mimzy, AnimalMagic, pipe, patriot, neanderthal,
secret, dark, roylfuchs, soothsayer, kraken, prong...et al) He takes
over, cusses everyone out, calls them retards and kills the thread.

Jeannot

Mar 28, 2009, 5:32:32 PM3/28/09
On Mar 28, 2:49 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
<Zarathus...@thusspoke.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:47:07 -0500, Syndicate

To anyone who read this thread, I apologize for having started it.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Mar 28, 2009, 6:11:43 PM3/28/09
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:09:16 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

> If you have a good tolerance for nuclear

>radiation, this place will be up for grabs in a few of our years.

Hopefully you'll be nearby enough to the first one that goes off.

FatBytestard

Mar 28, 2009, 6:19:31 PM3/28/09
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:28:25 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <blueb...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>kills the thread.

You're an idiot.

BlueBuyYoo

Mar 29, 2009, 12:09:37 AM3/29/09

Congrats! You managed to successfully kill another thread.

Jeannot

Mar 30, 2009, 3:05:04 PM3/30/09
I started a new thread with the solution. Please refer to:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/browse_thread/thread/af9258c9fa621d1f#

As to the human problems above, I'm convinced Darwin will take care of
them eventually.

Jeannot

Mar 30, 2009, 3:05:12 PM3/30/09

IAmTheSlime

Mar 30, 2009, 9:43:11 PM3/30/09
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

>I started a new thread with the solution. Please refer to:

Any dope that is posting through google is being taken care of by
Darwin already. You are such a dope. Hilarious.

IAmTheSlime

Mar 30, 2009, 9:43:46 PM3/30/09
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:05:12 -0700 (PDT), Jeannot <jea...@hawk.igs.net>
wrote:

>I started a new thread with the solution. Please refer to:

You're a double posting retard as well.