Fr. Mulcahy

Elisabeth Wickeri

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99

does anyone know why the actor who played fr. mulcahy in the first episode
was replaced?

--liz.

David Brunt

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
Elisabeth Wickeri wrote in message ...

>does anyone know why the actor who played fr. mulcahy in the first episode
>was replaced?

Probably the same as with any pilot being picked up for a series.

The pilot would have been done months before the go-ahead was made to do more.
The actor was then most likely unavailable, or unwilling to do the series for
some reason. It was a very small part at the start of the series, so perhaps
the incentive to appear as a semi-regular with only a line or two didn't appeal
to him.

I'm sure Larry G will know for certain.

David Brunt

Elsig

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.

For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.

Larry G.

Egbert Hannink

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

Elsig heeft geschreven in bericht
<19990503150427...@ng-cn1.aol.com>...

>George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct
if I'm
>wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.
Wasn't that George Morgan?
Or wasn't that his real name?

~EH~

BFrostii

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
wrong )

You're right, Larry; we will correct you!
My sources say it was George Morgan, too!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Abyssinia,
Bruce.

Elsig

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>My sources say it was George Morgan, too

Morgan, it was.

I stand corrected.

Larry G.

Robert Tukey Jr.

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Elsig wrote:

> George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
> wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.
>
> For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
> I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.
>
> Larry G.

I think it was George *Morgan*--George Mitchell is a Mainer who was the
head of the US Senate for awhile (I know this 'cos I'm a Mainer :) ).

I only know about George Morgan because I saw the pilot for the first
time a couple of weeks ago, and payed attention to the closing credits.

--
Robert Tukey
rtu...@us.ibm.com

M. Emily Cummins

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Rene Auberjonois (if sp, I apologize) played him in the movie and has been
playing Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the past seven years. (Good
actor!)

Emily

: George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm

: wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.

: For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
: I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.

: Larry G.

--

George Washington University | BA '95, Wake Forest University
Political Science Department | "Dear Old Wake Forest,

* * * WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS - 1995 and 1996 ACC CHAMPS !!! * * *