=SDC= Q41: Sequence

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 6:01:39 AM8/22/11
Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

Peter Moylan

Aug 22, 2011, 8:47:55 AM8/22/11
Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?

This sounds like a rather silly French story I once heard. A girl had an
overly large mouth, and was given an exercise to make her mouth smaller.
The exercise was to repeat the sequence "pomme, prune, puce" regularly.
She thought that "puce" was inelegant, so changed the words to "pomme,
prune, poire".

Now, I'm not saying that "pent, piece, puissance" will give you a
smaller mouth, but it might give you a wider moustache.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Jerry Friedman

Aug 23, 2011, 9:28:46 AM8/23/11
On Aug 22, 4:01 am, Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?

We considered slugging this one "The Disorder of Treason".

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Hinter

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 24, 2011, 3:48:38 PM8/24/11
In alt.usage.english, Peter Moylan wrote:
>Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?
>>
>This sounds like a rather silly French story I once heard.

Belgian.

--
VB
T. O. Interrupter

msh210

Aug 25, 2011, 7:35:53 PM8/25/11
On Aug 22, Vinny Burgoo, TO Panelist, abed:

> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?

1929.

Michael Hamm
TO Hinter

musika

Aug 26, 2011, 10:45:47 AM8/26/11
Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?

Pipe
--
Ray
UK

Jerry Friedman

Aug 26, 2011, 10:52:26 AM8/26/11
On Aug 26, 8:45 am, "musika" <mUs...@SPAMNOTexcite.com> wrote:
> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> > Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?
>
> Pipe

Thank you!

Explanation: The words are an anagram of 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe'.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

Jeffrey Turner

Aug 26, 2011, 4:27:18 PM8/26/11
On 8/26/2011 10:52 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> On Aug 26, 8:45 am, "musika"<mUs...@SPAMNOTexcite.com> wrote:
>> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>>> Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?
>>
>> Pipe
>
> Thank you!
>
> Explanation: The words are an anagram of 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe'.

Does that mean something? Do you want a.u.f?

--Jeff

Jerry Friedman

Aug 26, 2011, 5:54:13 PM8/26/11

R H Draney

Aug 26, 2011, 6:47:41 PM8/26/11
Jerry Friedman filted:

>On Aug 26, 2:27=A0pm, Jeffrey Turner <jtur...@localnet.com> wrote:

>> > Thank you!
>>
>> > Explanation: The words are an anagram of 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe'.
>>
>> Does that mean something?
>
>Oui. "This is not a pipe."

I've posted this link before, right?...

http://members.cox.net/bagelhenge/pipasig.jpg

....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Jerry Friedman

Aug 28, 2011, 11:12:15 PM8/28/11
On Aug 26, 8:52 am, Jerry Friedman <je...@totally-official.com> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 8:45 am, "musika" <mUs...@SPAMNOTexcite.com> wrote:
>
> > Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> > > Pent, piece, puissance. What's not missing?
>
> > Pipe
>
> Thank you!
>
> Explanation: The words are an anagram of 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe'.

This is a Cormo. A pregnant ewe, as a special bonus for answering 4
days, 4 hours, and 44 minutes after the question was posted.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Sheepsurrealtor