Secrets of the Original Scripts - season 3, part 1

Chris McFeely

Aug 15, 2004, 1:04:37 PM8/15/04
I've been meaning to sit down and do more of these, but thought it was
about time that I just posted something, so here's what I've got so
far. Not a lot, but a few interesting wee bits.

FIVE FACES OF DARKNESS, PART ONE

As noted in the "Cast List" and "Summary" coverage in another post,
even as late into the proceedings as recording, FFoD was still only
identified as 'Mini-Series: "Day One,"' etc.

Y'know those things the Decepticons scrap like? They're "Slaargs." As
others have noted... what the heck is with the multiple A's in this
show? Teletraan, Chaar...

The Arcadroids are from the "Nalva" system.

As noted in a previous post, that Munka chap's full details are:
"Munka Spanka of the Orgenon Cluster."

Munka?

Spanka?

Orgen?

You gotta wonder.

It's the planet "Thrull," circling "Hydran."

Hrmn. This script has Carbombya as being spelled "Karbomia," but the
"Thief in the Night" script spells it "Carbombya," as it appears on a
marker in the episode itself. To be honest, I think I prefer
"Karbomia"... it's double meaning isn't as in-your-face.

That infamously indistinct line of Fakaddi's is, verbatim: "Yaaah! He
is irrational! How am I to debate with fanaticism?!?"

After Springer says, "We'll nail him on the other side of that
asteroid," the Skuxxoid ISN'T actually saying anything, in case you
thought he was (it's not like he's especially easy to understand). The
noise is given as "Mumbles alien curse/growl."

Surprisingly, it's "Rockeroid," not "Rockaroid."

Both "I say we pulverowderize the Autobots" and "I say we
powderulverize them!" are attributed to Rumble. It's clearly his
voice, but I'd always assumed that he said one, and Frenzy then said
the other.

Despite the fact that Terry McGovern delivers the line, as opposed to
the usual actor, S. Marc Jordan, "I admire your passion," etc, is
indeed attributed to Onslaught, who is animated as speaking the line.

FFOD, PART TWO

Um... nothing. Boo.

FFOD, PART THREE

As previously noted, the Cast List couldn't agree on the spelling of
Marissa's last name, and for her first appearance in the scripts,
she's "Fairborne."

I've always thought, from FFoD, that Flint Dille was rather fond of
Swindle and Dead End, and I think that fact that the scene of the
Decepticons eating is written as:

"Dead End/Swindle/Any Robot: (EATING")

...kinda backs that up. :)

When the Quintessons tell the Decepticons to destroy the Autobots, and
they voice their opinion, I've never been able to hear Dead End say
"Standard operating procedure" amidst all of that, but it's in the
script.

While in the finished episode, the Combaticons merely jerk about and
mumble in response to Onslaught's comment on the defences on
Cybertron, the script called for the actors to ad lib things like:
"Sez you! We'll wipe up the quadrant with 'em! Yeah!"

FFOD, PART FOUR

That line of Swindle's that is apparently cut off by Galvatron's
"price of disloyalty" bit doesn't contain any more in the script than
it does in the show - though the script gives it as "He means one of
their opportunities," while in the show, he appears to be saying "He
means, what other opportunities..."

Despite not being spoken by Roger C. Carmel - and not sounding in the
slightest bit like Motormaster - "Galvatron, you have returned!" is
indeed attributed to the Stunticon leader, who is animated as saying
it.

After Magnus's talk of sloppiness, the following segment is cut:

Rodimus: Speaking of sloppy operations...

Earth TV: (A CACOPHONY, ALL OVERLAPPING) ...back after a word from our
sponsors... in today's headlines... static cling... waxy yellow
buildup... (SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE JOHNNY CARSON THEME)
...hurry on down to Merv Forlosh Motors for a great deal... more!
More! More! ...vegematic... the magic of Zamfir...

Marissa's "Faireborn" in this script.

"Doors closing at midnight!" is attributed to another Junkion, though
Wreck-Gar says it in the episode.

The ancient Autobot leaders are not identified by name, just by the
way they act. They are Ancient Robot, Powerful Robot, Brooding Robot,
Pre-Transformer, New Narrator and U-Haul Robot.

The script confirms the Judge Deliberata did rejoin the other
Quintessons. He is the one who says "-Cybertron will be ours!" at the
end of the episode.

FFOD, PART FIVE

This ep makes up somewhat for the lack of stuff in the last four...

"It will be passing above us soon" is confirmed as being Taligate's
line.

The line, "Where is the transforming cog now?" is spoken by "voice in
static." Interestingly, it is described as "disguised" - it would
appear that this was actually the Quintessons, deliberately trying to
learn the location of the transforming cog.

Marissa's still "Faireborn" in this episode.

Scrapper's line, "What's the point? We're superfluous!" is, VERY
strangely, written in the script as if he was speaking with a Brooklyn
accent, as "Wot's da point? We're supoifulous!" This carries over into
Bonecrusher's next line, as he says Trypticon is going to give the
Autobots "da big stomp."

Once again, Judge Deliberata is specifically stated to be among the
Quintessons - he's the one who says "However, the Decepticons will
make no attempt to stop you," and "-which doesn't exist!" during the
Sharkticon briefing.

A scene is cut during the battle on Io, before Skylynx arrives, in
which Marissa discards her gun, and says, "Energy cell's dead! Face
it, fellas - we're about to become past tense!" Wheelie agrees, with:
"Then Autobot City shares our fate; Metroplex, the late and great."

A line is cut where Skylynx instructs Blurr, Wheelie and Marissa to
disembark so he can fight the Predacons (whereas in the final episode,
it looks like they just decide to run away from the safe cover of
Skylynx's transport module).

As these scripts are just dialogue, with no actions, it's hard to tell
exactly what happens in the battle, but at one point, there seems be a
scene dropped where Predaking appears to claim victory, and revels in
it, saying: "All is silent. All is still. My mission is-" before being
blasted by Skylynx. Incidentally, for the attack screech delivered by
Skylynx right after this line of Predaking's, he is credited as
"Skylynx/Dinoblast," as he was in the one entry on the Cast List.
Other lines seem him credited as "Skylynx - Pterodactyl" and "Skylynx
- Lynx," so logic would dictate that "Dinoblast" is the name for his
combined mode.

When Headstrong says "Razorclaw, come back here!" Skylynx taunts, "Why
don't you go get him?" This line is described as being "half feline,
half bird" - not that it shows in the finished episode, and this
notion of making Skylynx act like an animal was clearly junked after
this episode.

Blitzwing at least TRIES to speak up for himself in the script,
because the lines "They are not our allies! They have deceived you!"
are cut.

Shnerk! The man and woman who talk about Transformers burning out and
busting are identified as "Cornpone" and "Cornpone's Wife."

Although the final scenes of the episode fluctuate in the number of
Quintessons animated, the script does state that there should be four,
with Deliberata among them. He says "Your war is over, Transformers!"
and "We'll never reach the surface alive!"

Blitzing gets another line dropped after his statement about enemies:
"Go now, Galvatron. Don't make me fire."

After Galvatron leaves, Rodimus makes his offer to Blitzing again: "We
really do need all the troops we can get." But this time, Blitzwing
says... "I'll think about it."

THE KILLING JAR

First up, to shatter a previously-accepted belief. The Quintesson in
this episode is *NOT* named Inquirata. He is, in both script and Cast
List, simply "Quintesson Scientist." Both sources go on to reveal that
Inquirata is, in fact, the name of the Quintesson sharing this body
design from "Forever is a Long Time Coming."

As a note, the Quintesson Guard is, predictably, just "Quintesson
Guard."

This is a REALLY pernickety little thing. At one point, the Quintesson
says he contributed to the Autobots' design. Now, on first viewing of
the episode, I thought he meant "Autobot's," referring to Ultra Magnus
specifically, but he could also mean the plural, speaking of the race
in general. The script goes with "Autobot's," but remember that since
this is just a list of dialogue for the recording studio, rather than
the actual full script by the writer himself, that may not have been
the original intent.

The ship that picks Cyclonus up, that's identical to Broadside is
indeed credited in the script as Broadside.

Marissa's "Fairborne" again. And as noted in my last post on the
topic, her dad is just "Civilian" (but identified in the cast list as
Flint).

Nothing else in the rest of this episode, though. Ho-hum.

- - -

More some time in the future. ^^

Chris

Aaron F. Bourque

Aug 15, 2004, 1:16:37 PM8/15/04
From: ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk (Chris McFeely)

>The ancient Autobot leaders are not identified by name, just
>by the way they act. They are Ancient Robot, Powerful
>Robot, Brooding Robot, Pre-Transformer, New Narrator and
>U-Haul Robot.

Aw.

Although U-Haulimus Prime has a certain panache . . .

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque

--
Women supposedly mature at a faster rate than men
If that is true, how come they live so much longer then . . ?

Kil - Michael McCarthy

Aug 15, 2004, 1:32:47 PM8/15/04
Chirs McFeely wrote...

>The ancient Autobot leaders are not identified by name, just by the
>way they act. They are Ancient Robot, Powerful Robot, Brooding Robot,
>Pre-Transformer, New Narrator and U-Haul Robot.

Arise, U-Haulimus Prime!

-Kil
----
Michael "Kil" McCarthy
The Kil File - http://hometown.aol.com/michaelmcc79/index.html
...except soda cans don't scream for mercy!

Aaron F. Bourque

Aug 15, 2004, 1:36:41 PM8/15/04
From: michae...@aol.commscout1 (Kil - Michael
McCarthy)

>Chirs McFeely wrote...
>>The ancient Autobot leaders are not identified by name, just
>>by the way they act. They are Ancient Robot, Powerful
>>Robot, Brooding Robot, Pre-Transformer, New Narrator and
>>U-Haul Robot.
>
>Arise, U-Haulimus Prime!

Copycat.

Michael Morbius

Aug 15, 2004, 8:26:09 PM8/15/04
ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk (Chris McFeely) wrote...

> That infamously indistinct line of Fakaddi's is, verbatim: "Yaaah! He
> is irrational! How am I to debate with fanaticism?!?"

Well, I always thought so. :-)

> Both "I say we pulverowderize the Autobots" and "I say we
> powderulverize them!" are attributed to Rumble. It's clearly his
> voice, but I'd always assumed that he said one, and Frenzy then said
> the other.

I thought it was "We'll pulverize the Autobots. We'll
pulver-*ulver*-ize them!" (I should re-watch "FFOD.")

> More some time in the future. ^^

Good. :-)

MM/FW

The Wombat King

Aug 19, 2004, 2:18:39 PM8/19/04

"Chris McFeely" <ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've been meaning to sit down and do more of these, but thought it was
> about time that I just posted something, so here's what I've got so
> far. Not a lot, but a few interesting wee bits.
> - - -
>
> More some time in the future. ^^
>
> Chris

I don't post a lot here anymore, but I do love reading these. Can't wait to
see more.

WK
There's probably more people that appreciate this kind of stuff, but sit
silent.