Revenge of the Fallen Hits Walmart on May 29th

Zobovor

Jan 5, 2009, 5:53:08 PM1/5/09
Here's an excerpt from the Walmart 2009 Toys Spring Modular Guide:

*Action Figures is a "win" category for the toy department. Sales for
Spring and Summer 2009 will be driven pirmarily off the new Hollywood
movies coming to the big screen. Listed below are theatrical release
dates which will affect the action figure category and the toy
department:

○ May 1 - Wolverine (new Marvel movie)
○ May 8 - Star Trek
○ May 22nd - Terminator 4
○ June 26th - Transformers 2
○ August 7th - GI Joe

*We will do two mod updates during the season to introduce a couple of
the above properties. On March 9, we will do an update to incorporate
of the [sic] new Wolverine toys from Hasbro. Then on May 29th, we
will do a second update to bring in all of the new Transformers 2 toys
to support the movie release.

*Transformers will be far and away the largest action figure license
for the year. On May 29th, when we do the mod update, we will
dedicate major space on our action figure modular to support this
movie event.

Zob

Victoryleo

Jan 5, 2009, 10:40:49 PM1/5/09
sweet

Thunder Strikes Twice!

Jan 5, 2009, 11:09:37 PM1/5/09
Just more toys I won't be buying... but that's okay. I have too many
anyway. :)

t.k.

Silvershot

Jan 6, 2009, 2:40:06 AM1/6/09

Many thanks for the info, Zob! Now if there was only a way to pinpoint
when my local Walmarts will receive the new animated wave . . . haven't
seen them yet :(

-Silvershot

Onslaught Six

Jan 6, 2009, 8:54:08 AM1/6/09

Do what I did with Universe and pinpoint when they get their shipments
in. I happen to be a college student with an anime club that runs
until, like, 11 at night, so it's usually no big stretch for me to
head to Wal-Mart at midnight or 1 AM and see them stocking the
shelves. Turns out they stock Thursdays at that one, so.

Of course, I usually end up checking every day, because I pass the
thing on my way home, so.

Silvershot

Jan 6, 2009, 2:56:46 PM1/6/09

Thanks. That used to be my MO - I used to hit Walmart between midnight
and 2am (especially in my college days) just to get the shipments,
especially back in the 90s for the Star Wars toys.

Now I have 2 kids (a 1 year old and a newborn) and it just doesn't work
like that anymore :( Especially since where I live, the closest
Walmart is about 15-20 minutes away, not down the street like it used to be.

-Silvershot