=SDC= Q47: Change A Conjunction To A Preposition

Jerry Friedman

Aug 22, 2011, 6:16:20 PM8/22/11
What island suggests a civil-rights controversy in a place named after
another island?

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

msh210

Aug 24, 2011, 11:50:16 PM8/24/11
On Aug 22, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:

> What island suggests a civil-rights controversy in a place named after
> another island?

Both islands are in the Common Travel Area.

Michael Hamm
TO Panelist

musika

Aug 26, 2011, 6:27:36 AM8/26/11
Jerry Friedman wrote:
> What island suggests a civil-rights controversy in a place named after
> another island?

Lewis and Harris.
--
Ray
UK

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 26, 2011, 8:22:49 AM8/26/11

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Aug 26, 2011, 9:06:41 AM8/26/11

Jersey and New Jersey are so different from one another that even after
visiting the latter site it took me a moment to think what "named after
another island" might mean.

--
athel

Jerry Friedman

Aug 28, 2011, 11:29:03 PM8/28/11

Your Cormo provides wool suitable for tweed and is undoubtedly the
same sex as at least one of your other Cormos.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Sheepinsulator