Nick and Censorship...

Curt Stauffer (ITD - exp 9/1/93)

Dec 27, 1992, 5:28:13 PM12/27/92
I know I've heard other complaints before about <&*^%Nick's
double-standard on matters of good taste, but did anybody else get
burned up when they saw the latest teaser for "Pete and Pete" which
consists mostly of (one of the 2) Pete's belching to excess? C'mon
Nick, that's just as obnoxious as R&S and not nearly so funny!!!!!!

[end grumble mode]
--
Curt Stauffer
Emory University, Atlanta, GA

Jim Davis

Dec 30, 1992, 4:19:23 PM12/30/92
In article <1hlalt...@emory.mathcs.emory.edu> cu...@emory.mathcs.emory.edu (Curt Stauffer (ITD - exp 9/1/93)) writes:
>I know I've heard other complaints before about <&*^%Nick's
>double-standard on matters of good taste, but did anybody else get
>burned up when they saw the latest teaser for "Pete and Pete" which
>consists mostly of (one of the 2) Pete's belching to excess? C'mon
>Nick, that's just as obnoxious as R&S and not nearly so funny!!!!!!
>
>[end grumble mode]

No, that's not a teaser for "New Year's Pete", their latest half-hour show.
It's part of a series of short (1-2 minute) spots they've run for several
years. I think there are about a dozen shorts in all. The Belching Pete
one's been shown before, and must be a couple of years old, considering how
short Daniel Tamberelli is. And IMHO, for general, enjoyable, weirdness,
Pete & Pete (and writer Rob McWill, a name R&S credits-watchers might
recognize) haven't been surpassed on Nick!
--
Jim Davis | "No way! I mean, it did? I mean of course it did!
jda...@noao.edu | I mean, NO WAY!" -- Clarissa Darling