=SDC= Q03: Hey, A Useful URL Turned Up!

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 17, 2011, 5:44:05 AM8/17/11
Clerk rotated baking material (5)

--
VB

John Holmes

Aug 17, 2011, 6:49:44 AM8/17/11
Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> Clerk rotated baking material (5)
Pyrex.

--
Regards
John
for mail: my initials plus a u e
at tpg dot com dot au

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 17, 2011, 7:17:44 AM8/17/11
In alt.usage.english, John Holmes wrote:
>Vinny Burgoo wrote:

>> Clerk rotated baking material (5)
>Pyrex.

Thank you!

Explanation: "Clerk" rotated (using ROT-13) = "Pyrex" = baking material.

--
VB

Jerry Friedman

Aug 17, 2011, 8:22:17 AM8/17/11
On Aug 17, 4:49 am, "John Holmes" <s...@sig.instead> wrote:
> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> > Clerk rotated baking material (5)
>
> Pyrex.

Damn, I thought that one was hard.

--
Jerry Friedman

Jerry Friedman

Aug 17, 2011, 9:38:41 AM8/17/11
On Aug 17, 4:49 am, "John Holmes" <s...@sig.instead> wrote:
> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> > Clerk rotated baking material (5)
>
> Pyrex.

Gur svefg Pbezb bs gur pbzcrgvgvba unf neevirq!

--
Jerry Friedman, Totally Rotated Panelist

R H Draney

Aug 17, 2011, 12:17:02 PM8/17/11
Jerry Friedman filted:

>On Aug 17, 4:49=A0am, "John Holmes" <s...@sig.instead> wrote:
>> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> > Clerk rotated baking material (5)
>>
>> Pyrex.
>
>Damn, I thought that one was hard.

Thought it would both irk and vex us?...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Mark Brader

Aug 17, 2011, 12:26:30 PM8/17/11
Jerry Friedman:

>> Damn, I thought that one was hard.

Not hard enough, if you drop it on the kitchen floor.

R.H. Draney:

> Thought it would both irk and vex us?

Hey, that should be my line!
--
Znex Oenqre, Gbebagb | "Jurer vf qbja fcrpvny?" ... "Tbbq."
z...@irk.arg | "Qb lbh ershfr gb nafjre zl dhrfgvba?" "Qba'g xabj."

Skitt

Aug 17, 2011, 1:56:55 PM8/17/11
On 8/17/2011 6:38 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> On Aug 17, 4:49 am, "John Holmes"<s...@sig.instead> wrote:
>> Vinny Burgoo wrote:

>>> Clerk rotated baking material (5)
>>
>> Pyrex.
>
> Gur svefg Pbezb bs gur pbzcrgvgvba unf neevirq!

Rats! Thunderbird 5.0 and 6.0 versions no longer have ROT-13 capabilities.

--
Skitt (SF Bay Area)
http://come.to/skitt

Jerry Friedman

Aug 17, 2011, 2:00:18 PM8/17/11
On Aug 17, 11:56 am, Skitt <skit...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 8/17/2011 6:38 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>
> >> Pyrex.
>
> > Gur svefg Pbezb bs gur pbzcrgvgvba unf neevirq!
>
> Rats!  Thunderbird 5.0 and 6.0 versions no longer have ROT-13 capabilities.

An odd decision on their part.

I used rot13.com to transform "The first Cormo of the competition has
arrived."

--
Jerry Friedman

the Omrud

Aug 17, 2011, 2:11:18 PM8/17/11
On 17/08/2011 18:56, Skitt wrote:
> On 8/17/2011 6:38 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:

>>> Pyrex.
>>
>> Gur svefg Pbezb bs gur pbzcrgvgvba unf neevirq!
>
> Rats! Thunderbird 5.0 and 6.0 versions no longer have ROT-13 capabilities.

No, and the leet add-on doesn't work with the newer versions.

--
David

Skitt

Aug 17, 2011, 2:12:20 PM8/17/11
Jerry Friedman wrote:
> Skitt wrote:
>> Jerry Friedman wrote:

>>> Gur svefg Pbezb bs gur pbzcrgvgvba unf neevirq!
>>
>> Rats! Thunderbird 5.0 and 6.0 versions no longer have ROT-13 capabilities.
>
> An odd decision on their part.
>
> I used rot13.com to transform "The first Cormo of the competition has
> arrived."

Ah, thanks.

Roland Hutchinson

Aug 17, 2011, 3:41:12 PM8/17/11
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:26:30 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

> Jerry Friedman:
>>> Damn, I thought that one was hard.
>
> Not hard enough, if you drop it on the kitchen floor.

Plenty hard. Insufficiently elastic.

--
Roland Hutchinson

He calls himself "the Garden State's leading violist da gamba,"
... comparable to being ruler of an exceptionally small duchy.
--Newark (NJ) Star Ledger ( http://tinyurl.com/RolandIsNJ )

Peter Moylan

Aug 18, 2011, 7:11:51 AM8/18/11
It always was overkill. I wonder whether anyone ever used it for
anything else than ROT-13.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.