SCTV on Comedy Network (Canada) Fall 2010

Lafe News

Sep 9, 2010, 11:55:45 PM9/9/10
Comedy Network in Canada is airing SCTV again early Thursday mornings and on weekends.

September 9th, 2010 - they aired this season 1 episode at 12:30am and 5:30am MT:

1-3 Ethnic Humour (November 18th, 1976) - Station Announcement: Ethnic Disclaimer, Sunrise Semester: Gypsy Mythology with Ernest Bruter, The Leutonian Hour, Promo: Plainclothes Mountie, Out-Patient, Hints for Homemakers - Amish Food, American Stethoscopy Institute, Theatre North America: "We’re gonna be alright you creep, leaving hom and all, eh?", Commercial: Golden Hits of the 11th Century, Words to Live By: Ten Commandments

I wonder if they will show the first two episodes, and show all of not-released-on-DVD seasons 1, 2, 3 and 6?

Stay tuned...

Michael O'Connor

Sep 10, 2010, 6:07:15 PM9/10/10
I hope somebody is recording these shows. I have quite a bit of SCTV
episodes, and am always looking for episodes I have not seen.

toonguy85

Sep 11, 2010, 8:20:04 AM9/11/10
I hope so, also! I bought someone's 'headfake' about "Comedy
Gold" (the old TV Land Canada channel) carrying SCTV - spent my
resources that route! At least Comedy is actually broadcasting it!

Lafe News

Sep 13, 2010, 9:36:44 AM9/13/10
It looks like Comedy Network are airing one episode Thursdays, two Saturdays
and two on Sundays.
There are multiple timeslots each day, used for replaying what they played
in the morning.
Episodes are a bit out of the official order:

Saturday, September 11th

1-7 Dialing For Dollars (February 24th, 1977) - Commercial: Homelier You,
Before School Special: Beauty and the Beets, SCTV AM News Today: Pipers,
Action Line: Rent Strike & Viewer Mail, Ad: Lasermatic Quickflash II, SCTV
Firing Squad: School Busing, Famous Philospher's School, Alice, The Wonder
Dog: Alice and the Bureau, Dialing for Dollars: Movie: Changing Partners,
Commercial: Evelyn Woods Speed Talking School, Promo: 15 Minutes (Earl
visited prison)

Saturday, September 11th

1-10 Therese et Joe (April 7th, 1977) - SCTV News: New Deli, Sunrise
Semester: Political Sciences 101 with Dr. Hammond Greer, Commercial: Robco
Up-Your-Nose Pollution Filter, SCTV News Part 2: Action Line: Arms Race,
Nutrition: "You Are What You Eat", Dining with LaRue: Chinese Food,
Commercial: Silver Bullet Suppositories, Perspective '77: Northern Ireland
with Lou Jaffe, Commercial: National Drugstore Association, SCTV Foreign
Film of the Week: Therese et Joe, SCTV AM News Today (Surrender Terrorists)

Sunday, September 12th
1-15 Leave It to Beaver (September 26th, 1977) - Promo: Library Police,
Exorcising with Reagan Blair, SCTV AM News Today: Earl Jr. Visits,
Commercial: Chickadee Chickette Chicken Style Loaf, Leave It to Beaver 25th
Anniversary Party, Commercial: Quick-Wash Dish Laundry, PSA: Rip Masters for
Children on Booze, Commercial: Blind Fists of the Furious Dragon, Dr. Tongue
and His Animal Friends, Commercial: Family Detective from Amco the Toy
People, Dialing for Dollars

Sunday, September 12th

1-16 Goodbye America (October 3rd, 1977) - Commercial: Nothing, Winning
Chess with Boris Morris, SCTV AM News Today: Baby Seal Hunt/Earl's attire,
Roda Barret's Hollywood: Roy Rogers, Spiro Agnew, Promo: 20 Depressing Hits
by Connie Franklin, Promo: "So You're Dead, Now What?", Good-Bye America:
Johnny LaRue (Heraldo Rivera at Johnny's penthouse), Commercial: Mashed
Potatoes or Sex?

I can keep posting what episodes they played, if people would like that.

Lafe News

Sep 20, 2010, 12:21:43 AM9/20/10
"Lafe News" <la...@removethisshaw.ca> wrote in message

> I can keep posting what episodes they played, if people would like that.

.
.
.
.
nope, I guess not...

jeffthe...@yahoo.com

Sep 20, 2010, 9:00:57 AM9/20/10

Yes, please do! Are you recording these by any chance?

Peace,

Jeff

vic arpeggio

Sep 20, 2010, 2:33:12 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 9:00 am, "jeffthejoke...@yahoo.com"

I second the motion. I don't live in Canada and can't see them, but
if nothing else at least I can get some vicarious enjoyment from the
posts. Thanks!

Vic

Lafe News

Dec 15, 2010, 4:09:41 PM12/15/10
So far, this is what they aired on Comedy Network Canada.
They skipped over a whole bunch, probably to give a better mix of eras.
I hope once they get through to the entire series, they can go around
and fill in the missing gaps.

Thursday September 9th – 3: Ethnic Humour
Saturday, September 11th – 7: Dialing For Dollars
Saturday, September 11th – 10: Therese et Joe
Sunday, September 12th- 15: Leave It to Beaver
Sunday, September 12th – 16: Goodbye America
Thursday, September 16th – 18: Madame Blitzman
Saturday, September 18th - 24: Officer Friendly
Saturday, September 18th – 27: Second Season Premiere
Sunday, September 19th – 28: The Bob Hope Desert Classic
Sunday, September 19th – 29: Kidnapping of Moe Green
Thursday, September 23rd – 31: Writer's Strike
Saturday, September 25th A – 32: Municipal Election
Saturday, September 25th B – 33: How the Middle East Was Won
Sunday, September 26th A – 34: The Mirthmakers/Happy Endings
Sunday, September 26th B – 35: Undersea World
Thursday, September 30th – 36: Edith Prickley Station Manager
Saturday, October 2nd A - 37: SCTV 30th Anniversary Show
Saturday, October 2nd B – 38: The Occult
Sunday, October 3rd A – 40: Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Sunday, October 3rd B – 42: Death Takes No Holiday
Thursday, October 7th – 46: SCTV Disco
Saturday, October 9th A – 49: Dining With LaRue
Saturday, October 9th B – 50: The Flaming Turkey
Sunday, October 10th A – 53: Death of a Salesman
Sunday, October 10th B – 54: My Factory, My Self
Thursday, October 14th – 55: Death Motel
Saturday, October 16th A – 58: Gaslight
Saturday, October 16th B – 61: The Sammy Maudlin Show
Sunday, October 17th A – 65: The Irwin Allen Show
Sunday, October 17th B – 66: Big Brother
Thursday, October 21st – 67: Two Way TV
Saturday, October 23rd A – 68: Alpha Channel
Saturday, October 23rd B – 69: Midnight Express Special
Sunday, October 24th A – 70: Quincy, Cartoon Coroner
Sunday, October 24th B – 71: The Mating Game
Thursday, October 28th – 72: Gene Shalit's America
Saturday, October 30th A - 75: Battle Of The PBS Stars
Saturday, October 30th B - 78: Polynesiantown
Sunday, October 31st A - 80: Lunchtime Street Beef
Sunday, October 31st B - 82: Days Of The Week #1
Thursday, November 4th - 83: Godfather I
Saturday, November 6th A - 84: Godfather II
Saturday, November 6th B - 86: Days Of The Week #2
Sunday, November 7th A - 89: Days Of The Week #3
Sunday, November 7th B - 92: Days Of The Week #4
Thursday, November 11th - 84: Godfather II (repeated)
Saturday, November 13th A - 93: Great White North: Ian Thomas
Saturday, November 13th B - 94: Rome, Italian Style
Sunday, November 14th A - 96: Days Of The Week #5
Sunday, November 14th B - 97: Rockpile: Roy Orbison
Saturday, November 20th A - 98: Indecent Exposure I
Saturday, November 20th B – 99: Indecent Exposure II
Sunday, November 21st A – 103: Soapy Maxwell
Sunday, November 21st B - 105: Days Of The Week #6
Saturday, November 27th A – 106: Sweeps Week I
Saturday, November 27th B – 107: Sweeps Week II
Sunday, November 28th A - 108: Sweeps Week III
Sunday, November 28th B – 110: Days Of The Week #7
Saturday, December 4th A – 112: Moral Majority
Saturday, December 4th B – 113: The Nutty Lab Assistant
Sunday, December 5th A – 114: Days Of The Week #8
Sunday, December 5th B - 117: Dr X
Saturday, December 11th A - 119: Days of the Week #9
Saturday, December 11th B - 120: Towering Inferno I
Sunday, December 12th A - 121: Towering Inferno II
Sunday, December 12th B - 122: The Happy Wanderers: Linsk Minyk

Lafe News

Dec 15, 2010, 4:14:48 PM12/15/10
For listings of the contents of those episodes, check the SCTV
Syndication Guide:

http://www.sctvguide.ca/episodes/sctvsynd.htm#show_list

Lafe News

Dec 15, 2010, 4:45:00 PM12/15/10

sctvguide

Jan 14, 2011, 1:07:00 AM1/14/11
In article <4D0936D...@removethisshaw.ca>,
Lafe News <la...@removethisshaw.ca> wrote:

> So far, this is what they aired on Comedy Network Canada.
> They skipped over a whole bunch, probably to give a better mix of eras.
> I hope once they get through to the entire series, they can go around
> and fill in the missing gaps.

Thanks for posting this list - cheers.

--
dh sctvguide.ca

Lafe News

Feb 20, 2011, 7:14:24 PM2/20/11
Updated List:

Saturday, December 18th A - 124: Days of the Week #10- (Happy Wanderers
cut!)
Saturday, December 18th B - 125: Great White North Palace I
Sunday, December 19th A - 126: Great White North Palace II
Sunday, December 19th B - 127: Days of the Week #11
Saturday, Janury 8th A – 128: Days of the Week #12
Saturday, January 8th B – 129: Christmas I
Saturday, January 15th A – 133: Maudlin's Eleven I
Saturday, January 15th B – 134: Maudlin's Eleven II
Sunday, January 16th A - 135: 3D Firing Line: Midnight Cowboy
Sunday, January 16th B – 137: I Was a Teenage Communist (cut!)
Saturday, January 22nd A – 142: CBC I
Saturday, January 22nd B – 143: CBC II
Sunday, January 23rd A – 146: Jane Eyrehead
Sunday, January 23rd B – 149: Bowery Boys/Maudlin: Pavarotti
Saturday, January 29th A – 152: Teacher's Pet
Saturday, January 29th B – 154: Bobby Bittman Retires
Sunday, January 30th A – 152: Teacher's Pet (repeated!)
Sunday, January 30th B – 154: Bobby Bittman Retires (repeated!)
Saturday, February 5th A – 155: Golden Choice Awards I
Saturday, February 5th B – 156: Golden Choice Awards II
Sunday, February 6th A – 158: South Sea Sinner
Sunday, February 6th B – 160: Cdn Gaffes and Practical Amusements
Saturday, February 12th A – 162: Oliver Grimley
Saturday, February 12th B – 163: Das Boobs
Sunday, February 13th A – 165: Happy Hour: Six Gun Justice 6
Sunday, February 13th B – 168: It's A Wonderful Film I
Saturday, February 19th A – 169: It's A Wonderful Film II
Saturday, February 19th B – 170: Happy Hour: Six Gun Justice 7
Sunday, February 20th A – 174: Happy Hour: Six Gun Justice 8
Sunday, February 20th B – 175: Allenscam

Lafe News

Feb 28, 2011, 7:39:11 PM2/28/11

Saturday, February 26th A – 178: Happy Hour: Six Gun Justice 10
Saturday, February 26th B – 181: Maudlin O' The Night
Sunday, February 27th A – 182: Stars In One: Bob Hope
Sunday, February 27th B – 3: Ethnic Humour (November 18th, 1976)

It looks like Comedy Network started from the beginning again and
repeating the same loop. They didn't show the finale of Six Guns Justice
11. I was hoping they'd fill in the gaps missed the first time. I may
contact them to see how many episodes they have in their syndication
package.

Lafe

Lafe News

Apr 15, 2011, 2:07:35 AM4/15/11
I e-mailed Comedy Network to find out why they weren't airing all the
episodes, but they never answered. For weeks, they were airing the same
episodes as before, so I cancelled my PVR Series Recording. I flipped
past the channel last weekend, and they were airing episodes which they
had previously skipped! I e-mailed Comedy Network again and they said:
"We have all of the SCTV run." Jeepers!!! I'm recording them again but
fear I missed a few weeks of ones I needed.

Lafe News

Jul 9, 2011, 2:03:07 AM7/9/11
Updated List below.

I realize Comedy Network is only showing the same 98 episodes and aren't
filling in any of the missing ones.

Comedy Network's reply to me was "We are airing all the episodes." so
they probably don't know SCTV very well.

2010 Comedy Network aired

2011 Comedy Network aired

Saturday, March 5th A – 7: Dialing For Dollars
Saturday, March 5th B – 10: Therese et Joe
Sunday, March 6th A – 15: Leave It to Beaver
Sunday, March 6th B – 16: Goodbye America
Saturday, March 12th A – 18: Madame Blitzman
Saturday, March 12th B – 24: Officer Friendly
Sunday, March 13th A – 27: Second Season Premiere
Sunday, March 13th B – 28: The Bob Hope Desert
Saturday, March 19th A – 29: Kidnapping of Moe Green
Saturday, March 19th B – 31: Writer's Strike
Sunday, March 20th A – 32: Municipal Election
Sunday, March 20th B – 33: How the Middle East Was Won
Saturday, March 26th A - 34: The Mirthmakers/Happy Endings
Saturday, March 26th B - 35: Undersea World
Sunday, March 27th A - 36: Edith Prickley Station Manager
Sunday, March 27th B - 37: SCTV 30th Anniversary Show
Saturday, April 2nd A - 38: The Occult
Saturday, April 2nd A - 40: Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Sunday, April 3rd A - 42: Death Takes No Holiday
Sunday, April 3rd B - 46: SCTV Disco
Saturday, April 9th A - 49: Dining With LaRue
Saturday, April 9th B - 50: The Flaming Turkey
Sunday, April 10th A - 53: Death of a Salesman
Sunday, April 10th B - 54: My Factory, My Self
Saturday, April 16th A – 61: The Sammy Maudlin Show
Saturday, April 16th B - 65: The Irwin Allen Show
Sunday, April 17th A - 66: Big Brother
Sunday, April 17th B - 67: Two Way TV
Saturday, April 30th A – 68: Alpha Channel
Saturday, April 30th B – 69: Midnight Express Special
Sunday, May 1st A - 70: Cartoon Coroner
Sunday, May 1st B - 71: The Mating Game
Saturday, May 7th A - 72:Gene Shalit's America
Saturday, May 7th B – 75: Battle Of The PBS Stars
Sunday, May 8th A - 78: Polynesiantown
Sunday, May 8th B - 80: Lunchtime Street Beef
Saturday, May 14th A - 82: Days Of The Week #1
Saturday, May 14th B - 83: Godfather I
Sunday, May 15th A - 84: Godfather II
Sunday, May 15th B - 86: Days Of The Week #2
Saturday, May 28th A - 89: Days Of The Week #3
Saturday, May 28th B - 92: Days Of The Week #4
Sunday, May 29th A - 93: Great White North: Ian Thomas
Sunday, May 28th B - 94: Rome, Italian Style
Saturday, June 4th A - 96: Days Of The Week #5
Saturday, June 4th B - 97: Rockpile: Roy Orbison
Sunday, June 5th A - 98: Indecent Exposure I
Sunday, June 5th B - 99: Indecent Exposure II
Saturday, June 11th A - 103: Soapy Maxwell
Saturday, June 11th B - 105: Days Of The Week #6
Sunday June 12th A - 106: Sweeps Week I
Sunday, June 13th B - 107: Sweeps Week II
Saturday, June 18th A - 108: Sweeps Week III
Saturday, June 18th B - 110: Days Of The Week #7
Sunday, June 19th A - 112: Moral Majority
Sunday, June 19th B - 113: The Nutty Lab Assistant
Saturday, June 25th A - 114: Days Of The Week #8
Saturday, June 25th B - 117: Dr X
Sunday, June 26th A - 119: Days of the Week #9
Sunday, June 26th B - 120: Towering Inferno I
Saturday, July 2nd A - 121: Towering Inferno II
Saturday, July 2nd B - 122: The Happy Wanderers: Linsk Minyk
Sunday, July 3rd A - 124: Days of the Week #10- Happy Wanderers cut!
Sunday, July 3rd B - 125: Great White North Palace I

I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep track of these things.
I wish Shout! could put out Seasons 1-3 and 6 onto DVD so we can have a
more complete set in better quality.

Lafe