Time to check Google Groups like they suggest on the Season 7 DVDs

1 view

Don Del Grande

Dec 27, 2005, 12:14:07 AM12/27/05
The commentary for "Who Shot Mr. Burns, Part 2" mentions that there
was one person who managed to figure out when Part 1 aired that Maggie
did it. (I had Maggie #2 on my list, behind "Burns shot himself
accidentally", although I didn't notice Maggie holding the lollipop
the first time - then again, even had I seen it, I probably would have
dismissed it as being too obvious, forgetting that in order for most
viewers to figure it out, it would have to be somewhat obvious.) It
also mentions that we should check Google Groups...

You would think that one of the writers would have done it themselves,
as then they might have discovered that only 51 alt.tv.simpsons posts
exist on Google Groups for the period April 1 through December 31,
1995, covering the periods where both Parts 1 and 2 first aired.
(Those 51 posts exist because they were cross-posted to other groups
whose archives exist for this time period.)

-- Don

Captain Infinity

Dec 27, 2005, 7:11:04 AM12/27/05

Google's archive of Usenet for that time consists only of what Deja News
was archiving then. Deja News did not archive alt.tv.simpsons at that
time.

**
Captain Infinity
..."That robot reminds me of you: tell it to stop, it turns.
Tell it to turn, it stops. Tell it to take out the garbage,
it watches reruns of Firefly." --"Bones"

Kernel Dump

Jan 5, 2006, 7:04:12 PM1/5/06

"Captain Infinity" <Infi...@captaininfinity.us> wrote in message

> Once Upon A Time Don Del Grande wrote:
>
>>The commentary for "Who Shot Mr. Burns, Part 2" mentions that there
>>was one person who managed to figure out when Part 1 aired that Maggie
>>did it. (I had Maggie #2 on my list, behind "Burns shot himself
>>accidentally", although I didn't notice Maggie holding the lollipop
>>the first time - then again, even had I seen it, I probably would have
>>dismissed it as being too obvious, forgetting that in order for most
>>viewers to figure it out, it would have to be somewhat obvious.) It
>>also mentions that we should check Google Groups...
>>
>>You would think that one of the writers would have done it themselves,
>>as then they might have discovered that only 51 alt.tv.simpsons posts
>>exist on Google Groups for the period April 1 through December 31,
>>1995, covering the periods where both Parts 1 and 2 first aired.
>>(Those 51 posts exist because they were cross-posted to other groups
>>whose archives exist for this time period.)
>
> Google's archive of Usenet for that time consists only of what Deja News
> was archiving then. Deja News did not archive alt.tv.simpsons at that
> time.

If Google doesn't have it then it must have never existed!