A Final Fairwell

1 view

Warren Peace

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Greetings fellow Rockheads,
It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully report that this will be my
final week posting to the Rock.

Unfortunately, the press of time weighs heavily upon me and I have other
matters with which to attend.

Since July 19, 1996 this newsgroup has been a part of my life and my
family. I met many, many friends here that I really don't want to leave
behind. But alas, I must move on.

I would like to say a special good-bye to my very special friends.
Bonny: The mother of this newsgroup, without whom all of us would never
have gotten together.

Nathan: The father of this newsgroup who will always be remembered by me
as 'The High Commander' and the one who sent the very first post to this
newsgroup.

Calstar: He always went to the tapings and reported the goings on therein
but unfortunately is no longer with us.

Crystal: Who could ever forget 'The Rutherford drive-in'? She was, like,
there and back again.

Bradley: With college behind you, I expect you to make a name for
yourself. Do me proud.

Jen: That crazy 'Shy' Welkshie goddess (who regularly posts fifty-seven
messages a day). Keep smiling and keep postin'. Watch out for stray lambs
and take good care of Petey.

Peter: The man of a dozen names. Every time I tuned in you were another
person. Take care of 'that crazy welkshie', we all love her and wouldn't
want anything to happen to her.

Rastapoodle: Never forget what the Rastafarian sez: 'You gotta Lively up
yourself'. God bless Bob Marley. May he live forever in his music.

Betsy: Keep an eye on this gang and make sure they don't get too crazy
(as if that's possible). Sorry we couldn't work out, babe. Mister right
is out there, ya just gotta fine him. I'll see ya on the other side.

Bella: Your insights into 'the Rock' were always welcome. You are one of
the unsung heroes of this group.

Collegeboy: Get out there and make a name for yourself. You and Bradley
oughtta get together and make a fortune.

All you Lurkers out there: You were half the reason I posted in the first
place. Come on out of the closet and say something. Our bark is much
bigger than our bite and we have no teeth. This is the friendliest
newsgroup on the net.

The Spammers: As security officer I tracked you down and shut you down.
You thought you could hide your identity by merely changing your name.
You were so naïve. On the Internet, you can always be hunted down.
Hopefully, Betsy and Jen will fill these shoes and take you down.

The Quotes: I always loved quoting from 'the Rock' I think I will miss
this the most.

The sound files: I will leave them up for a while but unfortunately, they
will not be updated and will be going away soon.

All the others who made this the best group on the net. You're the reason
this group is here today.

I'm gonna miss you guys. Someday, somewhere, if I cross this path again,
I will stop in just to say 'Hi'.

I will continue to monitor this group until next Saturday, after which I
will be going off line.

But first, I would like to mention the major bylaw to the group as set
down by the originators,
We in this group are devoted to the frank and open discussion of the
merits and faults of Third Rock From the Sun. We do so out of a genuine
interest in, and respect for, the show & its creators. Please DO NOT
flame others for their contrasting opinions or for asking a question
covered here in the FAQ. Instead, please politely & intelligently respond
to their argument or answer their questions and then direct them to the
FAQ. Let us make each other proud with our conduct here. BLK
I feel that this says everything about this newsgroup and I firmly
believe that this is the VERY BEST and LEAST FLAMED group on the entire
gol-darned net.

I would like for Betsy and 'that crazy Welkshie' to take my place as
security officers and hunt down spammers and give 'em what for. I would
also like to see Bradley take over the job of posting the FAQ every now
and then. But of course Brad, Jen and Betsy probably have other matters
to attend to so if this doesn't fit with ya'll's agenda then I'm sure the
group can work it out.

Warren Peace,
Forever a RockHead in War 'N Peace.

One final quote:
Dick: 'Time has no manners, bye now.'

Maybe one or two more. . .

Mary: 'There's nothing else to say but goodbye. Goodbye Dick.'
Dick: 'Goodbye Mary. I'm walking away now. No. No, this is not how it
ends. This has been a long and difficult journey and it will not end this
way. There will be no tepid farewells for us. I need you Mary, your eyes,
your face, your every nook and cranny. Especially your cranny. You are
Mary World, and I love Mary World. It's the happiest place on earth. Come
on Mary, let's take a spin on those teacups.'

Sally: 'Well, this is goodbye then.'
Mary: 'It's just cake and Champaign. He'll be home in a half an hour.'
Sally: 'True.'
Dick: 'So, I'll see you in a half an hour.'
Sally: 'Sounds good.'
Dick: 'Pick up some milk on the way home.'
Sally: 'I will. I promise.'
Tommy: 'I'll be at the mall if you need me.'
Dick: 'Don't stay long. It's a school night and I worry.'
Harry: 'Come to the store Dick. Our coupons are in your car. They've
always been in your car.'
Mary: 'For crying out loud he's just getting married.'
Tommy: 'Well, we gotta go. The store closes at 8:53.'

I'll see ya on the other side.

Bradley Whitmarsh

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
The Big Giant Warren Peace wrote:
> Unfortunately, the press of time weighs heavily upon me and
> I have other matters with which to attend.

Good luck with your other matters.

> I would like to say a special good-bye to my very special
> friends.

Good bye, Warren.

Dick: "Love ya, miss ya, good-bye!"

This whole situation makes me think of the sadder moments on "3rd Rock".
The two that come to mind are, the episode where Sally stands in the
maternity ward, staring at the newborns, commenting on life. Probably the
most emotional scene ever, although it's probably debatable. The other was
the episode where Sally breaks up with Mr. Randell.

Can anyone think of any others?

> I would also like to see Bradley take over the job of posting
> the FAQ every now and then.

I can do that. I was also thinking of creating a semi-permanent "3rd Rock"
sounds page, which is looking like a better idea since your sound page will
be going offline eventually.

> But of course Brad, Jen and Betsy probably have other
> matters to attend to so if this doesn't fit with ya'll's
> agenda then I'm sure the group can work it out.

I feel like some kind of torch is being passed. :-)

Sally: "Proceed boldly, with stealth."

-Brad

--
Bradley Whitmarsh AOL IM: GoldfishBW
E-mail: bra...@110.net ICQ: 11655565

Miguel

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
<cries> Warren, I love you!!!

Love,

Peter Stillman
"The complex arrogance we display to protect one another."
- Mansun.
"Eww, get off me... nerd!"
- Jen.

Taffy3Rock

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Warren writes:

>It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully report that this will be my
>final week posting to the Rock.

<bursts into tears> Warren! Baby! You're leaving us?!! :(

<<Unfortunately, the press of time weighs heavily upon me and I have other
matters with which to attend.>>

It's okay... I can understand that, and the pressures which it brings... but
never forget us... you were our great big cuddly grand-daddy and we're going to
miss you... :(

<<But alas, I must move on.>>

Just remember... if you don't at least stay in touch with us occassionally,
then... um... we will hunt you down, and invade your house, and eat all your
food... quite like unpleasant relatives, really. :)

<<I would like to say a special good-bye to my very special friends.>>

<sniffles> I'm a special friend... I think I'm going to cry...

<<That crazy 'Shy' Welkshie goddess (who regularly posts fifty-seven
messages a day)>>

Hey, I was over-coming the shy-ness, okay?! LOL... :)

<<Keep smiling>>

That shouldn't be a problem, hun. ;)

<<and keep postin'>>

No fear. :) Whatever you leave us to go on and do, make us proud. :)

<<Watch out for stray lambs >>

Oh, in Wales, that's a given... oh, sure, they *look* sweet and innocent, but
you turn your back for a second, the little sods take your house and eat your
children. :)

Um, or something... ;)

<<and take good care of Petey.>>

You mean, like, kill 'im?!! <g>

Veronica: I'm afraid the, er... company... has decided to terminate you.
Sally: Oh my god! You're having me killed?!!

I'll take semi-good care of him. <g> If I was *that* good, I wouldn't be able
to make fun of him. ;) Still, I promise to especially watch out for him when he
gets to Wales, next week... better, babe? :)

<<Take care of 'that crazy welkshie', we all love her and wouldn't
want anything to happen to her.>>

<sniffles> Oh stop it... I don't wanna cry. :(

<<Mister right is out there, ya just gotta fine him.>>

I'd say collegeboy is a high contender, Warren, cariad. :)

<<Our bark is much bigger than our bite and we have no teeth.>>

<woof>

<Jen grins to reveal no teeth... all gums>

See? :)

<<This is the friendliest newsgroup on the net.>>

I'll say. :) I love you guys... :)

<<Hopefully, Betsy and Jen will fill these shoes and take you down.>>

I'll be more than willing to assume position, High Commander. :) I've even
stopped recieving junk-mail to my mailbox, as they all know they'll be
reported. :)

So, taking over the torch would be my honour... :) Just leave us a few
pointers, before you go though, huh, hon? :)

<<The Quotes: I always loved quoting from 'the Rock' I think I will miss
this the most.>>

...And we all loved you quoting, too... :)

<<I'm gonna miss you guys. Someday, somewhere, if I cross this path again,
I will stop in just to say 'Hi'.>>

<sighs> First Nathan, and now this... :(. Just remember to drop by some time...
:)

<<I will continue to monitor this group until next Saturday, after which I
will be going off line.>>

<sobs> I don't want him to go... :( He's Warren! He's our second in command...
he's... uch, this is horrible. :( I can't handle it when people leave us. :(

But, just remember, cariad... I've had to leave twice before, and I've always
come back... ;)

<<But first, I would like to mention the major bylaw to the group as set
down by the originators>>

Something we will always inform people of, if it ever gets too rowdy... in your
honour, if for nothing else. :)

<<I feel that this says everything about this newsgroup and I firmly
believe that this is the VERY BEST and LEAST FLAMED group on the entire
gol-darned net.>>

I guess 3rd Rock just attracts that kind of person... to think we're all united
by one programme... despite being 3000 miles away from each other... ;)

<<I would like for Betsy and 'that crazy Welkshie' to take my place as
security officers and hunt down spammers and give 'em what for.>>

You bet we will, bubbala. :) We'll make you proud...

<<Forever a RockHead in War 'N Peace.>>

...and no-one could ever change that cariad... we're going to miss you... :(

Love Jen "The crazy Welshkie" xxx

"Pinky: Can we make Big Ben play Chopsticks?
Brain: (Sarcastically) Oh, yes, Pinky! And let's make it play John Jacob Jingle
Himer Schmitt!
Pinky: Oh, goody! You read my mind, Brain! (starts dancing) JOHN JACOB JINGLE
HIMER SCHM - (Gets hit by Brain)"

Collegeboy

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Aw, man!
Well, good luck Warren. I hope everything works out. I'll miss ya.

Collegeboy

Bradley Whitmarsh

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Nicole wrote:
> I thought it was sad when Sally and Don broke up in the car in
> the episode where he asked her to marry him.

Yes! Thanks for reminding me of that. I change my vote, that was
definitely the saddest scene on "3rd Rock". I've felt tears in my eyes
during that scene on more than one occasion.

Tommy: "I change my vote to idiocy."

Myself

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Warren wrote:

>Greetings fellow Rockheads,
>It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully report that this will be my
>final week posting to the Rock.

Do you have any idea how much you'll be missed?

>Unfortunately, the press of time weighs heavily upon me and I have other
>matters with which to attend.

I guess we'll have to understand. These things do happen.

>Since July 19, 1996 this newsgroup has been a part of my life and my
>family. I met many, many friends here that I really don't want to leave

To be completely honest with you, I don't want you to leave either. Know this,
though. People should wait to post their first post for about 2 weeks, and I
didn't because you were the one who seemed friendly. You're the reason I
didn't wait.

>Betsy: Keep an eye on this gang and make sure they don't get too crazy
>(as if that's possible).

I confess, I do like when we get crazy. That's the fun of it.

Sorry we couldn't work out, babe. Mister right
>is out there, ya just gotta fine him. I'll see ya on the other side.

I'll find him.

>The Spammers: As security officer I tracked you down and shut you down.
>You thought you could hide your identity by merely changing your name.
>You were so naïve. On the Internet, you can always be hunted down.
>Hopefully, Betsy and Jen will fill these shoes and take you down.

Hopefully Jen and I will be able to fill your shoes. We'll see.

Warren i really don't want you to leave. I will miss you terribly.

Starts to cry. Sob sniffles sniffles.

>I would like for Betsy and 'that crazy Welkshie' to take my place as
>security officers and hunt down spammers and give 'em what for

We'll try Warren - sniff.

Miss you.

Betsy

Nicole

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
You know, all the quoting and trivia and stuff never failed to make me say "At
least I'm not THAT obsessed", only to sigh and admit that I knew all those
quotes and trivia answers too. Not to mention the sound bytes and some very
friendly smileys he once sent me when I was still new on the internet.
I will miss Warren Peace very very super much.
<blows Warren a little kiss>
Or how to take the more emotional tack...

Janet: Oh, don't worry about me. We'll always have Rutherford.
Dick: Goodbye Janet.
Sally: Janet's leaving?! No, Janet don't GOOOO!

-Nicole

Nicole

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Brad said:
>The two that come to mind are, the episode where Sally stands in the
>maternity ward, staring at the newborns, commenting on life. Probably the
>most emotional scene ever, although it's probably debatable. The other was
>the episode where Sally breaks up with Mr. Randell.

I thought it was sad when Sally and Don broke up in the car in the episode

where he asked her to marry him.

Don: You know my number.
Sally: 911.

Okay, that part of it is sort of funny, but still they're crying and he turns
on the siren and everything. It's kinda sad. :(
-Nicole

Slugfish

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
In article <MPG.135cd236...@news.applink.net>, Warren Peace
<Warre...@3Rock.Sol> wrote:

> Greetings fellow Rockheads,
> It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully report that this will be my
> final week posting to the Rock.
>
> Unfortunately, the press of time weighs heavily upon me and I have other
> matters with which to attend.
>
> Since July 19, 1996 this newsgroup has been a part of my life and my
> family. I met many, many friends here that I really don't want to leave
> behind. But alas, I must move on.

<snip>

Dammit Warren, that sucks!

We'll miss you.

--slg.

--
"The other day they asked me about drug testing. I said
I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through

http://www.telepath.com/slugfish

Nicole

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
I said <yes, I've joined the proud ranks of people who reply to their own
posts>:

>Janet: Oh, don't worry about me. We'll always have Rutherford.
>Dick: Goodbye Janet.
>Sally: Janet's leaving?! No, Janet don't GOOOO!

And another thing...

Harry: <about retired Tommy> I'm gonna miss him.... Can I have his job?

-Nicole

Myself

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Nickers wrote:

>I said <yes, I've joined the proud ranks of people who reply to their own
>posts>:

Oh that's nothing to worry about, I've done that. On second thought, maybe it
is. :)

Betsy

Marko

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
In article <MPG.135cd236...@news.applink.net>,
Warre...@3Rock.Sol says...
Hello 3rdrock pepul.
i ben lurkin for sevral weks now and thot i would postmy very 1st post
to a newsgrupe. i love 3rdrock and git it frum the satelite.
you sem to be a gud bunch ov pepul and i was wundrin abote this warren
person. who is he an why is everbodie makin such a fuss cause hes goin
away.? i ben lurkin abot a month know and havnt seeen many post frum him
so i was wundrin whats the big deel.
i hope yu'll escuse me becuse my englis idnt to gud.
Marko
ps my favorit acter is the daddie dik salmon.

Nicole

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
Marko said:
>Hello 3rdrock pepul.

Hello! Glad to see a former lurker!

>i was wundrin abote this warren
>person. who is he an why is everbodie makin such a fuss cause hes goin
>away.? i ben lurkin abot a month know and havnt seeen many post frum him
>so i was wundrin whats the big deel.

Our Warren Peace hasn't been posting very much in the last month. When he was
around, he was famous for posting a long-ass series of quotes of the show every
once and a while.
Other times he posted cool trivia or otherwise displayed his refreshing
inability to distinguish fantasy and reality. :D

Then of course there's his sound byte page -
http://www.applink.net/~warpeace/3rdrock.html

-Nicole