FIC: Exploding Inside

Liz Barr

May 29, 2001, 7:26:16 PM5/29/01
EXPLODING INSIDE
by Liz Barr
May 2001
Xander/Anya
rated [PG-13]

feedback: always appreciated – elizabe...@yahoo.com.au
homepage: http://www.geocities.com/elizabeth_barr/
archive: sure. Just let me know
characters: not mine

uncharacteristically sappy piece … my angst bunny's on holidays.

Google seems eccentric when it comes to formatting. Apologies if this doesn't
work.

By all rights, I should hate you. I mean, if it weren't for you and Willow, I'd have never
come to Sunnydale, and ended up stuck in this twenty-year old body with sharp eyes and a
piercing voice and the dim knowledge of inevitable death.

By all rights, I should hate you. You make peculiar jokes, and obsess about Buffy and
Willow to the point where your *real* girlfriend becomes insecure. You stare at other
women's breasts, and watch television shows about unnaturally beautiful women wearing
impractical, tight clothing.

Once I would have melted your eyeballs just on principle. Instead, you smile at me, and I
feel as if I could explode inside. Something within me expands, and I feel as thought I
could become large enough to embrace the world, even the ugly, smelly parts.

You smile at me, and nothing matters. Willow, Buffy, the other women in the street and
on television, the demons and the pain and the fact that one day we'll both be dead … it
doesn't disappear, but it doesn't scare me any more.

By all rights I should hate you. Instead I love you, and of all the strange things about
being human, that's the strangest.

END

Lejo

May 29, 2001, 7:31:35 PM5/29/01
Word.

Beautifully put and mega-Word.

Oh, by the way...

Word!

Lejo

Yahtzee63

May 29, 2001, 10:12:21 PM5/29/01
Lovely story -- you get Anya's mindset just right. Thanks for sharing.

Yahtzee

Don Bentley

May 29, 2001, 10:50:55 PM5/29/01
Liz Barr wrote:

> EXPLODING INSIDE
> by Liz Barr
> May 2001
> Xander/Anya
> rated [PG-13]

I like any story that treats Anya like a real person.

And I love this one. Yahtzee was right, you have her mindset down to a tee.

Thank you.

Don
--
Where there is no honour, there is no grief.

Yasminke

May 30, 2001, 12:24:45 AM5/30/01
On 30/05/2001 9:26 AM, Liz Barr wrote:

> EXPLODING INSIDE
> by Liz Barr
> May 2001
> Xander/Anya
> rated [PG-13]
>
> feedback: always appreciated – elizabe...@yahoo.com.au
> homepage: http://www.geocities.com/elizabeth_barr/
> archive: sure. Just let me know
> characters: not mine

> uncharacteristically sappy piece … my angst bunny's on holidays.

Oh, but it also was full of witty humor.

I really enjoyed this. If this is your sap, I cannot wait for your angst.

> Google seems eccentric when it comes to formatting. Apologies if this doesn't
> work.

Google is evil.

Jennifer

Elizabeth Barr

May 30, 2001, 3:47:38 AM5/30/01
Hmmph ... try to reply to the group, send a message to an individual.
Sorry -- new email program. What I was trying to way ws that it's
wonderful to post a fic mid-afternoon and find 4 pieces of feedback by
evening. Thankyou for reading. I'm pleased that people liked this, because
I almost didn't sent it at all.
Liz

"Yasminke" <yasm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 30/05/2001 9:26 AM, Liz Barr wrote:
>
> > EXPLODING INSIDE
> > by Liz Barr
> > May 2001
> > Xander/Anya
> > rated [PG-13]
> >

> > feedback: always appreciated - elizabe...@yahoo.com.au

> > homepage: http://www.geocities.com/elizabeth_barr/
> > archive: sure. Just let me know
> > characters: not mine

Thing. And

> > uncharacteristically sappy piece . my angst bunny's on holidays.

Dave

May 30, 2001, 6:06:29 PM5/30/01
In article <21249351.01052...@posting.google.com>,
elizabe...@yahoo.com.au (Liz Barr) writes:

>By all rights I should hate you. Instead I love you, and of all the strange
>things about
>being human, that's the strangest.

This is, I think, the best Anya POV story I've ever read. You got her voice
down perfectly. Yay.

Dave
"Great. Now I'm going to
be stuck with serious