Kat on new tv show

Wanda

Sep 15, 2006, 8:05:26 PM9/15/06
So, when is the Lifetime movie coming? :-)

9/15: Kat on Dr. Keith Ablow 9/18
By Rodney Ho | Friday, September 15, 2006, 01:58 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

On noon Monday on the CW network (used to be the UPN affiliate), Kat McPhee
talks about her struggles on the new "The Dr. Keith Ablow Show."

Here's the press release:

"AMERICAN IDOL" RUNNER-UP KATHARINE MCPHEE REVEALS READING DISORDER AND
STRUGGLES WITH FATHER TO TALK SHOW HOST DR. KEITH ABLOW.

(New York)- In an episode airing on Monday, September 18, 2006 "American
Idol" runner-up Katharine and her sister, Adriana, sit down for an intimate
interview on the new syndicated daytime talk show "The Dr. Keith Ablow
Show."

During this in-depth interview, Katharine reveals to Dr. Keith Ablow her
early childhood struggles including fearing her father and her never before
mentioned reading disorder, which both played a pivotal role in her bout
with Bulimia.

On her learning disability and its connection to her eating disorder: " I
had a reading problem. I had to go through eye therapy for over a year.
About the 7th grade is finally when we realized it was an actual physical
problem. It wasn't.a mental thing. And it was just all these kinds of things
that happen to kids that parents don't know about and that really affect
their self-esteem. So now this little girl grows up thinking that being
beautiful is the only thing that's important. Obviously, I'm going to go
have an eating disorder."

On her father and self-esteem: "You know I think. growing up I was really
fearful of my father.he was the mean, scary producer. now look at him, he's
like the sweetest thing ever. But it took years and years and years to
overcome that. Low self esteem was huge for me, because I was always the
pretty little girl who was stupid." Katherine also admits to having a
"difficult" time in school.

"When people do what you've done, which is to share your pain and the truth
about your life, you change lives," Keith commends Katharine. "In the middle
of the biggest moment of your life. You say let me be human and see if I can
help some people and I think that is amazing.you are our Idol here."

Itoshi

Sep 15, 2006, 8:01:08 PM9/15/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:05:26 GMT, "Wanda" <mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>On her learning disability and its connection to her eating disorder: " I
>had a reading problem. I had to go through eye therapy for over a year.
>About the 7th grade is finally when we realized it was an actual physical
>problem. It wasn't.a mental thing. And it was just all these kinds of things
>that happen to kids that parents don't know about and that really affect
>their self-esteem. So now this little girl grows up thinking that being
>beautiful is the only thing that's important. Obviously, I'm going to go
>have an eating disorder."
>
>On her father and self-esteem: "You know I think. growing up I was really
>fearful of my father.he was the mean, scary producer. now look at him, he's
>like the sweetest thing ever. But it took years and years and years to
>overcome that. Low self esteem was huge for me, because I was always the
>pretty little girl who was stupid." Katherine also admits to having a
>"difficult" time in school.

I am weary of Katharine's sob stories. "My earphone wasn't on. I was sick.
There was something wrong with my eye." It never stops.

Giggles

Sep 15, 2006, 10:52:50 PM9/15/06

"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message

Let's see, she copied the eating disorder thing from half of Hollywood, she
copied the reading disorder thing from Fantasia. Is getting arrested for
beating up her sister far off?

Message has been deleted

KCC

Sep 16, 2006, 2:52:14 PM9/16/06
Or it could be, and I know this isn't nearly as much fun as conspiracy
theories, that she is simply telling the truth and this stuff did happen
to her.

G D

Sep 20, 2006, 5:30:53 AM9/20/06
I agree, KCC. I think it's brave of celebrities to reveal their
frailties to the public. Some will say it's just for publicity ... it
usually happens in the time frame of promoting something, but that is
really only because when you are promoting a product is when the talk
shows want you. Quid pro quo.

But the important thing is that it makes them more human, and their fans
and others in the public might actually be inspired by the overcoming of
such challenges. A "normal" person with similar problems might finally
feel that they have a chance in life and work harder to achieve their
goals. It's all good.

davepa...@hotmail.com

Sep 20, 2006, 8:11:49 AM9/20/06

Yeah - Kath's a regular Mother Teresa;
http://images.popsugar.com/uploads12/katherina.jpg

Itoshi

Sep 20, 2006, 9:13:47 AM9/20/06
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 05:30:53 -0400, Cubb...@webtv.net (G D) wrote:

>I agree, KCC. I think it's brave of celebrities to reveal their
>frailties to the public.

Not when they blame someone else for them, it isn't. There's nothing brave
about blaming your father for your eating disorder.

fmomoon

Sep 20, 2006, 2:01:17 PM9/20/06

<davepa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It looks like fun. I wouldn't mind being her. :) Three cute guys singing
to me?
--
Moni (fmomoon)
War does not determine who is right,

Pidge

Sep 20, 2006, 2:13:07 PM9/20/06

...I'd be more likely to blame her mother....

-------------
To send email, replace "antispam" with "sympatico"

Tom Pelphrey *sniff*
"My hand's been in that box for hours, it's dying!"

Mickey

Oct 11, 2006, 1:38:00 PM10/11/06

I think you've misinterpreted what she said (big surprise, there). She
blames herself, i.e., the way she saw her father for her problem, not
her father. Her self image colored her view of others. This seems fairly
clear if you read the entirety of her comment including her present
assessment of her father as being anything other than intimidating.

Again, this seems to be yet another case of Kat's detractors finding any
excuse, no matter how weak, lame, or contrived, to find fault with her.

The Other Mickey

(I'm back, if only just slightly.)

John Weatherly

Oct 11, 2006, 5:55:14 PM10/11/06
That attention whore is truly pathetic.

fmomoon

Oct 11, 2006, 7:18:21 PM10/11/06

"Mickey" <mickey_a...@nomorephishsbcglobal.net> wrote in message

*waving* Good to see you.

Victor....@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2006, 3:03:15 PM10/12/06

I had almost forgotten how spanktacularly sexy she is.

callen...@yahoo.com

Oct 12, 2006, 3:16:55 PM10/12/06

Is anyone watching "The Nine"? The actress playing the pregnant social
worker looks enough like Katharine to be her sister.

Callen in VA

davepa...@hotmail.com

Oct 13, 2006, 2:02:21 AM10/13/06

Oh great -
"American Idol Runner-Up, Katharine McPhee Announces Surprise Pregnancy
-
Blames her Father!!!"

<gasp!>

> Callen in VA

callen...@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2006, 10:01:37 AM10/13/06

You're going to hell.

Callen in VA (and me too, for laughing at this)