Mark Israel has died

sam green

Sep 20, 2010, 11:30:27 PM9/20/10
See

http://forums.degreeinfo.com/off-topic-discussions/35586-mark-israel-has-died.html

I didn't see any reference to this here, and thought the group might
like to know. Sorry if it's already been covered.

Wood Avens

Sep 21, 2010, 7:09:07 AM9/21/10

Thanks, Sam - I hadn't picked this up, and I'm sad to learn this news.

--

Katy Jennison

spamtrap: remove the first two letters after the @

Peter Duncanson (BrE)

Sep 21, 2010, 7:51:25 AM9/21/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:30:27 -0700 (PDT), sam green
<green...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for passing on the news.

I haven't seen it reported here.

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)

R H Draney

Sep 21, 2010, 1:54:59 PM9/21/10
BrE filted:

>On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:30:27 -0700 (PDT), sam green
><green...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>See
>>
>>http://forums.degreeinfo.com/off-topic-discussions/35586-mark-israel-has-died.html
>>
>>I didn't see any reference to this here, and thought the group might
>>like to know. Sorry if it's already been covered.
>
>Thank you for passing on the news.
>
>I haven't seen it reported here.

Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ, or is that prohibited?...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Donna Richoux

Sep 21, 2010, 2:07:46 PM9/21/10
sam green <green...@gmail.com> wrote:

> See

http://forums.degreeinfo.com/off-topic-discussions/35586-mark-israel-has
-died.html

> I didn't see any reference to this here, and thought the group might
> like to know. Sorry if it's already been covered.

Thank you, Sam, I don't think anyone here had heard.

His wife's email address has been the same for a long time and I assume
is still the same: rosyi...@aol.com .

Donna Richoux

Sep 21, 2010, 2:21:09 PM9/21/10
R H Draney <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote:

> BrE filted:
> >
> >sam green <green...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://forums.degreeinfo.com/off-topic-discussions/35586-mark-israel-has

-died.html

> >>I didn't see any reference to this here, and thought the group might
> >>like to know. Sorry if it's already been covered.
> >
> >Thank you for passing on the news.
> >
> >I haven't seen it reported here.
>
> Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ,

Mike already has a page about Mark and his accident,

http://alt-usage-english.org/AUE_gallery/mark_israel.html

so adding this news should be simple. I'll email this note to Mike.

>or is that prohibited?...r

Don't remind me.

--
Donna Richoux

Mark Brader

Sep 21, 2010, 6:51:42 PM9/21/10
Thanks, Sam.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I can't tell from this... whether you're
m...@vex.net | a wise man or a wise guy." --Ted Schuerzinger

Arcadian Rises

Sep 21, 2010, 9:50:35 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 6:51 pm, m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote:
> Thanks, Sam.

On a similar sad occasion I also thanked the bearer of the bad news,
to which he automatically (and inadvertantly) answerred "My pleasure".

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel;
vimru Omein.

Roland Hutchinson

Sep 22, 2010, 1:46:06 PM9/22/10

Sad news indeed, but be of good cheer, Donna. January 1, 2071 is just
around the corner.

--
Roland Hutchinson

He calls himself "the Garden State's leading violist da gamba,"
... comparable to being ruler of an exceptionally small duchy.
--Newark (NJ) Star Ledger ( http://tinyurl.com/RolandIsNJ )

Roland Hutchinson

Sep 22, 2010, 3:28:33 PM9/22/10
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:46:06 +0000, Roland Hutchinson wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:21:09 +0200, Donna Richoux wrote:
>
>> R H Draney <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote:
>>
>>> BrE filted:

>> http://forums.degreeinfo.com/off-topic-discussions/35586-mark-israel-
has
>> -died.html

>>> Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ,
>>
>> Mike already has a page about Mark and his accident,
>>
>> http://alt-usage-english.org/AUE_gallery/mark_israel.html
>>
>> so adding this news should be simple. I'll email this note to Mike.
>>
>>>or is that prohibited?...r
>>
>> Don't remind me.
>
> Sad news indeed, but be of good cheer, Donna. January 1, 2071 is just
> around the corner.

Sorry, I meant January 1, 2081.