Grinning like a maniac for 3 hours...

Nurannoniel

Apr 13, 2003, 9:10:35 PM4/13/03
I got my first Transformers collectables today at an Antique and Collectors
show. One slightly used HotRod toy that I just figured out how to transform
(slightly complicated thing to someone who's never gotten her hands on
anything that transforms before), second issue of the 1987 Transformers
Universe comics, and a 1988 comic called "Assault of the Savage Seacons!".
HotRod cost $65, and the comics were supposed to be $3 each, but I got them
for half price. Together they cost $68, and like the subject line says I've
been grinning for three hours now.

-Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf
"Choice is the right of all sentient beings. I choose to be insane."

Scific1258

Apr 13, 2003, 9:15:19 PM4/13/03
You got a sweet deal, indeed.

Synch

Apr 13, 2003, 10:18:21 PM4/13/03
Sorry but I fail to see how $63 is a good deal for a hotrod!

Grue

Apr 13, 2003, 10:19:50 PM4/13/03
I felt bad for paying $19 for the reissue.....

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
- Anon

"If you can't dance you f#@k a lot of waitresses."
- Voltaire

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the
Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of
arrogance,Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful
men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

- Chris Rock

-Grue
"Synch" <spamsuck...@fake.com> wrote in message

a Question of Heaven

Apr 13, 2003, 10:33:24 PM4/13/03
sounds like you got ripped off paying $65 bucks for a used Hot Rod.. i
got mine for 35 on eBay

Defensis Prime

Apr 13, 2003, 11:05:35 PM4/13/03
She's HAPPY with her [first ever!] purchase...MUST you poo on her party? :)
--Defensis Prime: Psychotic completist of the Silver Defense team
"...all Transformers should have blinding neon color schemes. Disguise is a
thing of the past..."

Ethan Hammond

Apr 14, 2003, 12:05:16 AM4/14/03
Isn't Hot Rod less than $20 at Toys R Us?

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Nurannoniel

Apr 14, 2003, 12:11:23 AM4/14/03
> Sorry but I fail to see how $63 is a good deal for a hotrod!

I live in Canada. Enough said.

God Mazinger

Apr 14, 2003, 12:54:19 AM4/14/03

"Nurannoniel" wrote...

> I got my first Transformers collectables today at an Antique and
Collectors
> show. One slightly used HotRod toy that I just figured out how to
transform
> (slightly complicated thing to someone who's never gotten her hands on
> anything that transforms before), second issue of the 1987 Transformers
> Universe comics, and a 1988 comic called "Assault of the Savage Seacons!".
> HotRod cost $65, and the comics were supposed to be $3 each, but I got
them
> for half price. Together they cost $68, and like the subject line says
I've
> been grinning for three hours now.

i also got hot rod as my first TF toy too! he's was sooo cool in the movie,
and even though i have other G1 TF toys now, hot rod still is my favorite.

if he needs new stickers, i recommend www.reprolabels.com btw.

> -Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf
> "Choice is the right of all sentient beings. I choose to be insane."

see ya around, Nurannoniel! ^_^

--
shae

Synch

Apr 14, 2003, 1:16:18 AM4/14/03
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:11:23 GMT, "Nurannoniel"
<nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Sorry but I fail to see how $63 is a good deal for a hotrod!
>
>I live in Canada. Enough said.

Not really, so do I & thats a damn crapy price. Hey! I have a buncah
tfs some are junkers/fixerupers though I'll give you a real good deal
on em if you like the price of that hotrod !

Synch

Apr 14, 2003, 1:17:18 AM4/14/03
On 14 Apr 2003 03:05:35 GMT, defens...@aol.commander (Defensis
Prime) wrote:

Point well taken :D

Onslaught Six

Apr 14, 2003, 2:03:16 AM4/14/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<fUnma.717924$Yo4.64...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...
> One slightly used HotRod toy...
<snip>
> HotRod cost $65...

And this was slightly used, missing accessories, and presumably
stickers? Yeesh, did you get ripped! They're selling the reissue at
Toys R Us for like 20 bucks tops, mint and with all accessories and
stickers unapplied (besides the chest, & side flames, but that's
factory junk.). I really feel sorry for you.

EyedocUong

Apr 14, 2003, 3:51:50 AM4/14/03
man, seems like a lot of you have been real negative on her. I'm assuming it's
a G1 original, even if used. NOt the re issue. But I think the G1 is worth
some big dollars boxed, so loose should be worth good bucks too.

Plus, she's happy. a good bunch of responses have been real negative. with a
few positives. Sure, we'd like to keep her educated if she did get really
ripped off, but I think she may have gotten an okay deal.
the comic isn't that easy to find in some areas. Especially in Canada.

Plus I don't believe there are that many female transformers fans as much as
male fans. Oh, I'm sure there are a good bunch tho.

And Hot Rod is cool.
Keep Grinning.

Later.

proto...@hotmail.com

Ethipian

Apr 14, 2003, 4:35:41 AM4/14/03
Hey look at it this way ... she has been grinning for hours obviously VERY
happy cut her some slack, besides maybe her TRU doesn't have any Hotrods I
know mine doesn't (and hasn't had any for a long time)
how many of you sour "you got ripped" people can say that YOU have grinned
for hours??? let her be happy

Dirtyred

Apr 14, 2003, 8:20:26 AM4/14/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ignore the people that put you down for this. Hot Rod rules, and if he was
my first collectible, I would have paid that much for him too I bet. Anyway,
welcome to the online community, and this is a good place to get ideas of
good relative prices for used Transformers. :)

Also, it's always great to see another Canadian here :)

I'm happy to see you here and I'm happy that you're pleased with your
purchase.

a Question of Heaven

Apr 14, 2003, 10:53:05 AM4/14/03
if she paid 65 for a used Hot Rod, god only knows what she will pay for
other TF's next time!!! even though Hot Rod is my favorite TF and
toy(alongside PMOP), he is not worth more than 50 loose w/o
accessories...

im glad shes happy, but if she plans on buying more toys in the future,
we should let her know how much toys are really worth so she doesnt get
ripped off again, thats all

Zobovor the Towel Technician

Apr 14, 2003, 2:07:51 PM4/14/03
"a Question of Heaven" <The_Da...@webtv.net> wrote:

>if she paid 65 for a used Hot Rod, god only knows what she will pay for
>other TF's next time!!!

She'll pay whatever they're worth to her personally, I would imagine.

Orson Christian - Sidecutter

Apr 14, 2003, 3:12:00 PM4/14/03
"Zobovor the Towel Technician" <zob...@aol.com> wrote in message

Did everyone somehow miss the part where she's Canadian? heh. It makes a
difference, after all...

---

Velvet Glove

Apr 14, 2003, 4:42:01 PM4/14/03
>I'm happy to see you here and I'm happy that you're pleased with your
>purchase.

Precisely it... 'Purchase' *not* 'price'. I remember being thrilled
to bits when my boyfriend found his old TF toys, because it was so
nice to *see* Springer again. I don't collect TFs, but I have picked
up numerous things over the years that I had wanted but never had--and
each time, I've grinned like a maniac for hours over them, no matter
what I paid.

Congrats, Nurannoniel! We picked up a reissue Hot Rod recently, but
I'd kind of like to have an original of him.

Velvet Glove, Hot Rod fan since his first appearance in the Ladybird
books wishing for chrome hubcaps...

Summit Wind

Apr 14, 2003, 5:02:45 PM4/14/03

> > Sorry but I fail to see how $63 is a good deal for a hotrod!
>
> I live in Canada. Enough said.

I live in Canada, too. I paid $29.99 Canadian plus taxes for my MISB
Rodimus Major reissue.

--
~Summit Wind

HAIL to the greatest advance in mass miscommunication that is The Internet!

(To contact me, make a VERY obvious change to my email address)

Nurannoniel

Apr 14, 2003, 6:59:33 PM4/14/03
Thanks!

"God Mazinger" <godmaz...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Nurannoniel

Apr 14, 2003, 7:05:55 PM4/14/03
> Ignore the people that put you down for this. Hot Rod rules, and if he was
> my first collectible, I would have paid that much for him too I bet.
Anyway,
> welcome to the online community, and this is a good place to get ideas of
> good relative prices for used Transformers. :)
>
> Also, it's always great to see another Canadian here :)
>
> I'm happy to see you here and I'm happy that you're pleased with your
> purchase.

Thanks! I'm glad there are some nice people here, and Canadians too! ;)
Well, I did find this guy at what was supposed to be an antique show, so I
think he's pretty old, but next time I'll remember to watch out for better
prices. Thanks everyone, even the grouchy people.

Jesterinazz

Apr 14, 2003, 8:48:36 PM4/14/03
>>if she paid 65 for a used Hot Rod, god only knows what she will pay for
>>other TF's next time!!!
>
>She'll pay whatever they're worth to her personally, I would imagine.

Exactly. Who are we to assign a value to what she wants? She's happy,
therefore it was worth every penny she paid. Stop raining on someone elses
parade.

"Everyone has the right to protest. But just because you *can* do a thing,
does not mean you *should* do that thing"----Me

Quag Prime

Apr 14, 2003, 9:28:54 PM4/14/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<fUnma.717924$Yo4.64...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with
here is another Jen One. Nurannoniel is a made up internet Transfan
alias/joke/whatever.

Call me an ass if you wish, but I'm just not buying any of the above
post.

-Quag

Quag Prime

Apr 14, 2003, 9:29:01 PM4/14/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<fUnma.717924$Yo4.64...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...

I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with

Dirtyred

Apr 14, 2003, 9:37:55 PM4/14/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I should mention that I have 2 Hot Rods. A broken original one who's missing
a part and doesn't transform properly, and I have a reissue. Though I
display the reissue, my heart feels for the broken original :s

Zobovor the Towel Technician

Apr 14, 2003, 9:42:07 PM4/14/03
Quag Prime wrote:

>I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with
>here is another Jen One. Nurannoniel is a made up internet Transfan
>alias/joke/whatever.

Yes, any newcomer who demonstrates the slightest iota of enthusiasm for
Transformers is clearly faking it, since we all know that the only *real* fans
are bitter, cynical bastards who can't stand to see people enjoy the hobby.
Here's hoping we can all drive Nurannoniel out of the fandom as quickly and
obnoxiously as possible.

Zobovor...

Sky Shadow

Apr 14, 2003, 10:20:20 PM4/14/03
"Quag Prime" wrote:

> I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with
> here is another Jen One. Nurannoniel is a made up internet Transfan
> alias/joke/whatever.
>
> Call me an ass if you wish, but I'm just not buying any of the above
> post.

a). Okay: "You sir are a ass,plonk....." :)
b). Jen *was* a real internet Transfan.
c). Nurannoniel has done nothing to suggest that she's anything but a real
internet Transfan and her posts in fact suggest the opposite: that she's
(shock! Horror!) a real person.
d). Is it *really* necessary for us to scare away newbies at every
opportunity?

Sky Shadow.
--
'"They've immobilised him somehow," said Cambo, Hosehead's small Nebulan
partner, who had been silent so far.'

From *Autobot Hostage* by John Grant, Ladybird Books.

Defensis Prime

Apr 14, 2003, 10:51:36 PM4/14/03
>I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with here is
another Jen One. Nurannoniel is a made up internet Transfan
alias/joke/whatever.
Call me an ass if you wish, but I'm just not buying any of the above post.

You, sir, are no Prime.

necrotron

Apr 15, 2003, 10:48:54 AM4/15/03

"Quag Prime" <noqua...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Call me an ass if you wish, but I'm just not buying any of the above
> post.

Ass.

necr...@lycos.com

Nurannoniel

Apr 15, 2003, 1:22:22 PM4/15/03
what, you want me to take a picture of my stuff and post it to my site??? I
just happen to be new to G1 stuff, I'm only 15 and my generation is Beast
Wars. I'm excited to get something that has to do with the original series,
and because I've only ever seen the movie and a few episodes it's a big deal
to me. Like I said, you want me to post a picture of my stuff on my site?
I'll gladly do it, that's why I have a digital camera anyways.

Sky Shadow, Defensis Prime, necrotron, thank you. I haven't completely lost
my faith in humanity yet because of you three. And Quag? "Go chew on a
microchip!" Compliments of my comic.

Nurannoniel

Apr 15, 2003, 1:25:10 PM4/15/03
> I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with
> here is another Jen One.
<snip or whatever>

Oh yeah, and who the heck is Jen One? (Sorry I only come in here a couple
times a month usually.)

Thomas Hamann

Apr 15, 2003, 3:15:11 PM4/15/03
noqua...@hotmail.com (Quag Prime) transmitted through the wires of
the web:

>"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<fUnma.717924$Yo4.64...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...
>> I got my first Transformers collectables today at an Antique and Collectors
>> show. One slightly used HotRod toy that I just figured out how to transform
>> (slightly complicated thing to someone who's never gotten her hands on
>> anything that transforms before), second issue of the 1987 Transformers
>> Universe comics, and a 1988 comic called "Assault of the Savage Seacons!".
>> HotRod cost $65, and the comics were supposed to be $3 each, but I got them
>> for half price. Together they cost $68, and like the subject line says I've
>> been grinning for three hours now.
>>
>> -Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf
>> "Choice is the right of all sentient beings. I choose to be insane."

<snip crap>

Is it really needed to double-post this crap?

Thomas Hamann, oh, Quag, let's scare away the newbie with pointless
drivel...

Quag Prime

Apr 15, 2003, 3:19:18 PM4/15/03
"necrotron" <necr...@biteme.spambot.com> wrote in message news:<qZUma.20481$U34....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
Remember Joe, I asked for it!

-Quag

Thomas Hamann

Apr 15, 2003, 3:20:34 PM4/15/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> transmitted through the wires
of the web:
A female Transfan who got impersonated by some other people 'as a
joke'. She left after that.

Thomas Hamann, you can go to Google to check out that debacle...

Merytneith

Apr 15, 2003, 3:32:48 PM4/15/03
Nurannoniel wrote:

> what, you want me to take a picture of my stuff and post it to my site??? I
> just happen to be new to G1 stuff, I'm only 15 and my generation is Beast
> Wars. I'm excited to get something that has to do with the original series,
> and because I've only ever seen the movie and a few episodes it's a big deal
> to me. Like I said, you want me to post a picture of my stuff on my site?
> I'll gladly do it, that's why I have a digital camera anyways.
>
> Sky Shadow, Defensis Prime, necrotron, thank you. I haven't completely lost
> my faith in humanity yet because of you three. And Quag? "Go chew on a
> microchip!" Compliments of my comic.

Please don't let the rude people scare you away.

Primus knows but we need more women on this newsgroup. God
Mazinger and I are tired of holding down the fort all by
ourselves. :)

--Mery, we're planning a rescue expedition to retrieve Bobbi
Carouthers from the jaws of the evil dissertation monster,
but so far we're about nine hundred and ninety-eight
soldiers short of an army. :D

Jimbo: I looked up to you, man... now I don't
believe in nothin' no more! I'm goin' to
LAW SCHOOL!

Homer: NNNNN-NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Gabi T.M. D'Galvatron

Apr 15, 2003, 3:49:17 PM4/15/03
"Nurannoniel" <nuran...@yahoo.com> wrote :

>Together they cost $68, and like the subject line says I've
> been grinning for three hours now.

Congrats !

As for myself ,I've actually noted that the TF toys I buy these days
*don't* make me grin from ear to ear as they used to ... ;
And that saddens me a bit ... , but the good thing is that when I buy
a PVC or a busts (when I can affor them these days) -- well they are
still qouite nifty and fun ! :-)

Welcome to the group Nurannoniel !

-Gabi.

necrotron

Apr 15, 2003, 6:18:48 PM4/15/03

"Quag Prime" <noqua...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Exactly :)

necr...@lycos.com
(twice in fact, but hey.)

thetransformerscollector

Apr 15, 2003, 8:35:17 PM4/15/03
if your happy its a good deal. the originals are better than the reissues,
IMO so its cool that you got an original. The comics are so rare wear I live
id say that's a good deal on those too.

--
thetransformerscollector

Dirtyred

Apr 16, 2003, 12:00:14 AM4/16/03

> what, you want me to take a picture of my stuff and post it to my site???
> just happen to be new to G1 stuff, I'm only 15 and my generation is Beast
> Wars. I'm excited to get something that has to do with the original
series,
> and because I've only ever seen the movie and a few episodes it's a big
deal
> to me. Like I said, you want me to post a picture of my stuff on my site?
> I'll gladly do it, that's why I have a digital camera anyways.
>
> Sky Shadow, Defensis Prime, necrotron, thank you. I haven't completely
lost
> my faith in humanity yet because of you three. And Quag? "Go chew on a
> microchip!" Compliments of my comic.

What about me? What about Dirty? *cries* But in all seriousness, you should
post a pic of your stuff. Not that I doubt you, but because I like seeing
other people's collections :)

Dirtyred

Apr 16, 2003, 12:00:16 AM4/16/03
"Gabi T.M. D'Galvatron" <gabitmdg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Congrats !
>
> As for myself ,I've actually noted that the TF toys I buy these days
> *don't* make me grin from ear to ear as they used to ... ;

I know what you mean. The last toy to make me feel like that was when my
brother got me Black Convoy for Xmas a few years ago. Or was it when he gave
me a G1 Megatron rerelease? Not sure, whichever came last. The next thing
that can make me grin from ear to ear is if I ever find a good working G1
Galvatron or Omega Supreme IF I ever get them for prices that are fair for
me.

> And that saddens me a bit ... , but the good thing is that when I buy
> a PVC or a busts (when I can affor them these days) -- well they are
> still qouite nifty and fun ! :-)
>
> Welcome to the group Nurannoniel !

I have yet to buy a bust, but I've considered a Gi Joe Scarlet bust :p

Gustavo Wombat

Apr 16, 2003, 12:34:25 PM4/16/03
noqua...@hotmail.com (Quag Prime) wrote in message news:<2b1d4f0f.03041...@posting.google.com>...

> I'm going to go on record here and say that what we're dealing with
> here is another Jen One. Nurannoniel is a made up internet Transfan
> alias/joke/whatever.
>
> Call me an ass if you wish, but I'm just not buying any of the above
> post.

I'm going to go on record here and say that I don't believe your name
is really Quag.

I welcome Nurannoniel here, because enthusiastic newbies who can spell
and are not immediately insulting and annoying are a good thing. Even
if she is really a middle aged man who watched every episode of G1 30
times and dresses up in women's clothing when posting, so long as she
stays in character... who cares?

Of course, I don't think her post would have generated so many

Gustavo

Gabi T.M. D'Galvatron

Apr 16, 2003, 12:57:25 PM4/16/03
"Dirtyred" <dirtyredno...@email.address> wrote :

(snipple)

> I should mention that I have 2 Hot Rods. A broken original one who's missing
> a part and doesn't transform properly, and I have a reissue. Though I
> display the reissue, my heart feels for the broken original :s

That's sorta how I feel toward the new Sideswipe re-issue .
The fact is that I coud buy a new shiny re-issue , but where woud that
leave my over tormented and much loved original ? :-)

-Gabi , ... besidse , right now I'm saveing up for a Fireguts Prime
... , 'cause some repaints are just ridiculous enough to make the
"must have" list ... :-p

Nurannoniel

Apr 16, 2003, 3:49:11 PM4/16/03
Thanks... I think.

-Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf
"Choice is the right of all sentient beings. I choose to be insane."

"Gustavo Wombat" <Gustav...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nurannoniel

Apr 16, 2003, 3:52:21 PM4/16/03
> that can make me grin from ear to ear is if I ever find a good working G1
> Galvatron or Omega Supreme IF I ever get them for prices that are fair for
> me.

OO! Too bad you weren't at the same show as me! I think the guy I got my
HotRod from had those, too! Little expensive, though, I think, but he sure
had a lot of stuff.

-Nurannoniel T.I.M.E.

ShadowWing

Apr 16, 2003, 4:25:51 PM4/16/03

"Nurannoniel" wrote
> Thanks... I think.

He was supporting you, but he's a bid weird. Actually, we all are. It's
a prerequisite to being part of alt.toys.transformers. And a lot of fun! :)
So maybe if everyone who believes in Nurannoniels will clap your hands
together...where was I going with this?

And you never really know who's on the other end of keyboard in a
newsgroup or chatroom. For all anyone knows, I could be a 95-year-old woman
who types with her nose because my arms were blown off during WW2. As it
turns out, none of that is the case. Good thing, too. My nose is in bad
enough shape with bad sinuses. :)

| HEROIC AUTOBOT ^ ^ {ShadowWing} |
| AMONG MAXIMALS |()| { transfan} |
| [CYBERTRON] \/ Ż||Ż||Ż||ŻŻ |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż Ż ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|

And for the record, I'm a 29-year-old male with two arms. :)
|Function: /\ /\ str: 7.0|
|Guardian / \ ()/ \ int: 8.5|
|Motto:"One's true / /\ o[]o/\ \ spd: 9.0|
|form lies within." / --o-[]-o-- \ end: 7.0|
|Survivor of every / / / 00 \ \ \rnk: 6.0|
|Transformer war. 00 cor:10.0|
|More information on line ^^ fire:5.4|
|Visit THE TRANSFORMATION ZONE skl: 9.2|
| http://pages.cthome.net/ShadowWing |
|updated 8/16/2002 |
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Dirtyred

Apr 16, 2003, 6:18:55 PM4/16/03

> > that can make me grin from ear to ear is if I ever find a good working
G1
> > Galvatron or Omega Supreme IF I ever get them for prices that are fair
for
> > me.
>
> OO! Too bad you weren't at the same show as me! I think the guy I got my
> HotRod from had those, too! Little expensive, though, I think, but he sure
> had a lot of stuff.

Where in Canada do you live? Alberta?

Nurannoniel

Apr 16, 2003, 9:25:14 PM4/16/03
Yep!

"Dirtyred" <dirtyredno...@email.address> wrote in message

Dirtyred

Apr 17, 2003, 12:03:40 AM4/17/03
> Yep!

I live in BC, on the rock (aka Vancouver Island) and there aren't really any
places that I know of nearby where I can find good used Transformers. ebay
is all I have. :(

Nurannoniel

Apr 17, 2003, 10:11:56 AM4/17/03
> > Yep!
>
> I live in BC, on the rock (aka Vancouver Island) and there aren't really
any
> places that I know of nearby where I can find good used Transformers. ebay
> is all I have. :(

Aw man, that's gotta suck! The island's sure a beautiful place, though.
Hehehe, I guess that means you're even further away from BotCon than I am!

-Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf

Dirtyred

Apr 17, 2003, 5:20:23 PM4/17/03

> > > Yep!
> >
> > I live in BC, on the rock (aka Vancouver Island) and there aren't really
> any
> > places that I know of nearby where I can find good used Transformers.
ebay
> > is all I have. :(
> >

> Aw man, that's gotta suck! The island's sure a beautiful place, though.
> Hehehe, I guess that means you're even further away from BotCon than I am!

Yep. I really wanted to go, but it's hard enough for me to afford to go to
Vancouver, never mind going to the US. And even if I got to botcon, I
couldn't afford to buy anything. Have you been to the island before? I've
been to Alberta really just once, and that was just for a day. I bought
shoes from West Edmonton Mall and was happy because they were expensive and
I didn't have to pay PST. :)

Nurannoniel

Apr 17, 2003, 6:09:39 PM4/17/03
<snip>

> Yep. I really wanted to go, but it's hard enough for me to afford to go to
> Vancouver, never mind going to the US. And even if I got to botcon, I
> couldn't afford to buy anything. Have you been to the island before? I've
> been to Alberta really just once, and that was just for a day. I bought
> shoes from West Edmonton Mall and was happy because they were expensive
and
> I didn't have to pay PST. :)

Gotta love having no PST! I've been to the island a few times. I was at
Bamfield for a week last year for a school field trip. And BotCon would just
be something nice to tour... And to get autographs! lol

Dirtyred

Apr 17, 2003, 6:27:19 PM4/17/03

> <snip>
> > Yep. I really wanted to go, but it's hard enough for me to afford to go
> > Vancouver, never mind going to the US. And even if I got to botcon, I
> > couldn't afford to buy anything. Have you been to the island before?
I've
> > been to Alberta really just once, and that was just for a day. I bought
> > shoes from West Edmonton Mall and was happy because they were expensive
> and
> > I didn't have to pay PST. :)
>
> Gotta love having no PST! I've been to the island a few times. I was at
> Bamfield for a week last year for a school field trip. And BotCon would
just
> be something nice to tour... And to get autographs! lol

I've never heard of Bamfield until now. :s Have you ever been to Campbell
River? That's where I live.

There aren't that many autographs that I'd really want from Botcon, besides
from Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. I have no idea if they're regulars at
Botcon. :s I don't really care for any of the people who worked on RID
(except for MAYBE the guy who did Sharkbytes voice), and I liked Gary Chalk
and David Kaye much more before they did Armada. Oh well. :p

Coltrane's Lament

Apr 17, 2003, 11:44:47 PM4/17/03
Have you tried the bot collector place down in RIchmond? He had *awesome*
stuff back when I lived there, and cheap...

-Coltrane

"Dirtyred" <dirtyredno...@email.address> wrote in message

Nurannoniel

Apr 18, 2003, 12:08:15 AM4/18/03
<snip>

> I've never heard of Bamfield until now. :s Have you ever been to Campbell
> River? That's where I live.
>
> There aren't that many autographs that I'd really want from Botcon,
besides
> from Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. I have no idea if they're regulars at
> Botcon. :s I don't really care for any of the people who worked on RID
> (except for MAYBE the guy who did Sharkbytes voice), and I liked Gary
Chalk
> and David Kaye much more before they did Armada. Oh well. :p

I'm just interested in getting Gary Chalk's autograph. He may not look cute,
but I'm probably one of the larger Optimus Primal fans... at least in the
small BW community I usually hang out with.
Campbell river rings a bell... (oops! no pun intended) but I don't think
I've ever been there. Bamfield's on the far side of the island facing out
towards the ocean. It's just a small marine research facility with a
population of about 100. Pretty nice place, though. Someday I hope to get a
house on the island. Long time away, though.

Dirtyred

Apr 18, 2003, 12:32:59 AM4/18/03
"Coltrane's Lament" <coltranes_REMOVE...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:PwKna.746911$Yo4.71...@news1.calgary.shaw.ca...

> Have you tried the bot collector place down in RIchmond? He had *awesome*
> stuff back when I lived there, and cheap...

No when I lived on the mainland for a short time last year, I forgot all
about checking that place out. :( Oh well.

Dirtyred

Apr 18, 2003, 12:41:01 AM4/18/03

> I'm just interested in getting Gary Chalk's autograph. He may not look
cute,
> but I'm probably one of the larger Optimus Primal fans... at least in the
> small BW community I usually hang out with.
> Campbell river rings a bell... (oops! no pun intended) but I don't think
> I've ever been there. Bamfield's on the far side of the island facing out
> towards the ocean. It's just a small marine research facility with a
> population of about 100. Pretty nice place, though. Someday I hope to get
> house on the island. Long time away, though.

You don't think Gary Chalk looks cute?

Nurannoniel

Apr 18, 2003, 3:08:30 AM4/18/03

> You don't think Gary Chalk looks cute?

With a lack of recent (and good) pictures, I guess I'm biased.

sailor...@yahoo.com

Jun 30, 2017, 7:57:05 PM6/30/17
On Sunday, April 13, 2003 at 11:05:35 PM UTC-4, Defensis Prime wrote:
> She's HAPPY with her [first ever!] purchase...MUST you poo on her party? :)
> --Defensis Prime: Psychotic completist of the Silver Defense team
> "...all Transformers should have blinding neon color schemes. Disguise is a
> thing of the past..."

OK. I realize this was posted more than 14 years ago.
.............Does anyone know where this guy is now, or his wife?
Trying to get in touch with them and they're not answering emails.
Even tried to send a damn letter to the last known address and have got no reply. I am running out of options (and patience).

A simple "we don't want to talk to you" would suffice, but I do kinda need to know this, so I know they're not dead.

Thanks!

Zobovor

Jun 30, 2017, 8:12:46 PM6/30/17
On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 5:57:05 PM UTC-6, sailor...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Does anyone know where this guy is now, or his wife? Trying to get in touch
> with them and they're not answering emails.

Who is it that you're referring to? Defensis Prime? Very few people post here now. This newsgroup is a ghost town.

You could try one of the web-based message boards like seibertron.com or allspark.com. Some of the people from the old days who are still active in the fandom have migrated there.

Zob (does not miss the days of being a Towel Technician)