Princess Penelope

aaronhi...@yahoo.com

Jan 17, 2010, 7:14:08 PM1/17/10
Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Moulan Pocahontas.
Mountbatten - British royalty.
Hapsburg - Austrian, or Spanish.
Hohenzollern - Prussian.

And she's not a real princess, you know. Just like Captains
McAllister and Infinity are not real Captains.

Eartha Kitt was Catwoman on the 60s Batman TV show, BTW.

Mr. Museum (not a real museum)

Michael Black

Jan 17, 2010, 10:09:04 PM1/17/10
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, aaronhi...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Moulan Pocahontas.
> Mountbatten - British royalty.
> Hapsburg - Austrian, or Spanish.
> Hohenzollern - Prussian.
>
> And she's not a real princess, you know.

I thought that was what was alluded to with the "Moulan" and "Pocahontas",
two Disney-made princesses.

Michael

Don Del Grande

Jan 17, 2010, 10:35:43 PM1/17/10
Michael Black wrote:

> aaronhirshberg wrote:
>
>> Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Moulan Pocahontas.
>> Mountbatten - British royalty.
>> Hapsburg - Austrian, or Spanish.
>> Hohenzollern - Prussian.
>>
>> And she's not a real princess, you know.
>
>I thought that was what was alluded to with the "Moulan" and "Pocahontas",
>two Disney-made princesses.

Well, if you want to get technical, neither Mulan nor Pocahontas are
portrayed as princesses in the Disney movies. (Pocahontas is the
daughter of a chieftan, but still that's not a "princess".)

-- Don

aaronhi...@yahoo.com

Michael Black

Jan 17, 2010, 10:09:04 PM1/17/10

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, aaronhi...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Moulan Pocahontas.
> Mountbatten - British royalty.
> Hapsburg - Austrian, or Spanish.
> Hohenzollern - Prussian.
>
> And she's not a real princess, you know.

I thought that was what was alluded to with the "Moulan" and "Pocahontas",
two Disney-made princesses.

Michael

Don Del Grande

Jan 17, 2010, 7:35:43 PM1/17/10

Michael Black wrote:

> aaronhirshberg wrote:
>
>> Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Moulan Pocahontas.
>> Mountbatten - British royalty.
>> Hapsburg - Austrian, or Spanish.
>> Hohenzollern - Prussian.
>>
>> And she's not a real princess, you know.
>

>I thought that was what was alluded to with the "Moulan" and "Pocahontas",
>two Disney-made princesses.

Well, if you want to get technical, neither Mulan nor Pocahontas are

aaronhi...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2010, 8:29:35 PM1/18/10
> >I thought that was what was alluded to with the "Moulan" and "Pocahontas",
> >two Disney-made princesses.

Pocahontas was a real person. And the daughter of a Chieftan, as you
pointed out, Don. But she was no "Disney-made".

Mr. Museum

Brett A. Pasternack

Jan 29, 2010, 3:08:12 PM1/29/10

But for marketing purposes, Disney often includes them in the "Disney
Princesses" line; see
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-Figurine-Set/dp/B000BK7JTO for
example. Hence them being "Disney made" princesses. I think it's safe to
say that that's what was being referenced in the joke.

Alex-...@live.no

Feb 1, 2010, 12:34:07 PM2/1/10
On Jan 17, 7:35 pm, Don Del Grande <del_grande_n...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

But are they not portrayed as princesses in the "classical sense"? ;-)