=SDC= Q27: Unusual property

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:28:08 AM9/3/12
What do YMCA, OK, and MBTA have in common?

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

CDB

Sep 3, 2012, 6:58:12 AM9/3/12
On 03/09/2012 12:28 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> What do YMCA, OK, and MBTA have in common?

You can reduce each of them to one letter: the Y, 'K, the T.

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 10:00:18 AM9/3/12
Thank you!

Iain Archer

Sep 3, 2012, 10:04:26 AM9/3/12
Jerry Friedman wrote on Mon, 3 Sep 2012
>On Sep 3, 4:58�am, CDB <bellemar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 03/09/2012 12:28 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>>
>> > What do YMCA, OK, and MBTA have in common?
>>
>> You can reduce each of them to one letter: the Y, 'K, the T.
>
>Thank you!

What is the OK?
--
Iain Archer

James Hogg

Sep 3, 2012, 10:10:35 AM9/3/12
That's the one I couldn't explain either.

--
James

James Silverton

Sep 3, 2012, 10:12:17 AM9/3/12
I guess you can but what "the T" meant would normally escape me.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:52:58 PM9/3/12
On the Internetz, people often use "k" for "OK" (okay).

In and around Boston, people often use "the T" for the Massachusetts
Bay Transportation Authority.

--
Jerry Friedman

Peter Moylan

Sep 4, 2012, 3:43:19 AM9/4/12
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

R H Draney

Sep 4, 2012, 5:53:09 AM9/4/12
Iain Archer filted:
A landmark near where the Clanton family were slaughtered....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

GordonD

Sep 6, 2012, 5:47:54 AM9/6/12
"Jerry Friedman" <je...@totally-official.com> wrote in message
> What do YMCA, OK, and MBTA have in common?

Songs by the Village People? (Only the first one was a hit.)

--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Jerry Friedman

Sep 6, 2012, 9:51:51 AM9/6/12
On Sep 6, 3:47 am, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Jerry Friedman" <je...@totally-official.com> wrote in message

> > What do YMCA, OK, and MBTA have in common?
>
> Songs by the Village People? (Only the first one was a hit.)

The third was almost a hit by the Kingston Trio.

--
Jerry Friedman

R H Draney

Sep 6, 2012, 5:52:18 PM9/6/12
Jerry Friedman filted:
And the second was a song by, variously, Ron Carter, Li'l Wayne, and Ani
DiFranco....r

Snidely

Sep 8, 2012, 2:50:08 PM9/8/12
Jerry Friedman submitted this idea :
Their roots were in Honolulu and San Diego.
(Guard, Shane, and Reynolds, respectfully)

Youtube has Banua, with an Edinburgh accent
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHn34MhoSDc>
which is odd, but somehow the lyrics don't agree with my memories of Jr
High (though they agree with other lyrics sites).

Now to be really off topic, my ears try to tell me this is
"Going to Texan"
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCgBfz_VzPE&feature=player_embedded>

Without the printed title, I might not have figured it out.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?