Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Simpsons WWW page

閲覧: 17 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Timothy Rowan

未読、
1994/11/17 13:01:301994/11/17
To:
Yeah, where is it? The WWW page that is. Thanks.

tim

Kent Bulmer

未読、
1994/11/17 21:57:171994/11/17
To:
In article <1994Nov17.1...@news.csuohio.edu> Timothy Rowan,

g0...@vmcms.csuohio.edu writes:
>Yeah, where is it? The WWW page that is. Thanks.

If anyone is mailing the answer instead of posting, could you mail the
address to me as well?

(men...@nbnet.nb.ca)

Kent Bulmer
Mensa Computers

Terri Clendenin

未読、
1994/11/18 20:28:101994/11/18
To:
In <3ah56d$9...@darwin.nbnet.nb.ca> Kent Bulmer <men...@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

:
>>Yeah, where is it? The WWW page that is. Thanks.

"http://www.digimark.net/TheSimpsons/","The Simpsons Archive"

Terri

--
e-mail: ca...@ix.netcom.com
finger: ca...@netcom.com

Dave Zembower

未読、
1994/11/20 11:04:531994/11/20
To:
I missed the Whacking Day episode when it first appeared, and had a
chance to catch it on syndicated re-run yesterday. God, what a trivial
piece of crap that was!!! I wished I had missed it again!!! Things I
hated about it...

Homer's "ninja" scene: Homer practicing his "whacking" techniques on
mechanical, pop-up wooden snakes, wearing a black headband and black
karate pants, brandishing his new whacking stick. Sorry, but Homer
jumping, doing flips, etc without a shirt was just toooooooo stupid!!

Marge's involvement with Whacking Day: Come on, this was completely
out of character. The Marge of *all the other episodes* would never
condone whacking day.

The horrible song: Those awful lyrics that were sung by the deep-bass
singer (can't remember his name) to attract the snakes to the Simpson's
house in order to protect them from the stick-wielding mob. Horrible
and un-funny.

Lisa playing guitar: Lisa playing a bass guitar during above horrible
song. Where did she get the guitar and amplifier, and why have we
never seen nor heard of this skill before?

The stupid mob scene: I have always thought the mob scenes on the
Simpsons were of poor quality, and this one was on top of the badness
heap. I realize that these scenes are meant to satirize the gullible
mob-mentality, but the in-unison chants and hollers the
Springfield-ians always seem to slip into never touch my funnybone.

Some episodes should just stay buried. This was one of them. It seems
as if whenever I talk a friend who has never seen The Simpsons to
finally give it a try, they inevitably tune in on a show like this one.
I hope none of my friends tuned into this one yesterday, or I will
likely be a friend short tomorrow!!

Dave Zembower
zemb...@rcf.mayo.edu

Ed Taylor

未読、
1994/11/20 18:18:331994/11/20
To:
I agree totally. The only episode I intentionally taped over.

Bailey Irwin

未読、
1994/11/21 2:41:491994/11/21
To:
Dave Zembower (zemb...@rcf.mayo.edu) wrote:

: The horrible song: Those awful lyrics that were sung by the deep-bass

: singer (can't remember his name) to attract the snakes to the Simpson's
: house in order to protect them from the stick-wielding mob. Horrible
: and un-funny.

Barry White deserves a little better than to be referred to as "the deep-bass
singer". And the primary reason the song wasn't funny is that is wasn't
SUPPOSED to be funny. It's White's biggest hit, "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love".
Taylor Dayne made it to the top 40 a few months ago with a remake. White sang
the song straight except for a few references to snakes slipped in at the
beginning monologue, if memory recalls.

First Sam and Dave, now Barry White. Sheesh! Apparently the Simpsons writers
should just skip any references to black people. People on this group just don't
get it. :(

Dan

未読、
1994/11/22 12:06:101994/11/22
To:
If you really want to get into it, I think we get to sneak a peek into
the relationship between Bart and Marge in this episode. We get to see a
side of Marge consistent with her character and yet unrevealed in
previous episodes. But this kind of analyisis is too deep for the
Simpsons... it misses the mark.
In the whacking day episode , I particularly liked the interaction
between Skinner and superintendent Chalmers. ("Oh, you mean you hear rs
in stead of bs?") I also thought the interaction between Lisa and Homer
in the ninja scene was hilarious.
H: Just pack your rage up ito a little tiny ball and let it out. Like
thaty time daddy threw a whisky bottle at the referee. Remember that?
L: Yeah.
H: Remeber daddy threw the whisky bottle?
L: Yeah.
That scene was brilliant.
- Dan Brown

Jym Dyer

未読、
1994/11/22 12:41:011994/11/22
To:
> Whacking Day is a classic and incredibly fucking funny. the
> first time i saw it, i laughed my ass off.

=o= Whacking Day is in my personal Top Three.

> this show was packed.

=o= I'll say!

o "Might ye be knowin' of a loch nearby where a lass could
wash her long red hair?"

o "Sweet taste. Some monsterism."

o "Avert your eyes, children! He may take on another form!"

o "Dass is nicht eine Boobie!"

o "They should call this book 'Johnny Deformed.'"

o Guest Director Oliver Stone

o "The Truth About Whacking Day" by Bob Woodward

o The sheer derangedness of using Barry White to attract
snakes.

o "I love the sexy slither of a sweet lady snake."

o "Give us Hell, Quimby!"

o Snakes headed for the sunset, like sperm to an ovum.

o "I guess I've always used violence to reach out for
attention." "Me too, man! Me too!"

o "Then we'll ride these bikes to Mexico, Willy. (****)
And freedom!" (*******)
(*********)
<_Jym_> (*********)
.--. (*********)
/| \ (*********)
/ |____\__ (*********)
+::| . . \: Jym Dyer :: j...@remarque.berkeley.edu :(o)(o)(*)::
:::| ____/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::( (*)::
:::| .__\:::: Annoying Republicans since 1960 :::::/__-' (*):::
:::| |:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::| |:::::
OOOOOO

Dreyfus

未読、
1994/11/22 14:18:461994/11/22
To:
Were there any cuts in this episode? I didn't notice any,

(They ____BUTCHERED____ the rake scene.)

----Benjamin W Dreyfus

David Sinclair

未読、
1994/11/23 12:18:511994/11/23

I just wanna say that I think wacking day is a pretty good episode. The Ninja
homer scene was sublime! The sight of homer leaping about bruce lee style was
awsome! And Barry White! what can i say.

see ya,

Dave.

|David Sinclair | "Well they say that the worlds gonna end with a wimper, |
| | but that's just the sound it always makes anyway. . . " |
|d...@dcs.ed.ac.uk | - Mark Eitzel, American Music Club |

Bailey Irwin

未読、
1994/11/23 14:20:491994/11/23
To:
Daniel S. Swint (dsw...@stat.ufl.edu) wrote:

: i think there's a clear split in this group between people who want in
: depth scenes focusing on the family as opposed to people like me who
: primarily watch for social satire. if i wanted the former, i could
: watch the flintstones.
: daniel

Wrong. There is a split between those of us who like brutal satire AND an
intelligent and well-written treatment of the Simpsons family, versus those of
us who accept the former only.

Elvis A. Presley

未読、
1994/11/26 13:45:541994/11/26
To:
>Lisa playing guitar: Lisa playing a bass guitar during above horrible
>song. Where did she get the guitar and amplifier, and why have we
>never seen nor heard of this skill before?

Lisa is basically an all-around musical person. Not only can she play
saxophone, she can play guitar ("Last Exit to Springfield"). And most
people who can play a standard six-string guitar can easily move 'down'
to a four-string bass. Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, and Paul McCartney all
did, so it makes sense that Lisa could too.
Jacob Stohler
stoh...@email.unc.edu

Graeme Burk

未読、
1994/11/26 22:55:191994/11/26

Personally, I loved it-- the Christian school (we put the fun in
fundamentalist dogma), Bart and Marge getting thrown out of the
historical site for getting to close to the truth, the Oliver Stone
/JFK Itchy and Scratchy AND the bullies becoming self-actualized. What
more could you ask for?
新着メール 0 件