THIS YEARS GIRL(MAJOR SPOILERS)

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Bone

20 Feb 2000, 03:00:0020/02/2000
Space
The
Final
Frontier
These
Are
The
Spaces
That
Will
Allow
You
Not
See
What
You
Do
Not
Want
See

Faith and Buffy are making a bed together. Buffy tells her about how clean
and fresh new linens make things feel. She apologizes when she realizes
Faith is in a coma. Buffy says she has to go. Faith says she something
about her meeting little sister. Don’t know what she meant by this. Blood
drips on the newly made sheets. Faith asks if Buffy will ever pull the
knife out of her as the camera shows the blade in her gut. Buffy pushes it
in harder. The reaction in the dream sequence causes her monitors to beep
faster as we switch to Faith still in a coma.

Xander is trying to repair the blaster, which malfunctioned two episodes
ago. He says he can do it if he had his degree in advanced starship
technology. Willow wants him to start pressing buttons. Giles and Xander
both agree that was a bad idea because of the name blaster. If it were the
orgasmatron Xander says he would be the first to start pressing buttons.

Buffy looks tired after patrolling for 3 straight days looking for Adam.
Giles is about to ask her something when she says that she has to keep
looking. Giles says she might be able to use some backup. She says the
blaster is the entire backup she would need. As Willow suspected, she is
also worried about Riley, as the Initiative would only tell her that he is
ok. Giles seems to think they won’t hurt him but Buffy is still worried, as
Xander zaps himself with the blaster and no one notices.

Riley grabs the scarf and is about to head out as a guard blocks his path.
Forrest gets the guard to stand down and wants to know where he is going.
He wants Riley to stay put but he wants to leave. Graham comes up and asks
if they were all friends to break up the tension. Forrest wants them all to
stay together until things settle down more. He orders Forrest to let him
leave.

Cut to Faith still in a coma. She is dreaming again. She and the mayor are
having a picnic. He goes to get her some dessert as Buffy walks up, slits
his throat and stabs him. Faith runs away.

The gang is looking for Adam and split up. Buffy walks past a demon that
has been laid open and tied up in a tree. (Reminded me of the scene in
Silence of the Lambs when Lector opened up the cop.) Back at Xander’s the
gang are all afraid except for Buffy. She feels she needs Riley’s help to
get him. She starts formulating a plan when Riley walks in. Buffy is glad
to see him. Xander asks if Riley has a chip in his head. He apologizes for
his earlier behavior and Willow says all would be even after they get rid of
Adam. Buffy feels that together they can.

Faith is running from the pursuing Slayer. She runs through a graveyard and
falls in an open grave. Buffy jumps down into the grave. It starts to rain
as a fight we cannot see begins. Faith crawls out of the grave. She
awakens from the coma.

She pulls all the tubes out and starts walking out. She sees a girl looking
for a certain room. Faith asks the girl about graduation and the high
school. She tells Faith that the school is gone. Faith asks about the
date. She tells her and Faith still wants to know what happened. She tells
Faith that the mayor, the principal and some students died. She then wants
to get Faith some help. We next see Faith walking out of the hospital with
the girl’s clothing on her.

Buffy and Riley are at the Dorm. He feels out of place now. He also feels
they are being watched. She wants to help. He says to give him an order
since that is what he does, follow orders. She tells him he doesn’t have to
follow orders anymore. She tells him about her quitting the council and how
it scared her. She got over it he would too. He could either try to change
the system from within or quit. He says if he wasn’t a soldier what would
be left. She says a good man and kisses him. She moves to sit on his lap
and starts playing with his hair and kissing his head. He asks what she was
doing (what!!!!). She says she was looking for brainwashy chips. She says
she would help him kill Adam and he should stop torturing himself. She said
it was an order and kisses him.

At the hospital a nurse is being berated for letting the patient go. The
cops are there also since Faith was a suspect in some earlier murders. The
girl is found stripped and beaten. The doctor and detective go to her. The
nurse calls someone and says,”Its’ happened. Send the team.”
Faith is looking at the destroyed school. She then walks the streets in a
daze not knowing what to do. She then heads to Giles and listens outside a
window to what they are talking about. She sees Buffy with Riley and hears
them talking about Adam. Riley thinks Adam is working off of an autonomic
power system and needs time to charge to full power. Willow thinks that
Walsh left instructions on how to kill it. Since it would be at the
Initiative HQ Giles thinks they couldn’t get it without attacking HQ. Riley
says he would have to. Buffy asks if he is ok with being double-agent guy.
He says he will share any information he gets with them.

Buffy gets a call from someone (?) and informs that gang about Faith.
Xander says this tops all bad timings. Buffy decides to patrol for Adam and
let Faith show herself since she isn’t a low-profile type. IF they caught
her they don’t think turning her over to the police the Council or the
Initiative is a good idea. Buffy thinks she might be out there in a state
of remorse. Xander is wondering whom she is doing. Riley wants to know who
Faith is.

Buffy and Willow are talking the next day. She wants to know how much she
told Riley about Faith. Buffy says that Faith was her wacky cousin from
England who shows up and hi-jinks ensue. She said she did tell him the
truth but left out parts about Angel. Because the cops were looking for
her, Buffy thought that Faith might have left town. As they get to the
bottom of the steps they were descending, Faith turns to greet them.

Faith tells Buffy it was time she got even. Buffy tells her that she had
hoped her down time she would have grown. Faith tells Buffy that she still
thinks she is better than everyone is. Willow tries to Flank Faith while
they are talking. Faith sees her and threatens to take off her are. Buffy
gets Willow to back off. Faith is upset because Buffy nearly killed her
because of Angel and is now with someone else. Buffy tells her she is
talking about thinks she doesn’t understand. A nice fight sequence starts
here. Buffy still seems to be the better of the two fighters. The police
come and Faith runs off after easily dispatching of the two officers. Buffy
gives chase but loses her.

Willow is telling Tara about looking for Faith. She says they can look
during the day and should hide at night. Tara says she isn’t good at
fighting and starts throwing punches to show how bad she is. Willow thinks
she was imitating swimming.

Xander and Giles are out looking for Faith and Adam. Xander wants to talk
about his history with Faith and how he might be the target. Giles is
ignoring him. They here a noise in an ally and investigate. Xander has the
blaster at the ready. It is Spike. Xander asks if he has seen Faith.
Spike tells them that he hates them and will send Faith to get them since he
can’t. He means it. (KILL HIM NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO YOU
FOOLS!!!!)

Three men arrive in a chopper to meet the nurse from the hospital. I think
this season’s real villains have arrived.

Meanwhile Faith is wandering the streets and sees some knives in a shop
window. The cops come by and she mingles with a crowd to elude them. She
splits from the group and goes in an ally. A demon recognizes her and says
he has something from the mayor for her. She kills the demon before it can
give the package to her. She sees it and takes it up to the roof of the
building to avoid the cops again. I don’t know where she is but Faith is
playing a tape left for her by the mayor. On it he says that if she is
playing the tape then he is dead. He tells her that she too will have to
change to escape those that would do her harm and left her something to
help. It is a device that fits in the palm and around the fingers. We are
not told what is does.

Buffy and Riley are discussing Faith. He wants to know everything so he can
help. Buffy is still purposely vague on some points and he knows she is not
telling him something. She says that Faith is crazy and thinks that Buffy
ruined her life. She will go after people that Buffy cares about. Cut to a
knock at a door. It is Buffy’s home in Sunnydale. Joyce opens the door and
it is Faith. She clocks Joyce.

Faith has Joyce in a room on a bed. She is trying on harlot lipstick that
Joyce has. She thinks she can get under Joyce’s skin by telling her that
even though she cares about her daughter, her daughter doesn’t care about
her evidenced by all the mail at Joyce’s house that Buffy never came by to
pick up. She says that Buffy doesn’t even care enough to tell her that a
crazy chick like her was out and could kill her. Buffy crashes through a
window and knocks Faith down. She says hi to Mom and a terrific fight
ensues. They go out of the room fighting as Joyce calls the police.

As the fight is going on Giles returns to his apartment. The lights don’t
work. A man turns on a lamp and says, “Hello, Rupert.”

Again, Buffy seems to be the superior of the two fighters and is kicking
Faith’s butt as sirens are heard. Faith pulls out the gift from the mayor
and places it on her hand. She Grabs Buffy’s hand and a light courses
through them. They both seem a bit dazed when this is over but Buffy gives
Faith a hard blow and knocks her out. Buffy tells her mom that Faith is
the police’s problem now. She has the device and Joyce asks what it was.
Buffy says it is a weapon of some kind that didn't work and smashes it with
her boot. Joyce asks if Buffy is all right. She says yes. 5 by 5. (Faith
and Buffy have switched bodies)

To be continued

Bone

Mike Zeares

20 Feb 2000, 03:00:0020/02/2000
Bone wrote:

> Space
> The
> Final
> Frontier
> These
> Are
> The
> Spaces
> That
> Will
> Allow
> You
> Not
> See
> What
> You
> Do
> Not
> Want
> See

[big-ass snip]

(Faith and Buffy have switched bodies)

> To be continued
>
> Bone

And another old skiffy cliche gets Jossed. This should be interesting.
The outcome is a given. I'm primarily interested in seeing how well
Sarah and Eliza play each other's characters. They have some good
examples to live up to. This week's STARGATE SG-1 also did the
body-switching routine, with Richard Dean Anderson and Christopher Judge
doing a good job. Lucy Lawless and Hudson Leik were also very
impressive back in the second season of XENA. And of course, there was
William Shatner and Sandra Smith in the last episode of STAR TREK, plus
probably other numerous examples (anyone know when this was first used,
either on-screen or in print?). Part 2 should be a lot of fun.

-- Mike Zeares

Bill-

21 Feb 2000, 03:00:0021/02/2000
Like the way you put it.
Kinda like it's from the file of what has become standard dumb plots
that sci-fi shows must do. Have seen it on Xfiles at least once.

Mike Zeares wrote:

> Bone wrote:
> >
> > Space
> > The
> > Final
> > Frontier
> > These
> > Are
> > The
> > Spaces
> > That
> > Will
> > Allow
> > You
> > Not
> > See
> > What
> > You
> > Do
> > Not
> > Want
> > See
>

> [big-ass snip]

> (Faith and Buffy have switched bodies)
> >
> > To be continued
> >
> > Bone

Don Sample

23 Feb 2000, 03:00:0023/02/2000
In article <dIWr4.8269$nu4.6...@news.flash.net>, Bone
<bo...@flash.net> wrote:

> Space
> The
> Final
> Frontier
> These
> Are
> The
> Spaces
> That
> Will
> Allow
> You
> Not
> See
> What
> You
> Do
> Not
> Want
> See

[snip]

> Three men arrive in a chopper to meet the nurse from the hospital. I think
> this season’s real villains have arrived.

Nah, they're just from the CoW.

> As the fight is going on Giles returns to his apartment. The lights don’t
> work. A man turns on a lamp and says, “Hello, Rupert.”

The CoW guys again.

--
Don Sample, dsa...@synapse.net
Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://www.synapse.net/~dsample/BBC

Klyfix

26 Feb 2000, 03:00:0026/02/2000
In article <230220000116597065%dsa...@synapse.net>, Don Sample
<dsa...@synapse.net> writes:

Which doesn't mean that they _aren't_ the real villains.

Probably not, of course.
V. S. Greene : kly...@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...
Eckzylon: http://members.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html
RPG and SF, predictions, philosophy, and other things.