=SDC= Q11: Heath Village

1 view

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 18, 2011, 5:53:34 AM8/18/11
She shortened one of her most famous poems by a factor of ten. One of
his most famous quotations (related to his most famous and controversial
feat) is a mere two words. Where did she give him things that he was
needin'?

--
VB

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 18, 2011, 3:18:29 PM8/18/11

Did you know that M&M's have always come in five colors?

--
VB

Glenn Knickerbocker

Aug 19, 2011, 2:10:52 PM8/19/11
On 08/18/2011 03:18 PM, Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> Did you know that M&M's have always come in five colors?

Is this to suggest the answer has to do with when red came back?

ŹR

Jerry Friedman

Aug 19, 2011, 2:38:55 PM8/19/11

On another note, an earlier slug for this question was "Laconic,
Brooklynese, Indian".

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

R H Draney

Aug 19, 2011, 3:26:09 PM8/19/11
Glenn Knickerbocker filted:

>On 08/18/2011 03:18 PM, Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> Did you know that M&M's have always come in five colors?
>
>Is this to suggest the answer has to do with when red came back?

It's certainly not a true observation...the canonical pack used to be "brown,
red, green, yellow, orange and tan" (six colors) before they got rid of tan and
put blue in its place....

There never were tan *peanut* M&Ms, but blue became part of that product at the
same time...and on the M&M website, where you can order custom lots of all sorts
of nonstandard colors to match the scheme of your wedding reception and whatnot,
tan is still not available....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Glenn Knickerbocker

Aug 21, 2011, 12:58:24 AM8/21/11
On 19 Aug 2011 12:26:09 -0700, R H Draney wrote:
>It's certainly not a true observation...the canonical pack used to be "brown,
>red, green, yellow, orange and tan" (six colors) before they got rid of tan and
>put blue in its place....

That's exactly what I was getting at. Orange replaced red, and it wasn't
until red was added back in that they came in six colors.

Another possibility is that we're supposed to count the white of the M
and the dark brown of the chocolate, since otherwise there are only three
colors they've always come in: yellow, green, and brown.

ŹR

msh210

Aug 21, 2011, 10:45:17 AM8/21/11
On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, wrote:
> On another note, an earlier slug for this question was "Laconic,
> Brooklynese, Indian".

And another was "Maghrebi Village".

Michael Hamm
TO Panelist

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 7:42:17 AM8/22/11

It was a badly worded clue.

Here's a better one: They were both born in the late 1880s. He was an
athlete.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 23, 2011, 3:37:53 PM8/23/11
In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:

She wasn't Minnie the Moocher.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 25, 2011, 7:35:12 AM8/25/11
In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:

The poet's poem was poetry, which she didn't like.

Jeffrey Turner

Sep 1, 2011, 1:57:46 AM9/1/11

Avery Brundage