Power Core Combiners in Walmart Computers (and More)

Zobovor

Jun 10, 2010, 8:18:53 PM6/10/10
The timing seemed about right for Walmart to update their computers
with some new inventory, so I checked today and, sure enough, there
was a whole mess of stuff in there I hadn't seen before. I have no
idea if any of this is actually news or not, so apologies in advance
if everybody knows about all of this already.

TRA LEGENDS AST ($4.97)

TRA LEGENDS RAVAGE (UPC 6-53569-49452)
TRA LEGENDS RAMPAGE (UPC 6-53569-49087)
FIREBURST OPTIMUS P (UPC 6-53569-49088)
CYBERFIRE BUMBLEBEE (UPC 6-53569-49089)
TRA TRACKER HOUND (UPC 6-53569-49455)
TRA LEGENDS LONGHAU (UPC 6-53569-49454)
TRA LEGEND SANSTOR (UPC 6-53569-49994)
TRA LEGENDS OVERRID (UPC 6-53569-49457)
TRA LGND TURNER SKI (UPC 6-53569-49995)
TRA LGND DUSTSTORM (UPC 6-53569-49994)

(Notes: Clever how Hasbro has coined the phrase "Tracker Hound" to get
around the usual trademark problems, sort of like when they'd assign
names to G.I. Joe toys like "Agent Scarlett." I'd like to see more of
this.)

TRA SCOUT ASST ($7.44)

TRA SCOUT HUBCAP (UPC 6-53569-49287)
TRA SCOUT BRIMSTONE (UPC 6-53569-49290)
TRA SCOUT CRANKSTAR (UPC 6-53569-49292)
TRA SCOUT BACKFIRE (UPC 6-53569-49293)
TRA SCOUT OIL PAN (UPC 6-53569-50323)
TRA SCOUT BREACHER (UPC 6-53569-50322)
TRA SCOUT INSECTICO (UPC 6-53569-50321)
TRA SCOUT FIRETRAP (UPC 6-53569-50329)
TRA SCOUT SUNSPOT (UPC 6-53569-50328)

TRA COMBINER 2PK AST ($9.97)

HUFFER W/ CALIBURST (UPC 6-53569-49748)
SMOLDER W/ CHOPSTER (UPC 6-53569-49351)
SEARCHLIGHT W/ BACKWIN (UPC 6-53569-49352)
SLEDGE W/ THROTTLER (UPC 6-53569-50331)
LEADFOOT W/ PINPOIN (UPC 6-53569-50333)
ICE PICK W/ CHAINCLA (UPC 6-53569-50344)
TRA STEELSHOT W/ BEA (UPC 6-53569-51651)
TRA WINDBURN W/ DARK (UPC 6-53569-51653)
TRA DARKSTREAM W/RA (UPC 6-53569-51654)

(Notes: There seems to be a healthy mix of all-new names and some
older names that haven't been completely recycled to death. Whoever
thought we'd get new toys named Chainclaw or Icepick?)

STEALTH FORCE ($9.97)

STEALTH FCE BUMBLEBE (UPC 6-53569-48942)
STEALTH FORCE HOUND (UPC 6-53569-48947)
STEALTH FCE SILVER (UPC 6-53569-48946)
STEALTH FCE BARRCAD (UPC 6-53569-52162)
STEALTH FCE SOUNDWA (UPC 6-53569-48943)

(Notes: These are, I believe, the large-scale RPM vehicles with the
deploying weapons and such.)

TRA DELUXE GENERATI ($11.88)

TRA DX CYB BUMBLEBE (UPC 6-53569-49304)
TRA DX CYB OPT PRIM (UPC 6-53569-49314)
TRA DX AUTOBOT DRIF (UPC 6-53569-49316)
TRA DX GEN THRUST (UPC 6-53569-49318)
TRA DX GEN MEGATRON (UPC 6-53569-50341)
TRA DX GEN DARKMOUN (UPC 6-53569-50342)
TRA DX GEN SOUNDWAV (UPC 6-53569-51655)
TRA DX GEN RED ALER (UPC 6-53569-51656)
TRA GEN DIRGE (UPC 6-53569-51657)
TRA DX GEN BLURR (UPC 6-53569-51659)

(Notes: Yay! Classics-style versions of both Thrust and Dirge that
won't cost a bazillion dollars!)

TRA VOYAGER AST ($19.97)

TRA VOYAGER SEASPRA (UPC 6-53569-50293)
TRA VOY ATBT RATCHE (UPC 6-53569-50294)
TRA VOYAGER PAYLOAD (UPC 6-53569-50269)
TRA VOYAGER LUGNUT (UPC 6-53569-583)
TRA VOYAGER GRAPPEL [sic] (UPC 6-53569-55834)
TRA VOYAGER STRAFE (UPC 6-53569-55835)
TRA BB OPTIMUS PRIM (UPC 6-53569-50343)
TRA DCPTCN BANZITRO (UPC 6-53569-50344)
TRA TWIN BOOM FIGHT (UPC 6-53569-51660)
TRA VOY THE FALLEN (UPC 6-53569-51661)

(Notes: Another version of The Fallen? Really, Hasbro? Also, I feel
sorry for poor Grappel. That Auotbot gets his name misspelled all the
time...)

TRA 5PK COMBINATION ($19.00)

COMBINER AERIALBOTS (UPC 6-53569-49208)
COMBINER COMBATICON (UPC 6-53569-49210)
DESTRCTCON MUDSLING (UPC 6-53569-50346)
RALLYBOTS DBL CLUTC (UPC 6-53569-50345)
COMBNTN PROTECTOBOT (UPC 6-53569-51662)
COMBINATN STUNTICON (UPC 6-53569-51663)

(Notes: I love the name "Rallybots." It's the first new traditional
G1-style subgroup name since, like, 1988.)

CYBER OPS BUMBLEBEE (UPC 6-53569-49322; retail $59.96)

I know I saw some listings for other Revenge of the Fallen toys like
Sea Attack Ravage, but I must have neglected to write those down.
I'll have to get those tomorrow.

Zob

TigerMegatron

Jun 11, 2010, 2:33:04 AM6/11/10
Zob,thanks for all thev info.

there appears to be new listings most have never heard of before in
every assortment category.

5 Pack protectobot & 5 Pack stunticons seems interesting. hopefully
there new molds & not mixed repaints.

These 2 PCC 2 packs seem interesting:
TRA STEELSHOT W/ BEA, TRA WINDBURN W/ DARK, TRA DARKSTREAM W/RA

Hasbro reps via the TCC fan club magazine promised 9 PCC combiners & 6
pcc 5packs. it appears we've got all the names now. It's kinda a
shame I was hoping/praying for animal/bot PCC combiners like
predaking,abonimus & dinobots.

those 3 new names for the TF voyager assortments is interesting: twin
boom flight,strafe & lugnut. my gut feeling tells me lugnut is a
animated repaint. hopefully strafe & twin boom flight are 100% new
molds.

obviously that grapple in the voyager assortment is a repainted
+retooled toy using the 2.0 inferno mold.

generations deluxe dirge was a nice surprise. i've decided these molds
are superior than the diaclone ones & are better toys represenatives
for the characters.

cyber ops bumblebee i'm on the fence about. if i get it,i'll sell the
ultimate bumblebee.
it all depends which toy has the more alternator style car interior &
other car parts thst look more realistic.

I won't be buying any WFC,NO stealth force. won't be buying any
basics. no repaints.

Zobovor

Jun 11, 2010, 8:42:57 AM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 12:33 am, TigerMegatron <TigerMegat...@aol.com> wrote:

> obviously that grapple in the voyager assortment is a repainted
> +retooled toy using the 2.0 inferno mold.

I would like to see that, too. Of the two, I've always liked Grapple
better, anyway. (Never was into fire trucks like most boys, at least
not that I can recall. Cranes, on the other hand...construction
cranes are always cool.)

> generations deluxe dirge was a nice surprise. i've decided these molds
> are superior than the diaclone ones & are better toys represenatives
> for the characters.

I'm rather partial to them, myself. My collection will be woefully
incomplete without Thundercracker, however. Get on that one next,
please, Hasbro. Thank you.

Zob

MWG

Jun 11, 2010, 8:56:44 AM6/11/10
On Jun 10, 7:18 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> TRA SCOUT INSECTICO (UPC 6-53569-50321)

This one stands out to me since the name implies it has to be an
insect alt-mode. I think Generations is confined to the deluxe scale
only? But scout size Insecticon homages would be sweet.

Octopus Monger

Jun 11, 2010, 12:12:57 PM6/11/10

Octopus Monger

Jun 11, 2010, 12:25:25 PM6/11/10
On Jun 10, 5:18 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> TRA BB OPTIMUS PRIM (UPC 6-53569-50343)
> TRA TWIN BOOM FIGHT (UPC 6-53569-51660)

Cor! What's all this then? 2-packs tucked in Voyager boxes, like a
pair of joeys in a kangaroos pouch?

Twin Boom Fight might just be Deluxe Skids and Flapper, but if BB
OPTIMUS PRIM is Bumbles and Optimus, that's a new mold dainty prime.

Course, if it's "Blimey Bee Optimus Prime" I'd be on that like a
mantis on a butterfly. Even sell my girlfriend's kidney to get the
quids and crowns for that. Wot? She's got two, and she barely uses
them!

M0ng3r

...also known as Thunder

Jun 11, 2010, 2:13:02 PM6/11/10
Zobovor wrote:
> (Notes: Yay! Classics-style versions of both Thrust and Dirge that
> won't cost a bazillion dollars!)

Red Alert and Dirge? Yay! :)

t.k.

TigerMegatron

Jun 11, 2010, 1:24:37 PM6/11/10
Octopus Monger wrote: "TRA BB OPTIMUS PRIM (UPC 6-53569-50343),TRA

TWIN BOOM FIGHT (UPC 6-53569-51660)"

The first one is obviously battle blades optimus prime. which is the
leader sized design shrunk down to voyager size.

The second one,I'm so hoping/praying is a 100% new mold voyager.
personally i'd love to see a UPDATED homage mold for G-1 Twintwist.

Zobovor

Jun 11, 2010, 1:25:57 PM6/11/10
On Jun 10, 6:18 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> I know I saw some listings for other Revenge of the Fallen toys like
> Sea Attack Ravage, but I must have neglected to write those down.
> I'll have to get those tomorrow.

Here we go.

TRANSFORMER DLX ASST ($11.88)

TRA DLX IRONHIDE (UPC 6-53569-49294)
TRA BLADE BUMBLEBEE (UPC 6-53569-49300)
TRA SEA ATK RAVAGE (UPC 6-53569-49302)
TRA DELUXE JETBLADE (UPC 6-53569-49303)
TRA DELUXE AXOR [sic] (UPC 6-53569-51643)
TRA RESCUE RATCHET (UPC 6-53569-51646)
TRA DLX HAILSTORM (UPC 6-53569-50338)
TRA DLX ELITA-1 (UPC 6-53569-5039)
SIDEARM SIDESWIPE (UPC 6-53569-50337)
TRA DLX TOMAHAWK (UPC 6-53569-51638)
TRA DLX TERRADIVE (UPC 6-53569-51639)
TRA DLX ELEC JOLT (UPC 6-53569-51641)
TRA DLX TURNER SKID (UPC 6-53569-50340)

(Notes: I suspect that "Turner Skids" is actually Tuner Skids, a
redeco to go along with that horrible Tuner Mudflap pegwarmer. I'm
hoping Elita-1 will come with instructions to combine her with the
other two motorcycle chicks. Also, Hasbro totally stole the name
Hailstorm from me.)

STEALTH DLX ASST ($14.88)

STEALTH DLX MEGATRON (UPC 6-53569-49030)
STEALTH DLX GEARS (UPC 6-53569-49027)
STEALTH DLX INFERNO (UPC 6-53569-51369)

(Notes: "Deluxe" in this context appears to mean "bigger than the
regular Stealth Force," judging by the price point.)

I also found some mystery listings that don't seem to be currently
identified as part of an assortment:

TRA BRAWL JOLT (UPC 6-53569-53768)
TRA BUMLBEBE GRINDO (UPC 6-53569-53773)

(Notes: I forgot to write down the price on these. They sound like 2-
packs, obviously, but of what size toys? Brawl and Jolt were both
Deluxe toys, but Grindor was a Voyager, so I don't think these are the
same movie toys. Either they're reassigning names or they're
different toys of the movie characters.)

Also:

SIDESWIPE (UPC 6-53569-52159)
AUOTBOT [sic] JAZZ (UPC 6-53569-50368)

(Notes: The price point on these is $29.96 so I suspect they are Human
Alliance toys, but I'm not sure. I mean, why would Sideswipe reship
instead of, say, Bumblebee? Also, the misspelling of "Autobot" is
probably not Hasbro's fault this time, since somebody at the Walmart
home office just keys in the information that's provided to them by
Hasbro. I will never stop teasing them about printing the name
"Auotbot Grapple" on official Transformers packaging, though. That's
just sloppy and careless.)

Zob

Zobovor

Jun 11, 2010, 1:40:52 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 10:25 am, Octopus Monger <octopus.mon...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Twin Boom Fight might just be Deluxe Skids and Flapper, but if BB
> OPTIMUS PRIM is Bumbles and Optimus, that's a new mold dainty prime.

In my mind I parsed the "BB" as "Battle Blade," but you could be
right, especially since the other one in the assortment is evidently a
2-pack as well.

> Course, if it's "Blimey Bee Optimus Prime" I'd be on that like a
> mantis on a butterfly.

If you could wangle that somehow, it would be the dog's bollocks.

Zob

Onslaught Six

Jun 11, 2010, 3:24:21 PM6/11/10
On Jun 10, 8:18 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> (Notes: Clever how Hasbro has coined the phrase "Tracker Hound" to get
> around the usual trademark problems, sort of like when they'd assign
> names to G.I. Joe toys like "Agent Scarlett."  I'd like to see more of
> this.)

I dunno if anyone else mentioned this, but I don't think that's what's
going on here. I seem to remember seeing a Legends Hound repaint due
out in the fall, literally called Tracker Hound (in the manner of,
say, Rescue Ratchet)--meaning it's an alternate colour scheme for an
existing character, and not a new way to avoid/keep trademarks.

> TRA SCOUT HUBCAP (UPC 6-53569-49287)
> TRA SCOUT BRIMSTONE (UPC 6-53569-49290)
> TRA SCOUT CRANKSTAR (UPC 6-53569-49292)
> TRA SCOUT BACKFIRE (UPC 6-53569-49293)
> TRA SCOUT OIL PAN (UPC 6-53569-50323)
> TRA SCOUT BREACHER (UPC 6-53569-50322)
> TRA SCOUT INSECTICO (UPC 6-53569-50321)
> TRA SCOUT FIRETRAP (UPC 6-53569-50329)
> TRA SCOUT SUNSPOT (UPC 6-53569-50328)

I think Firetrap and Sunspot are new to me. Breacher too, possibly. I
haven't been keeping up, there's a few too many repaints of the poor
Basics these days.

> (Notes: There seems to be a healthy mix of all-new names and some
> older names that haven't been completely recycled to death.  Whoever
> thought we'd get new toys named Chainclaw or Icepick?)

Indeed. In fact, the first movie kinda did this as well, what with
Barricade and Blackout and such. Sure, they were names that got used
in Energon...but nobody cared about 'those' guys.

> (Notes:  Yay!  Classics-style versions of both Thrust and Dirge that
> won't cost a bazillion dollars!)

I think this is the first we've heard of Dirge. Thrust, we'd seen pics
of, it's the Henkei version with different paint. Wondering if Dirge
will actually use the Henkei mould, or if he'll be a repaint of
Thrust... Blurr was confirmed, he's a Drift repaint.

> (Notes: Another version of The Fallen?  Really, Hasbro?  Also, I feel
> sorry for poor Grappel.  That Auotbot gets his name misspelled all the
> time...)

Ooh, Grapple. I was hoping he was one they'd get around to last time.
I suppose we'll have to wait for Botcon to do Artfire, though. Damn.
Dunno who Strafe is, first I've heard we're getting someone new with
the name.

Onslaught Six

Jun 11, 2010, 3:28:09 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 1:25 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> (Notes:  I suspect that "Turner Skids" is actually Tuner Skids, a
> redeco to go along with that horrible Tuner Mudflap pegwarmer.  I'm
> hoping Elita-1 will come with instructions to combine her with the
> other two motorcycle chicks.  Also, Hasbro totally stole the name
> Hailstorm from me.)

Word on the street is that motorcycle-combination instructions are
gonna go online.

> I also found some mystery listings that don't seem to be currently
> identified as part of an assortment:
>
> TRA BRAWL JOLT (UPC 6-53569-53768)
> TRA BUMLBEBE GRINDO (UPC 6-53569-53773)
>
> (Notes: I forgot to write down the price on these.  They sound like 2-
> packs, obviously, but of what size toys?  Brawl and Jolt were both
> Deluxe toys, but Grindor was a Voyager, so I don't think these are the
> same movie toys.  Either they're reassigning names or they're
> different toys of the movie characters.)

FAB two-packs?

> SIDESWIPE (UPC 6-53569-52159)
> AUOTBOT [sic] JAZZ (UPC 6-53569-50368)
>
> (Notes: The price point on these is $29.96 so I suspect they are Human
> Alliance toys, but I'm not sure.  I mean, why would Sideswipe reship
> instead of, say, Bumblebee?  Also, the misspelling of "Autobot" is
> probably not Hasbro's fault this time, since somebody at the Walmart
> home office just keys in the information that's provided to them by
> Hasbro.  I will never stop teasing them about printing the name
> "Auotbot Grapple" on official Transformers packaging, though.  That's
> just sloppy and careless.)

There's a rumour going around that Sideswipe is gonna get a blue
repaint (obviously a Tracks nod) but that's just a rumour.

Onslaught Six

Jun 11, 2010, 3:29:28 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 2:33 am, TigerMegatron <TigerMegat...@aol.com> wrote:

> those 3 new names for the TF voyager assortments is interesting: twin
> boom flight,strafe & lugnut.  my gut feeling tells me lugnut is a
> animated repaint. hopefully strafe & twin boom flight are 100% new
> molds.

Rumour is that it's a repaint of Stratosphere in AniLugnut's colours.

Zobovor

Jun 11, 2010, 10:28:57 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 1:24 pm, Onslaught Six <onslaught...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dunno if anyone else mentioned this, but I don't think that's what's
> going on here. I seem to remember seeing a Legends Hound repaint due
> out in the fall, literally called Tracker Hound (in the manner of,
> say, Rescue Ratchet)--meaning it's an alternate colour scheme for an
> existing character, and not a new way to avoid/keep trademarks.

I think it's both, actually. Both Hound and Ratchet are characters to
whom Hasbro doesn't own the original names, so they have to do some
trademark trickery every time. Most of the time it's been Autobot
Ratchet—a common, everyday word attached to a trademark Hasbro already
owns—but Rescue Ratchet is just a different approach, since it
combines two common, everyday words together in a unique and
distinctive way. (This is how you can have a restaurant named Burger
King and another competing restaurant called Crown Burger. It's not
any of the individual words like "burger" that anyone holds the rights
to, but that specific combination of words together.)

So, yes, in this context, these names represent a new iteration of an
older character, but Hasbro still wouldn't be able to get away with
the plain old vanilla names Hound and Ratchet without some kind of
modifier, at least not while another company holds the rights to those
trademarks.

> I think this is the first we've heard of Dirge. Thrust, we'd seen pics
> of, it's the Henkei version with different paint. Wondering if Dirge
> will actually use the Henkei mould, or if he'll be a repaint of
> Thrust...

I'm hoping it's the Henkei version with different paint. After coming
this far and getting both Ramjet and Thrust so very right, it would be
a real shame to fudge things in the end and do an inaccurate, cost-
cutting version of Dirge (which is basically what happened with the
BotCon toy).

> Dunno who Strafe is, first I've heard we're getting someone new with
> the name.

I'm sure this isn't it, but I'm picturing a big, poseable version of
the Technobot jet. That really makes me giddy for some reason, but I
seriously doubt it would ever come to pass. Too bad. (Now, whatever
the actual toy is, I'm guaranteed to be disappointed. Sigh.)

Zob

Uriel Ventris

Jun 14, 2010, 1:23:04 AM6/14/10
On Jun 11, 9:12 pm, Octopus Monger <octopus.mon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&categor...

Oh. It's just Jeff Goldblum.

Onslaught Six

Jun 14, 2010, 8:57:55 AM6/14/10
On Jun 14, 1:23 am, Uriel Ventris <uv.ultramar...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Oh. It's just Jeff Goldblum.

I just saw that film again last night with my girlfriend. She'd never
seen and I hadn't seen it in probably over a decade. Really messed me
up as a kid, too, if I recall.

I still want Insecticon, though. Reminds me of BW Insecticon, he does.
Kuwagaigar!