Who are those?

Supremus

Jun 6, 2001, 10:09:14 AM6/6/01
See them here:

http://www.bridge.ne.jp/~probrave/brave/eldran.htm

then go to the three links.

Are they part of the Brave Series? Any clue?

Thanks,

Supremus

Ramen Junkie: Descendant of the Shinobi

Jun 6, 2001, 1:15:01 PM6/6/01
Supremus wrote in message
<3970175e.01060...@posting.google.com>...

>See them here:
>
>http://www.bridge.ne.jp/~probrave/brave/eldran.htm
>
>then go to the three links.
>
>Are they part of the Brave Series? Any clue?

Ohh... I have no idea what thye are from but I have a knockoff of the first
one.

A really crappy stripped down knockoff it looks like from the pictures. The
Lion/Eagle/Robot combine but not nearly like that one.

Douglas W. Dlin

Jun 6, 2001, 1:50:13 PM6/6/01
Supremus wrote:

> See them here:
>
> http://www.bridge.ne.jp/~probrave/brave/eldran.htm
>
> then go to the three links.
>
> Are they part of the Brave Series? Any clue?

No, they're part of the Eldran series. :-) Seriously, this was a set of
three semi-related series (not much inter-series continuity, save for
one recurring character and one cameo in one series by the team from the
previous one) which centered on the theme of Eldran, an ancient energy
being/protector of Earth, who would grant a group of kids (who represent
Earth's future and are more open to such things) power to control his
giant robotic creations to defend our world from some outside menace.
The toys for each series were produced by Tomy, and while decently done,
their biggest flaw in comparison to Takara's contemporary Brave series
toys is that they tended to have a good amount of extra pieces left over
when combined. :-)

The three series, in order, are ABSOLUTELY INVINCIBLE RAIJIN-OH,
LIFE-FORCE EXPLOSION GANBARUGAR, and ULTIMATE EXCITEMENT (or
HOT-BLOODEDNESS, more literally) GOSAURER.

For RAIJIN-OH, you had a whole 4th-grade class controlling the robots'
various systems, though only three of them were the actual pilots. The
mecha in question are:

Ken-Oh (Sword King)--The only Eldran mech to be humanoid when
uncombined. Forms Raijin-Oh's torso.

Hoh-oh (Phoenix King)--Forms Raijin-Oh's upper body, with the tail
becoming a sword.

Juu-oh (Beast King)--Forms Raijin-Oh's legs, with the head becoming a shield.

These three combine to form Raijin-Oh (Thunder God King).

Bakuryu-oh (ExploDragon King)--Independently changes into a robot. Has
no pilot in the show, but is remotely operated by a couple of the kids
from their base. Tail becomes a bazooka.

Bakyryu-oh and Raijin-oh combine into God Raijin-oh.

In GANBARUGAR (from "ganbaru," "to do (one's) best"), three kids
accidentally release an ancient demon's minion who then strives to free
his master. Eldran gives the three control over Ganbarugar and its
support mechs, reconfiguring whole sections of their city to serve as
secret launch sites for them.

Go-Tiger--Becomes a robot on its own or forms Ganbarugar's torso. Tail
becomes a sword.

Mach Eagle--Becomes a robot on its own or f orms Ganbarugar's upper
body. Tail becomes a bow/gun.

King Elephan--Becomes a robot on its own or f orms Ganbarugar's legs.
Head becomes shield. No, there's not supposed to be a "t" at the end of
its name.

Revolgar--Winged blue lion that forms a giant cannon (Revolbuster) or
parts of Great Ganbarugar, as well as becoming a robot on its own.
Named for the revolver-like firing mechanism in its robot head. Once
discovered, piloted by King Elephan's pilot while the first three robots
are combined.

Gekiryugar--Chunky red dragon ("gekiryu" = "attack dragon") that becomes
a robot or parts of Great Ganbarugar. Once discovered, piloted by Mach
Eagle's pilot while the first three robots are combined.

Great Ganbarugar is the combination of the above five. The toy is
ENORMOUS for this line--at least chest-high to Fort Max. It's only
points of articulation are the elbows, though. :-)

In GOSAURER, the Earth is menaced by the Mechanization Empire, which is
out to transform all organic or even rocky worlds into conglomerations
of metal plates, gears and such--a bit like Cybertron, only with more of
a clockwork feel. :-) Eldran gives his power to a whole school class
again, but this time, instead of having the robots launch from a school
base, most of the school itself transforms into one of their combined
modes. The hallways and such shift and provide travel routes to the
control center or outside in a manner similar to the interior of the
TARDIS--that is, the interior is larger and more complex than the
outside would suggest.

Mach Ptera--Mechanical pteranodon that becomes Gosaurer's wings, arms
and back.

Land Stego--Stegosaurus that becomes Gosaurer's head, central torso and
shield (from the backplates).

Thunder Brachio--Brachiosaurus that becomes Gosaurer's hips and legs.

All three combine into either Gosaurer or the Saurer Jet, which is the
form the initially take when the school changes to launch.

Magnatyranno--Tyrannosaurus that becomes Magnasaurer robot or
Magnabuster double cannons, which can attach to Gosaurer or the Saurer Jet.

Grantops--Triceratops that becomes Granjet plane or Gransaurer robot.

All five combine to become King Gosaurer, which is the shortest of the
mega-robots in the Eldran series, but still looks darned impressive. :-)

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Supremus

Jun 7, 2001, 9:54:49 AM6/7/01
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message news:<3B1E6D55...@texas.net>...

Awww... my... head...

Thanks... Doug (I think)

Supremus

Douglas W. Dlin

Jun 7, 2001, 3:13:37 PM6/7/01
On Jun. 7, 2001, Supremus wrote:

[big ol' snip]

> Awww... my... head...

Sorry, guess I should've issued a warning or something. You probably
could've saved some of the pain by not quoting my whole post in your
response, though. ;-)

> Thanks... Doug (I think)

De nada. Shall I email you some aspirin?

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Jackpot

Jun 7, 2001, 7:16:02 PM6/7/01
"Douglas W. Dlin" <ap...@texas.net> wrote in message news:<3B1E6D55...@texas.net>...

> The three series, in order, are ABSOLUTELY INVINCIBLE RAIJIN-OH,

Well, that just kills the dramatic tension, doesn't it?

"Ha-HA! The Super Power Crystals of Power will be mine forever once I
defeat.... aw hell, it HAD to be Raijin-Oh. A-freakin'-gain."

> ULTIMATE EXCITEMENT

Pretty soon they're going to have to come up with a new word for
"better than anything else in the history of the world."

This reminds me of an old commercial for the first G.I. Joe
miniseries. "The greatest adventure EVER!" was the tagline. Not just
the greatest G.I. Joe adventure, mind you, but even the Iliad and the
Odyssey take back-seat.

> (or HOT-BLOODEDNESS, more literally) GOSAURER.

Check it and see. I got a fever of a hundred and three.

- Jackpot (who does less than dance)