fangs

Nitehawk

May 28, 1993, 2:15:57 PM5/28/93

I heard of a woman who makes customized vampire fangs. She supposidly
lives somewhere in Oregon and makes it down to San Francisco for things
like Bay Con. I can't make it to Bay Con this year and I was wondering
if anyone knew how to get in touch with her or when she'll be back in
California after this.

M-
--
mga...@oboe.calpoly.edu
mga...@polyslo.calpoly.edu

The Great Grendel-Khan

May 28, 1993, 3:21:50 PM5/28/93
This whole fangs thing was a thread a few moths back. 6 or so. Someone
posted an address where fangs could be ordered. It was also (I believe) said
that an orthodontist (SP?) could set you up with a pair if you were willing to
pay.
--
The election results are in! Your new internet Presidents are:
jo...@iastate.edu <Umbra> & arg...@iastate.edu <The Great Grendel-Khan>.

Steve Hutchison

May 28, 1993, 3:42:03 PM5/28/93
mga...@trumpet.calpoly.edu (Nitehawk) writes:

>I heard of a woman who makes customized vampire fangs. She supposidly
>lives somewhere in Oregon and makes it down to San Francisco for things
>like Bay Con. I can't make it to Bay Con this year and I was wondering
>if anyone knew how to get in touch with her or when she'll be back in
>California after this.

No idea what her schedule is, but Tooth Fairy is in the process of
changing her address right now so when I know what the real info is,
I'll post it.

Inci-dental-ly (ooh ow) you ought to be able to find any number of people
who do teeth at just about any west coast sf convention.

However.

The best teeth so far are done by Tooth Fairy or by T'Sarvek. The
price should be around 30$ a pair. Leith does Teith but his are
more expensive, and I have a friend who had them break while drinking
an iced drink, so make sure you get a proper warrantee first.

(Tooth Fairy guarantees her teeth - one free repair or adjustment, and
some sliding scale for additional repairs when due to wear; if the
problem was clearly due to materials, she's generally good about not
caring.)

Hutch

Brian Moffet ext 7605

May 28, 1993, 5:43:24 PM5/28/93
hu...@ibeam.intel.com (Steve Hutchison) writes:
>No idea what her schedule is, but Tooth Fairy is in the process of
>changing her address right now so when I know what the real info is,
>I'll post it.

I had a set done by Tooth Fairy, what A bit over 3 years ago.
They've held up fine. I have had no problems with them.
I don't wear them very often and I took her advice on being careful
when drinking alcohol. Problem I have is I can't chew when I am wearing them,
so I have to suck on the M&M's :-)

brian
--
bri...@sco.com or uunet!sco!brianm Speaking for Myself

Jefferson P. Slack

May 28, 1993, 9:55:58 PM5/28/93
Nitehawk (mga...@trumpet.calpoly.edu) wrote:

: I heard of a woman who makes customized vampire fangs. She supposidly

I have a friend who goes by the name of Scaramouche who also makes fangs;
they are good quality, made out of fingernail-extension material, but will
dissolve in alcohol. My pair is over a year old, and needs some minor
repair, but otherwise are holding up just fine. She charges $25 for a pair
of uppers or lowers, and $40 for a pair of uppers and lowers. She's in San
Francisco (I believe) right now, on assignment, but she'll be back up in
the Moscow, Idaho, area about August or September, and should definitely
be at Moscon (I think she's running the masquerade). I could find out
other convention appearances for her if you're interested.

Jefferson P. Slack

Digital Druid

Jun 1, 1993, 2:33:42 AM6/1/93
In article <1993May28.1...@zeus.calpoly.edu> mga...@trumpet.calpoly.edu (Nitehawk) writes:

>I heard of a woman who makes customized vampire fangs. She supposidly
>lives somewhere in Oregon and makes it down to San Francisco for things
>like Bay Con. I can't make it to Bay Con this year and I was wondering
>if anyone knew how to get in touch with her or when she'll be back in
>California after this.
>
> mga...@oboe.calpoly.edu
> mga...@polyslo.calpoly.edu
> "It's good to be deliciously evil." -me

Hmmm...some of us don't really need to get fake fangs...we have natural
ones :)

--
digital.druid spherical therapy
cybe...@wam.umd.edu can heal us all

kenneth r lipka

Jun 1, 1993, 11:51:56 AM6/1/93

In article <1u6fre...@owl.csrv.uidaho.edu>, jsl...@crow.csrv.uidaho.edu (Jefferson P. Slack) writes:

> I have a friend who goes by the name of Scaramouche who also makes fangs;
> they are good quality, made out of fingernail-extension material, but will
> dissolve in alcohol. My pair is over a year old, and needs some minor
> repair, but otherwise are holding up just fine. She charges $25 for a pair
> of uppers or lowers, and $40 for a pair of uppers and lowers. She's in San
> Francisco (I believe) right now, on assignment, but she'll be back up in
> the Moscow, Idaho, area about August or September, and should definitely
> be at Moscon (I think she's running the masquerade). I could find out
> other convention appearances for her if you're interested.
>
> Jefferson P. Slack

This person was recently spotted at MediaWest Con 13 in Lansing, Mich.
over the Memorial Day Weekend.
"... I kill what I wish! I am strong. Strong! STRONG! My armor
is like tenfold shields; my teeth are like swords; my claws - spears! The
shock of my tail: a thunderbolt! My wings: a hurricane! And my
breath... DEATH!"

Steve Hutchison

Jun 1, 1993, 1:09:36 PM6/1/93
fer...@raven.engin.umich.edu (kenneth r lipka) writes:

>In article <1u6fre...@owl.csrv.uidaho.edu>, jsl...@crow.csrv.uidaho.edu (Jefferson P. Slack) writes:
>>
>> I have a friend who goes by the name of Scaramouche who also makes fangs;
>> they are good quality, made out of fingernail-extension material, but will
>> dissolve in alcohol.

Word of warning about fingernail-material fangs. They're natural enough
looking, but they're softer than normal teeth, and therefore more fragile.
If you can go to a dental supply store, and present any kind of business
ID, you can buy dental acrylic for about 10$ for an amount that can make
up at least 200 sets of teeth.

Do remember to read your dentists' bills, folks. They frequently overcharge
for the materials, when they should be charging for their skills instead.

Hutch

Jeff Kenward

Jun 2, 1993, 12:11:07 AM6/2/93
fer...@raven.engin.umich.edu (kenneth r lipka) writes:
:
: In article <1u6fre...@owl.csrv.uidaho.edu>, jsl...@crow.csrv.uidaho.edu (Jefferson P. Slack) writes:
: >
: > [ Lots of stuff about Scaramouche and her Fang making skills ]
: >
: > Jefferson P. Slack

: >
:
: This person was recently spotted at MediaWest Con 13 in Lansing, Mich.
: over the Memorial Day Weekend.
:

This is true. I had my fangs made at MediaWest Con 13 not days ago.
They are awesome, and functional...heh heh heh...

She does excellent work. I got a 'long and lethal' set of uppers and
lowers. She said that alcohol will soften them over time and to not
leave them sitting around in the sun too long because it will make them
brittle. She said 'treat them like little baby vampires'. ;)

Strahd
--
Do you crave power? Hate the living? Then don't be afraid of the Mists!
Come to Ravenloft! Your New Island Home!

Jeff Kenward: ken...@rocdec.roc.wayne.edu

david c birkhead

May 31, 1993, 1:16:04 PM5/31/93
If you need cheep fangs that can pass use friendly plastic. You can pick it
up at a costuming store.

The stuff is opaque white and very durrable. But when heated in very hot water
it becomes clear and clay like. It can be reformed any number of times. It
is also good for other things. I've used it for dry-wall repair to specialty
machine parts.

To keep them on you can use serface tension (really) or a spot of denture
stuff. Better use the denture stuff if you are going to be eating.

Another tip a friend of mine found is tea. Let them sit in tea for a while to
get a good color.

Note, you can work directly off of your teeth or from a mould. To get a mould, get a negative of your jaw. Cool it. Then pull a positive mould from the
negative. I found it much easier to work on a mould than my mouth.

Dave 8^)

Jefferson P. Slack

Jun 2, 1993, 3:31:13 PM6/2/93
kenneth r lipka (fer...@raven.engin.umich.edu) wrote:

Indeed she was, as well as an all-vampire convention that took place in
St. Louis (I believe) a few months ago. I have to revise my info: I talked
to her last nite, and she may not be making Moscon after all (job
conflict). However, she is in California right now, and I may be able to
get an address and/or phone number for interested parties.

Jefferson P. Slack

Bonnie Jean Crawford

Jun 5, 1993, 7:44:02 PM6/5/93
Jefferson P. Slack (jsl...@crow.csrv.uidaho.edu) wrote:

: Jefferson P. Slack

Actually she was at a con in Alabama. She will be at WorldCon in San
Francisco and will have her tooth kit with her. Most likely she will be
doing teeth on an appointment basis (she's got to eat and sleep sometime)
but we will be staying in the main party hotel, so if you are interested
we will get signs posted. Scaramouche garauntees her work and will repair
them if they break, usually free of charge. She does good work and I
should know, she's my room-mate and have gotten a pair from her. Short
unobtrusive ones that are sharp! Neither she or I believe in non-functional
teeth, but she will dull them down for people who ask.

She is currently working at a hospital in Napa CA, so if anyone is
interested in contacting her, drop me an e-mail and I can send you her
name and phone number.

Jean C