Paperwork from Hasbro in the early 80's

1 view

Freds Workshop

Jan 9, 2006, 3:37:29 PM1/9/06
Something I thought I would share now that I got rid of it :-) Have a
sampling of internal corporate paperwork from Hasbro in the early
80's:

http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx5/bc05/tfpage1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx5/bc05/tfpage2.JPG

Some highlights:

- Hasbro discovered them at the Tokoyo Toy Fair in 1983

- made history as the largest presell ever at the American
International ToyFair in February 1984.

- Trade response was 100 million dollars in wholesale orders within
seven days.

- Hitting stores in late May, Hasbro sold over 3 million robots in 8
weeks (10 million robots in 7 months)

Enjoy. Hopefully, if there is an interest in this kind of thing, the
fellow who just bought all of these from me will scan in the rest of
the documents and share them.

MythBusters, Transformers Style :-)

--

Fred. Please insert witty line here.

====================================

Visit Freds Workshop, The Transformer Page!

http://www.geocities.com/fredsworkshop/

Home of Fred's Complete Transformers Variants Page!
Check the Needs List daily. It changed as you read this.

"An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys."

Chad Rushing

Jan 9, 2006, 4:16:56 PM1/9/06
Thanks for sharing that! I have to wonder what the wholesale order
numbers are these days.

I have to wonder if all of the mixed vendors (Takara, Bandai, etc.) who
ended becoming G1 in the USA all had their transforming toys on display
at that fair or if Hasbro hunted the extras down once they started
dealing with Takara.

On a side note, it was funny to see corporate documentation in a
fixed-width font. It makes you realize how long ago these toys really
came out.

- Chad

Autobus Prime

Jan 10, 2006, 7:56:31 AM1/10/06

Chad Rushing wrote:
> Thanks for sharing that! I have to wonder what the wholesale order
> numbers are these days.

Me too. I would especially like to see how Armada, Energon, &
Cybertron compare.

> On a side note, it was funny to see corporate documentation in a
> fixed-width font. It makes you realize how long ago these toys really
> came out.

Looks to me like typewriter work.

Cordially yours:
Autobus Prime